Info Seeker

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 2 of 318

Netflix

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 318

Longmeadow is on Netflix from the beginning. 

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 318

After reading your article on Longmire I would love to start the series. Can you tell me how to accomplish this with a Roku and Antenna?  Want to start with Series 1.

Thanks

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 318

Have been on an outdoor antenna for almost 6 years now. Tired of paying for channels I don't wach or don't care to watch. All available channels have sub channels. I love the Beaver also. One particular sub channel is Decades TV. Again this month they are revisiting "Lost TV series" It is wonderful. some I remember and some not. I also write down the ones that I really like. Rather than purchase a smart TV or the new add ons, at the time I went to an antenna, I purchased 2 PC's and hooked them to my 2 TVs. The cost recoup by not having cable was about 5 months. A few months ago I purchased MHz app because it was once a local sub channel and we fell in love with the European TV series (sub-titled of course). The flash player in a PC is much better than a smart TV. You Tube is a treasure trove of movies and "lost TV" There is an entire or partial run of some of these series. Old b/w movies numer in the thousands. Never have a day that I cannot find something really good to watch.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 318

Heart Yes! I ABSOLUTELY, Love The Beaver, met him in person; at a booksigning where autographed his book for me! =D

I have the Complete Season 1 & 2 DVD Box sets; as well as Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore; and Andy Griffith. 

Conversationalist

Message 7 of 318

Binge watching Gunsmoke with Mr. Dillon, Chester, Doc, and Miss Kitty. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 318

n566192l wrote:

CHANNEL 12, 62 is News 12 NEW JERSEY. When I mentioned Toms River, NewJersey, I am not sure of the person name, or contact information.

@n566192l  Nancy, here is a Toms River story about sharing Veteran's photos. https://patch.com/new-jersey/tomsriver/share-your-veterans-day-photos-and-thoughts-in-a-patch-blog_d...

Here's the text from that story. It includes an email address to write to for more information. 

"Do you have any photos of a veteran in your family or thoughts about Veteran's Day?

Or perhaps you have photos of a Veterans Day parade or ceremony held this weekend or today? 

Share your photos or thoughts in a Patch blog! 

NJ.com posted this collection of historical photos of veterans from various parts of New Jersey, along with a history of the national holiday. The photos include scenes from Lakehurst, Cape May Point and Atlantic City.

We're willing to bet a lot of our readers have their own photos, historical remembrances and thoughts on this holiday.

You can easily and quickly start your own Patch blog to share your own pictures or comments. Click here for information on how to start a blog. Even a few paragraphs to go along with your photos would be great.

For more information, email denise.distephan@patch.com. Thank you. Happy Veteran's Day and thank you to all those who are serving and to our veterans."

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 318

nyadrn wrote:

@catwoman500  

There was another show on TV that had that same issue.  What the heck was it?  Wasn't it set on an island?

@nyadrn...May have been Lost. Funny, but as I was comnmenting on Twin Peaks I was thinking of Lost and almost mentioned it as doing the same thing.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 318

catwoman500 wrote:

@nyadrn, @SusieC51...Yep, I started watching Twin Peaks when it first came on and then it went so far down the rabbit hole it lost me as a viewer. N.

@catwoman500  

There was another show on TV that had that same issue.  What the heck was it?  Wasn't it set on an island?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith