Medicare Open Enrollment Ends Today. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Favorite TV Theme Songs

Message 1 of 126 (639 Views)

Rockford Files,Hill St. Blues,Doctor Who,All in the Family,Family Guy and Cheers to name a few.

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 126 (647 Views)

For me, some of my favorites are: Naked City (2nd theme using "Somewhere in the Night" 1961-1963); Peter Gunn; Perry Mason; Ironside (1971, the 2nd theme from "Kill Bill"); N.Y.P.D. (1966-1967); The Streets of San Francisco; Felony Squad (1968-1969); The Fugitive (1963-1967); The Name of the Game, 1968-1970; The High Chaparral, 1st season, 1967.  Mr. Lucky, 1959; Kojak, 1973; Law & Order, long version 1990-1993 and NBA on CBS theme (1983-1989). 

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 126 (677 Views)

The original theme song from Simon & Simon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDhz_mVcVCQ

and of course MacGyver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBGF3yeNCQ

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 126 (735 Views)

doglover52 wrote:

Pam,I vaguely remember western "Sugarfoot". I could  remember the first name of actor  before I looked up show in my TV ref,guide. His name was Will Hutchins,show aired on ABC '57-61 Sue

Sue, Thanks for your research and the info.  Yes, Will Hutchins.  I am surprised the show was on as long as it was;  seems like we hardly hear anyone mention it anymore, so I've always assumed it was not real popular.  Will Hutchins was part of that Warner Brothers stable of actors that existed back then - they had quite a line-up of handsome hunks! Woman Wink

As a preteen and teenager, I had a weakness for blond guys.  And Will Hutchins was sorta blond, as I recall - so I thought he was cute!  (Though I had an eye for the blond guys, my favorite dates were always dark-haired fellows.  My hub was dark-haired and now he is a wonderful silver/gray combo which becomes him greatly, I think! Woman Happy )

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 126 (741 Views)

Pam,I vaguely remember western "Sugarfoot". I could  remember the first name of actor  before I looked up show in my TV ref,guide. His name was Will Hutchins,show aired on ABC '57-61 Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 126 (753 Views)

PattyDiane wrote:

Bringing up "Surfside Six" made me think of another old favorite: "77 Sunset Strip".  Who can forget Edd "Kookie" Byrnes combing his hair at the beginning of the show.

Wasn't there a hit song, "Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb?", about the character from "77 Sunset Strip"?  Along with "Surfside Six" and "77 Sunset Strip", Warner Brothers also offered us "Bourbon Street Beat", set in New Orleans, and "Hawaiian Eye" with Connie Stevens.

There was a western with a theme song I kinda liked, "Sugarfoot".  Anyone remember that show?

I liked the theme song to Disney's "Zorro" series - I can still sing that one in a rousing manner!

A more recent show that I thought had a good theme song was "Friends". That theme song was "I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 126 (641 Views)

In my orignal post I mentioned "Hill St. Blues,LA Law" as favorite themes,I'm adding "Remington Steele' because its a wonderful jazz theme written by Henry Mancini,who also wrote theme for TV mini series,"The Thornbirds" Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 126 (650 Views)

Bringing up "Surfside Six" made me think of another old favorite: "77 Sunset Strip".  Who can forget Edd "Kookie" Byrnes combing his hair at the beginning of the show.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 126 (657 Views)

I liked the theme to "Surfside Six", the drama based in Miami, and on which Troy Donahue was one of the stars.  The song was a light-weight, but it stuck in my mind and I would go around singing the first few lines to myself, back when the show was airing.  (I started to write "back when the show was popular", but I'm not sure it ever was!!)

There have been so many good theme songs over the years, haven't there?  A great song that comes to mind is one that was used on Jackie Gleason's show & which he is given credit for creating, I believe:  "Melancholy Serenade". That is one hauntingly beautiful song...Heart

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 126 (668 Views)
I'm glad somebody mentioned "Have Gun Will Travel." There's a lot of good themes, like for "Monk" and "Mission Impossible, but I always like a lot of the Westerns' themes, and that was my favorite.