The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Dr Phil yes or no?

Message 1 of 6 (269 Views)

I do watch the shoe from time to time.  I am always surprised that some of these people go on the show.  

Esp the people whose families bring them on because they think they are being catfished

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6 (285 Views)

I used to like the show, but now it seems more about how important Dr. Phil is, than about helping people. It's often as if he's already stereotyped/pigeon-holed various members of a family, and if one of them asks a legitimate question, or makes a valid & polite statement, if he wants them to be seen as "the bad guy", he cuts them off like you would a child, telling them something like they're not the expert he is .. and if they think they're experts, why can't they fix their own problems!

I personally think that although people think they're getting a lot of valuable "therapy" on these talk or reality shows, therapy shouldn't be shown on TV where everyone is "playing to the camera" more than going thru a very intimate experience.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 3 of 6 (334 Views)

doglover52 wrote:

I've never liked him.

A BIG DITTO! I can't stand the man!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 6 (384 Views)

I've never liked him.

Walkers Take It All In Strides

Message 5 of 6 (422 Views)

Dr Phil has come a long way as they say.  He makes a lot of money and has lots of viewers but he is a polarizing personality.

So are you a fan of Dr Phil or not?

Dr Phil yes or no?

Message 6 of 6 (423 Views)

Phillip Calvin McGraw (born September 1, 1950),[2] known as Dr. Phil, is an American television personality, author, psychologist, and the host of the television show Dr. Phil, which debuted in 2002. McGraw first gained celebrity status with appearances on The Oprah Winfrey Show in the late 1990s.[3] In 2015, Forbes listed his earnings at $70 million for the previous 12 months, and ranked him the 15th highest earning celebrity in the world.[4]