Caring for loved ones?

Caring for loved ones?

Find the resources you need

Community
Entertainment & Leisure

Gold Conversationalist
menschmedia

Favorite TV Theme Songs

Before the days when cool pop songs popped up during TV episodes, catchy ditties and impossible-to-forget musical themes introduced our favorite shows — from the scary notes that set the tone for "Twilight Zone," to the silly song that created the mood for "The Munsters.” (Don't know about you, but I can't forget that wacky song about "identical cousins" from the Patty Duke Show. Is that even possible??!!!)

If haven't already, check out our 10 Top TV Theme Songs, featuring video clips so you can sing along. Then vote for your favorite in the poll below (you'll have to be logged in) and join the discussion. Which great theme songs did we leave off our list? Which songs have stuck with you and why?

Maybe we can all work on word equivalents for our most-treasured musical memories - like buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-BUM-BUM  — can you tell which theme song that is?
Laughing
Please use plain text.
Gold Conversationalist
menschmedia

Favorite TV Theme Songs

Before the days when cool pop songs popped up during TV episodes, catchy ditties and impossible-to-forget musical themes introduced our favorite shows — from the scary notes that set the tone for "Twilight Zone," to the silly song that created the mood for "The Munsters.” (Don't know about you, but I can't forget that wacky song about "identical cousins" from the Patty Duke Show. Is that even possible??!!!)

If haven't already, check out our 10 Top TV Theme Songs, featuring video clips so you can sing along. Then vote for your favorite in the poll below (you'll have to be logged in) and join the discussion. Which great theme songs did we leave off our list? Which songs have stuck with you and why?

Maybe we can all work on word equivalents for our most-treasured musical memories - like buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-bum-buh-duh-BUM-BUM  — can you tell which theme song that is?
Laughing
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
Fredwilner

Re: Favorite TV Theme Songs

What about the Love Boat and Love American Style?
Please use plain text.
Gold Conversationalist
menschmedia

In Response to Re: Favorite TV Theme Songs:
What about the Love Boat and Love American Style?
Posted by Fredwilner

Can you sing them for us? Or at least remind us of the words?
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
lgriffin

what about Mash are Gun Smoke some of the longest running series on tv
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
roberttv

One of the earliest I can remember as a kid was the "I Love Lucy" theme song.  Even little kids today know they're going to see "Lucy" when they hear that music. There are words to it, and Ricky sings it at least once in the series to Lucy.
My two most favorites are: CHEERS and GOLDEN GIRLS. 
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
Terryver10

What about the original theme song to the Show Family Matters?  It was Louis Armstrong singing   What a Wonderful World.
and another farvorite is Henry Mancini directing the Theme Song from Newhart.  
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
patbrendel

How about the themes from "The Addams Family", "The Brady Bunch", "Star Trek", "Dragnet", "Bat Masterson", "Dallas".
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
sexysenior1

In Response to Re: Favorite TV Theme Songs:
How about the theme songs from Bonanza, The Rifleman, Batman, Car 54, Mission Impossible, Hawaii Five o,Secret Agent Man,
Posted by kovalev6
Oh, yes.  I love those shows' theme song.  What about The Cosby shows theme songs, from the beginning series to the end?
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker

Mike Hammer's Harlem Nocturn
Please use plain text.