AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Info Seeker

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 1 of 187 (7 Views)

James Franciscus was truly a good looking man, and I enjoyed Mr. Novak as well, but the MOST DELICIOUS man on TV in the 60's was Dr. Kildare!  OMG, Richard Chamberlain literally made my toes curl!  He has been the object of my affection for almost 60 years.  I really wish that nostalgia TV would bring it back, along with Ben Casey--another hunk of a man!  Anybody else wish the doctors would make house calls again?

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 187 (76 Views)

When watching TV classic tv is Mostly all

i watch. MASH, All in the family, barney miller wonder woman (boxset) a few others from childhood and teen years and Seinfeld from young adulthood 

however there was a show on when i was really little called call "my World and Welcome to it" starring William Windom.

CANNOT FIND THIS ANYWHERE! 

Thoughts/info?

Gold Conversationalist

Message 3 of 187 (141 Views)

Here's a real obscure one, and how manyy people recall watching these shows, all starring Anne Southern?  Private Secretary, starring Anne Southern as Susan camile Mcnamara is secretary to handsome talent agent Peter Sands, played by Don Porter and was an early one 1953-1957. 'The Anne Southern Show', starring Anne Southern, as Katy O'Connor, Don Porter, her boss, Mr. Devry. Katy O'Connor is the assistant manager of the Bartley House Hotel in New York City.  it also starred ernest Treux as onoe of Katies boss' and Jesse White an Oscar Pudney.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 4 of 187 (157 Views)

Does anyoner remember the late 1950's television show: Rescue 8?.  If I recall correctly, it showcased first responders to disasters like building fires, floods etc.  The footage was from the archives of the Los Angeles Fire Dept.  It starred: Jim Davis  as Wes Cameron and Lang Jeffries as Skip Johnson. This show ran from 1958 - 1960, rather a short run.  

Speaking of shows of this genre, anybody remember Highway Patrol, with Broderick Crawford as Lieutenant Dan Matthews.  This show was a weekly half hour drama.   As I recall the show showcased the life of Highway Patrol officers and as i recall, Dan Matthews drove a 1955 Buick Special, black and white, of course.  

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?m

Message 5 of 187 (249 Views)

Ah The Avengers, starring Patrick mcneee and Diana Rigg.  i recall this series was set in England,  It wasabout a detective named Mr. Steed.  His assistant was Emma Peel, played by Diana Rigg.  As I recall, John Steed was a spy and Emma peel, his assistant.  John Steed didn't carry a gun but a special black  English 'Brolly", AKA unbrella that had a hidden gun and other necessities of a spy.  This umbrella was very likely a 'BRIGG' umbrella, by Swaine Adeney & Brigg, a fomous London firm with the ryoal warrant. I've got a Brigg umbrella and it's the best umbrella I've ever owned, top quality and very well made.  Also, like 007, Steed and Peel enjoyed 007's favorite chempagne: Bollinger 'Special Cuvee'. This is Bollingers non-vintage champagne.  This champagne is one of the best champagnes for lovers of rich, biscuity and full bodied champagnes.  But their top of the line: Grand Anee, their vintage champagne is released only in exceptional vintage years, yum yum!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 6 of 187 (256 Views)

Mac Gyver, starring the gorgeous Richard Dean Anderson from the early 1980's.  i don't remember what this show was about other then Mac Gyver was always getting in to diffuicult situarions and was  getting out of them using somewhat unconventional methods!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 7 of 187 (267 Views)

Ah yes Room 222 with Karen Valentine and Michael Constantine.  i believe this was a short lived show from 1969 - 1974.. it was a show about a fictional high school, Alexander Hamilton High School and also starred Ivan Dxon, (Hogans Heroes).  

Anybody recall a weekly television drama starring James Franciscus from the early 1960's, called Mr. Novak, starring James Franciscus?.  Mr. Novak  was a  high school English teacher.. John Novak teaches at Jefferson High School, which is a real high school in inner city Los Angeles. After Mr. Novak, James Franciscus went on to: Longstreet, with James Franciscus who portrayed  a blind detective, Longstreet.  Wow, these are really obscure but at the last end of great television. 

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 187 (286 Views)

I enjoy watching all the old Magnum PI shows.  Tom Selleck was drop-dead gorgeous back then and he's still a good looking man on Blue Bloods which is my favorite TV show.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 187 (352 Views)

My favorite is M*A*S*H. Presently watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Have watched Sanford and Son, Good times, and The Jeffersons on occasion.  Stumbled on Room 222.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 187 (421 Views)

For all the Magnum P. I.FANS

Just found show on StarsCL