AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 81 of 312 (486 Views)

The Avengers, loved it. Glad it is currently running on again. Like everyone else has said, the older shows still have viewing power.

Message 82 of 312 (468 Views)

HOGANS HEROS , always makes me laugh. Anyone know the true story of what happened to Bob Crane?  Nancy

Message 83 of 312 (469 Views)

Me too, except I would be a Cowboy with a six gun on my hip and a song in my heart looking for a home on the range where the bufflo roam and the sky is not cloudy all day. Yesteryear is gone and tommorow is yet to come and I know living in the past is not a good thing, but sometimes I miss it , not all of it just some of it. So far this is the best part of the commuynity, nice and no one or two acting like an old married couple arguing just to be doing it. 

Message 84 of 312 (460 Views)

When they removed one of my favorite modern day Cowboy shows of the air . I got on the internet and asked  the station why and they explained even though it was in the middle % rating it did not appeal to the 18 to 34 year old segment that they were interested in. I guess all of us above 34 and older just don't count. I decided they didn't count also and droped that service from my Time Warner account. That is when I descovered Netflix and got a ROKU. Making me mad ended up saving me money, something I always like.

Message 85 of 312 (466 Views)

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I had forgot about the drunk dog, he stole the show.Hal Roach Studio produced many a funny laughable shows, we could use some of those today. Also I still love the old cartoons ,like Droopy The Dog and Woody Woodpecker. I enjoyed your Post.

Message 86 of 312 (464 Views)

I watched  Topper as a kid and the Man from Uncle every chance I got . If you realy want to go down memory lane, I was six years old when we got a T.V. We were the fourth family in the neighborhood to get one. Before that we listened to the Radio. As a child I looked forward to The Lone Ranger and my grand dad would then listen to Fibber McGee and Moly. We also listened to Only The Shadow Knows.  Other T.V. shows I watched was The Cisco Kid, Hawdy Doody, Roy Rogers, and on Saturday mornings we watched all of the old Cowboy movies from the 1930 's and the 1940's , something from the 1950's would have been new. Now I return to the past with Netflix,Hulu and Amazon. You never stop being a kid. It help me git my mind of the problems of today. Looks like I gave away my age. Happy I got here. 

Gold Conversationalist

Message 87 of 312 (459 Views)

Ah yes Topper, starring Leo G Carrol and Constance Bennett.  This series was about a somewhat grumpy and uptight banker, Cosmo Topper, and the ghosts which only he, (and nobody else) could see or hear, George and Marion Kerby along with a drunken St. Bernard named Neil, wh had a small cask of brandy on his collar, and he talked too. This was a weekly television sitcom from 1953-1955 and also starred Ann Jeffries as Marion Kirby and Robert Sterling as, George Kerby.  This show was made at Hal Roach Studios in Culver City California.  Although very short lived it truly was one of the early comedies.  My mother Marie, worked for Hal Roach Studios from 1936 to 1962, when the studio declared bankruptcy.  As an accountant and bookeeper for the studio, she rose through the ranks and due to her astute knowledge of taxes and costs, she helped guide Roach througheir bankruptcy.  The studio once stood on Washington Blvd. near Robertson Blvd. and although the studio buildings are long gone there's a plaque on the sidewalk at the former site that reads "Site of hal Roach Studios, Laugh factory to the world, 1917 - 1962".  Such great memories of a verly long gone television show.

Message 88 of 312 (470 Views)

Everyone,

I started watching, The Cars that made America. Great Show. Gives a time line of various types of cars, and  The companies. Try it out.  Nancy

Message 89 of 312 (463 Views)

Dear nyadrn, Hill STREET Blues and Nypd  Blue I saw an Cozi tv and Antana Tv. Sometimes on Decades tv too. Hope this helps . NANCY

Message 90 of 312 (456 Views)

Kc0635, I saw Spencer for Hire on Decades tv. Hope this helps. Nancy