Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Autopsy: The Last Hours

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 9 (91 Views)

Kurt Cobain.  I hate that he was in such pain that this was what he chose.  Such a talent. OMG so sad.  I always wonder how much more he would have done.    How much pain you have to be in to do this.   

I like the detail and care they take in the story.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Highlighted

Message 2 of 9 (172 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

I missed the Bob Marley episode, but I did see one the other night about Robin Williams, and one about Patrick Swayze the day before. Being a dancer & married to a dancer, I was surprised to hear that Swayze was a very heavy smoker. I was also shocked that after he outlasted early medical predications by a lot, there were nasty, unfounded rumors that his wife hadn't taken good care of him.

Those sound interesting as well.  I am surprised at how little I actually know about some of these.

Message 3 of 9 (173 Views)

cn5621 wrote:

ASTRAEA wrote:

I missed the Bob Marley episode, but I did see one the other night about Robin Williams, and one about Patrick Swayze the day before. Being a dancer & married to a dancer, I was surprised to hear that Swayze was a very heavy smoker. I was also shocked that after he outlasted early medical predications by a lot, there were nasty, unfounded rumors that his wife hadn't taken good care of him.

There is always someone with something nasty to say, I just take it with a grain of salt and consider the source. Most of these people are attention seekers and half of the time don't know what they are talking about. I try not to give in to temptation and tell them off, sometime i give in. Oh well.

Hence the old saying..

1. Benjamin Franklin — 'Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you  see. (I add, in print) : )

Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 9 (180 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

There is always someone with something nasty to say, I just take it with a grain of salt and consider the source. Most of these people are attention seekers and half of the time don't know what they are talking about. I try not to give in to temptation and tell them off, sometime i give in. Oh well.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 9 (219 Views)

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 6 of 9 (221 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

I enjoy that series too, and now I've seen 2 of the 3 medical examiners, who've done the show .. Dr. Michael Hunter & Dr. Richard Shepherd (UK series). I see that one of our favorite "bad guys", Iain Glen, does the narration in the UK series.

I often wonder how it goes when they feature a celebrity who's died a long time ago .. all the musicians from back in the 1960s & 1970s. We all know that forensics has come along way since then, and these medical examiners must wonder if the findings would have been different, if those autopsies were done today.

There are lots of stories about the deaths of many of the musicians from the 60's and 70's and most relate to their wild lifestyles and how they all drink and took drugs to excess and died young...  I really had no idea that Bob Marley died from cancer.  It was very informative.  

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 9 (230 Views)

I enjoy that series too, and now I've seen 2 of the 3 medical examiners, who've done the show .. Dr. Michael Hunter & Dr. Richard Shepherd (UK series). I see that one of our favorite "bad guys", Iain Glen, does the narration in the UK series.

I often wonder how it goes when they feature a celebrity who's died a long time ago .. all the musicians from back in the 1960s & 1970s. We all know that forensics has come along way since then, and these medical examiners must wonder if the findings would have been different, if those autopsies were done today.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 8 of 9 (273 Views)

I have enjoyed the episodes I have seen, including Chris Farley. Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley.  I thought they were well done and cleared up some questions. 

Anyone else?

Autopsy: The Last Hours

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 9 (275 Views)

The show features a Dr who goes back over the deaths of prominent people.  He reviews autopsy results against today's medical knowledge.   

About Autopsy: The Last Hours Of…
Autopsy: The Last Hours Of… is a documentary series that reveals the truth behind the controversial deaths of global icons and people whose untimely deaths were surrounded by scandal and intense media attention. Fact and fiction are forever separated through reconstructions of their final hours using crucial medical evidence from the actual autopsies to explain how and why they died while interviews with friends and family shed light on the events that led to death—finally putting an end to the speculation. The new hour-long episodes focus on the final hours of Steve McQueen, Richard Pryor, Bruce Lee, Janis Joplin, Dennis Wilson and Bernie Mac. Autopsy: The Last Hours Of… is produced by Potato, part of ITV Studios.

http://www.reelz.com/autopsy/