Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Conversationalist

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 1 of 312 (47 Views)

Binge watching Gunsmoke with Mr. Dillon, Chester, Doc, and Miss Kitty. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 312 (61 Views)

n566192l wrote:

CHANNEL 12, 62 is News 12 NEW JERSEY. When I mentioned Toms River, NewJersey, I am not sure of the person name, or contact information.

@n566192l  Nancy, here is a Toms River story about sharing Veteran's photos. https://patch.com/new-jersey/tomsriver/share-your-veterans-day-photos-and-thoughts-in-a-patch-blog_d...

Here's the text from that story. It includes an email address to write to for more information. 

"Do you have any photos of a veteran in your family or thoughts about Veteran's Day?

Or perhaps you have photos of a Veterans Day parade or ceremony held this weekend or today? 

Share your photos or thoughts in a Patch blog! 

NJ.com posted this collection of historical photos of veterans from various parts of New Jersey, along with a history of the national holiday. The photos include scenes from Lakehurst, Cape May Point and Atlantic City.

We're willing to bet a lot of our readers have their own photos, historical remembrances and thoughts on this holiday.

You can easily and quickly start your own Patch blog to share your own pictures or comments. Click here for information on how to start a blog. Even a few paragraphs to go along with your photos would be great.

For more information, email denise.distephan@patch.com. Thank you. Happy Veteran's Day and thank you to all those who are serving and to our veterans."

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 312 (70 Views)

nyadrn wrote:

@catwoman500  

There was another show on TV that had that same issue.  What the heck was it?  Wasn't it set on an island?

@nyadrn...May have been Lost. Funny, but as I was comnmenting on Twin Peaks I was thinking of Lost and almost mentioned it as doing the same thing.

Message 4 of 312 (80 Views)

catwoman500 wrote:

@nyadrn, @SusieC51...Yep, I started watching Twin Peaks when it first came on and then it went so far down the rabbit hole it lost me as a viewer. N.

@catwoman500  

There was another show on TV that had that same issue.  What the heck was it?  Wasn't it set on an island?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 5 of 312 (85 Views)

30 Rock is now a Hulu offering. DH has watched perhaps 3 episodes, but I managed to fall asleep within the first 3 minutes each time. Same thing with Seinfeld.

Understand, I enjoyed these series (though didn't watch every episode) when they were new, so it's pretty interesting that I keep falling sleep to them now.  I guess maybe it hasn't been long enough?  Maybe I should see if Hulu has My Three Sons? Or Leave It To Beaver?

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 312 (176 Views)

@nyadrn, @SusieC51...Yep, I started watching Twin Peaks when it first came on and then it went so far down the rabbit hole it lost me as a viewer. N.

Message 7 of 312 (179 Views)

SusieC51 wrote:

I binge watched the first round of Twin Peaks so I could watch the “new” one. Have to say, I have no clue what that show was about plus it’s up there on perhaps the strangest shows I’ve ever seen! Two of the best I’ve binge watched were Downton Abbey and Lord of the Rings and the follow-up movies related (watched them all twice they were so good)!

@SusieC51  Well that is exactly what stein Peaks was known for.  It was a mystery series created by Mark Frost and David Lynch (of Blue Velvet fame) and it was too scattered and weird for most people and ratings dropped.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Gold Conversationalist

Message 8 of 312 (194 Views)

I binge watched the first round of Twin Peaks so I could watch the “new” one. Have to say, I have no clue what that show was about plus it’s up there on perhaps the strangest shows I’ve ever seen! Two of the best I’ve binge watched were Downton Abbey and Lord of the Rings and the follow-up movies related (watched them all twice they were so good)!

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 312 (389 Views)

I started to watch some on my local channels here in Dallas . But got disgusted with all the Medicare and drug and burial and atttorney nonsense on every commercial  . I don't have cable just the internet and got a Roku  plus I have a lot of Dvd's of Bewitched and Dark Shadows and others . I dropped HUlu over the stupid drug commercials . We have a lot of old shows here but way too many commercials I guess they figure only Seniors watch them and they need drugs . I got a lot of my Dvd,s a flea markets . 

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 312 (394 Views)

I love Watching the Walton's, Little House on the Prairie, Emergency, Walker Texas Ranger. I recently got to meet Robert Fuller (Dr Brackett). Nellie, Almonzo Wilder  and Carrie Ingalls in New Jersey on October 28th.