Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Regular Social Butterfly

Re: Dr. Blake Mysteries on PBS

Message 1 of 8 (202 Views)

yeah, tried that; only on "iview" (don't think it Apple related).

See, this is what I don't like about tech today; too many options... I always need AMC and ID so I'm limited...

Thanks, Astraea!

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 8 (206 Views)

It may only be available via Netflix on your cable system, but if you go back to the original post & use the link there, I think you may be able to watch it online too.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Regular Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 8 (212 Views)

Weird, when I search Cox here in LV it says Netflix subscription...

Well, keep me posted, if you will my Friend, until I figure this out?

Thanks!

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”

Message 4 of 8 (219 Views)

@WebWiseWoman - I don't do Netflix either; it's on one of my PBS stations, 8 pm Friday evening.

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 8 (221 Views)

Keep me posted, please? Reads like a great show but I don't Netflix.

Thanks in advance,

#VegasStrong

Message 6 of 8 (240 Views)

@nyadrn - What surprised me about the show, having watched it last night before reading up on it, was that they sounded like the typical Brit mystery, but they kept referring to Melbourne .. but didn't have that stereotypical Australian accent! The show is Australian, as are all the main cast members.

Message 7 of 8 (247 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

Is anyone here a fan of the Dr. Blake Myteries (Australian)? I watched it for the first time last night .. a welcome change from "Midsomer Murders"! Smiley Happy

"Dr. Blake Mysteries"

From Wikipedia: "Doctor Lucien Blake left Australia in his 20s to study medicine in Scotland. Following a posting at a London hospital, he joined the British Army as a medical officer. During World War II, Blake's service included the Far East, where he fell in love with and married a Chinese woman, with whom he had a child. However, at the fall of Singapore, he lost sight of both of them. He searched for them all the time he was away, and continues the search after he arrives in Ballarat. Dr Blake also spent time in Thailand's Ban Pong POW camp. After a 33-year absence, Blake returned home in 1959 to take over his late father's practice as a medical general practitioner and also becomes the Ballarat area police surgeon."

Never seen it.  Thanks for the info!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Highlighted

Dr. Blake Mysteries on PBS

Message 8 of 8 (253 Views)

Is anyone here a fan of the Dr. Blake Myteries (Australian)? I watched it for the first time last night .. a welcome change from "Midsomer Murders"! Smiley Happy

"Dr. Blake Mysteries"

From Wikipedia: "Doctor Lucien Blake left Australia in his 20s to study medicine in Scotland. Following a posting at a London hospital, he joined the British Army as a medical officer. During World War II, Blake's service included the Far East, where he fell in love with and married a Chinese woman, with whom he had a child. However, at the fall of Singapore, he lost sight of both of them. He searched for them all the time he was away, and continues the search after he arrives in Ballarat. Dr Blake also spent time in Thailand's Ban Pong POW camp. After a 33-year absence, Blake returned home in 1959 to take over his late father's practice as a medical general practitioner and also becomes the Ballarat area police surgeon."