Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Early TV programs Do You Remember These?

Message 1 of 156

Zorro was one of my favorites.  I also never missed Gunsmoke, the best Western ever made. I still watch it every day on me tv. I also liked watching Hazel , the life of Riley, Andy Griffith, and the 3 stooges. I now watch the reruns of The Love Boat on me tv every Sunday and it releases my stress and for the 2 hours it's on l feel like I'm back in the good old days.

Report Inappropriate Content
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 156

I remember 99% of all the previous shows, but also The Big Payoff that resulted in a mink being won, Hit Parade on Sat night, G E Theater, I Led Three Lives, Our Miss Brooks, Alcoa Presents One Step Beyond,  Art Llinkletter with Kids Say The Darndest Things and Perry Mason. ( I was a very precocious child.) There was also a Medical show called Medic.   I ended up in the hospital with my tonsils being taken out and the nurses had a fit when I wanted to watch Medic!  It was NOT a childs show but I loved it!     

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 156

The memories of good ole Andy Devine that Antiochcat just stirred up. Wild Bill Hickok! Wait for me!

Super Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 156

(Replying to the Andy’s Gang post). Brought to you by: Hi, I’m Buster Brown. I live in a shoe. Arf. That’s my dog Tigh. He lives in there too!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 5 of 156

For those who grew up in the Pacific NW, remember Stan Bornsen and slow-mo? And JP Patches who lived in the city dump? 

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 156

Andy's Gang 

"Pluck yer magic twanger, Froggy!"

"Hiya kids! Hiya, hiya, hiya, hiya!!"

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 156

"Hey! Do The Mouse now!

Heyyy! You can do it in your house now..."

Conversationalist

Message 8 of 156

Robert Horton played Flint McCullough, the scout on Wagon Train, for the first seasons. He left to pursue other things, one of which was the Broadway musical, The Rainmaker. He did have another western series after Wagon Train, but it wasn't a spinoff. It was A Man Called Shenandoah. In the show, a man shot and left for dead on the trail is found and revived. He has no recollection of his past and, calling himself Shenandoah, roams the West in search of his identity. Horton's last role was on "Murder, She Wrote." He died in 2016 at 91.

Conversationalist

Message 9 of 156

howdy doody, sky king and superman were some of my favorites.

Conversationalist

Message 10 of 156

Love the topic, so many wonderful memories come flooding back. Thank You!

How about these? There was a different western on every night early evenings after supper.

Cheyenne, Sugarfoot, Laramie (Robert Fuller), Rifleman, Laredo

Ty Hardin but can’t recall his character name.

Other western fav - Cisco Kid, Bonanza, Gene Autry, and the infamous ‘Happy Trails To Me’....Roy Rogers and Dale Evans with Buttermilk and old Nelly Bell lol

I’m sure I have to be missing some.

Also anything with animals, especially dogs!  Daktari (Oh how I loved that show and couldn’t wait until it came on; waiting all week) Lassie, Rin Tin Tin,