What the Government Shutdown Means for You! Which Federal Government Services Will Be Affected? Read More

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 1 of 321

@k397840k... Yes, Moonlighting was a great 80's show. Not that it matters at all, but Cybill Shepherd, the female co-star is not at the present time a lesbian although she has spoken out about sexuality. Her daughter, Clementine, has recently come out though. N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Gold Conversationalist

Message 2 of 321

The series "Moonlighting" was a fav in the 80s.  Not crazy about the female co-star, a former model, who came out as a lesbian.  She was from Alabama, and Bruce Willis, from NYC.  Reportedly the chemistry wasn't there.  This was Bruce's first TV role. Not bad for a former bartender.  He was a hit in his action movies and  did practically all of his own stunts.  He was cutest back then before he shaved his head.  His marriage to Demi lasted longer than some.  Demi left Bruce for young Ashton Kutcher, who subsequently married a woman his own age.  Even with his shaved head, Bruce is still the sexiest.  WIsh TV would bring back the series "Moonlighting."   Really can't find much of today's fare to interest me.  Saw trailer of "Divorce" with one of the gals from Sex & The City, to be shown on HBO, which I don't subscribe to.   To combat the decline in TV programming, I watch TCM pretty regularly.  I like all of the old stars; there just seems to be so much sweetness in the  characters portrayed that's missing today.  How do we bring that back?  

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 321

The Bob Newark Show, Maude, All in the Family, Barney Miller, Golden Girls..all classics to me

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 321
Looking for The Troubleshooters 1959-1960. Thanks
Info Seeker

Message 5 of 321

Netflix

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 321

Longmeadow is on Netflix from the beginning. 

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 321

After reading your article on Longmire I would love to start the series. Can you tell me how to accomplish this with a Roku and Antenna?  Want to start with Series 1.

Thanks

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 321

Have been on an outdoor antenna for almost 6 years now. Tired of paying for channels I don't wach or don't care to watch. All available channels have sub channels. I love the Beaver also. One particular sub channel is Decades TV. Again this month they are revisiting "Lost TV series" It is wonderful. some I remember and some not. I also write down the ones that I really like. Rather than purchase a smart TV or the new add ons, at the time I went to an antenna, I purchased 2 PC's and hooked them to my 2 TVs. The cost recoup by not having cable was about 5 months. A few months ago I purchased MHz app because it was once a local sub channel and we fell in love with the European TV series (sub-titled of course). The flash player in a PC is much better than a smart TV. You Tube is a treasure trove of movies and "lost TV" There is an entire or partial run of some of these series. Old b/w movies numer in the thousands. Never have a day that I cannot find something really good to watch.

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 321

Heart Yes! I ABSOLUTELY, Love The Beaver, met him in person; at a booksigning where autographed his book for me! =D

I have the Complete Season 1 & 2 DVD Box sets; as well as Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore; and Andy Griffith. 

Conversationalist

Message 10 of 321

Binge watching Gunsmoke with Mr. Dillon, Chester, Doc, and Miss Kitty.