Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Social Butterfly

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 61 of 287 (264 Views)

I watched  Topper as a kid and the Man from Uncle every chance I got . If you realy want to go down memory lane, I was six years old when we got a T.V. We were the fourth family in the neighborhood to get one. Before that we listened to the Radio. As a child I looked forward to The Lone Ranger and my grand dad would then listen to Fibber McGee and Moly. We also listened to Only The Shadow Knows.  Other T.V. shows I watched was The Cisco Kid, Hawdy Doody, Roy Rogers, and on Saturday mornings we watched all of the old Cowboy movies from the 1930 's and the 1940's , something from the 1950's would have been new. Now I return to the past with Netflix,Hulu and Amazon. You never stop being a kid. It help me git my mind of the problems of today. Looks like I gave away my age. Happy I got here. 

Gold Conversationalist

Message 62 of 287 (246 Views)

Ah yes Topper, starring Leo G Carrol and Constance Bennett.  This series was about a somewhat grumpy and uptight banker, Cosmo Topper, and the ghosts which only he, (and nobody else) could see or hear, George and Marion Kerby along with a drunken St. Bernard named Neil, wh had a small cask of brandy on his collar, and he talked too. This was a weekly television sitcom from 1953-1955 and also starred Ann Jeffries as Marion Kirby and Robert Sterling as, George Kerby.  This show was made at Hal Roach Studios in Culver City California.  Although very short lived it truly was one of the early comedies.  My mother Marie, worked for Hal Roach Studios from 1936 to 1962, when the studio declared bankruptcy.  As an accountant and bookeeper for the studio, she rose through the ranks and due to her astute knowledge of taxes and costs, she helped guide Roach througheir bankruptcy.  The studio once stood on Washington Blvd. near Robertson Blvd. and although the studio buildings are long gone there's a plaque on the sidewalk at the former site that reads "Site of hal Roach Studios, Laugh factory to the world, 1917 - 1962".  Such great memories of a verly long gone television show.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 287 (254 Views)

Everyone,

I started watching, The Cars that made America. Great Show. Gives a time line of various types of cars, and  The companies. Try it out.  Nancy

Message 64 of 287 (252 Views)

Dear nyadrn, Hill STREET Blues and Nypd  Blue I saw an Cozi tv and Antana Tv. Sometimes on Decades tv too. Hope this helps . NANCY

Message 65 of 287 (245 Views)

Kc0635, I saw Spencer for Hire on Decades tv. Hope this helps. Nancy

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 66 of 287 (249 Views)

DvdLWhite wrote:

Does anyone remember Topper with Leo G. Carroll as a man haunted by the previous owners of his home?  Leo G. Carroll went on to be Napoleon Solo and Ilya Kuryakin's boss in The Man from UNCLE.

I loved Hill Street Blues, so much that went it went off the air, I barely watched TV for a number of years.  I completely missed out on NYPD Blue because of it.  I started watching it much later on Amazon Video, got through a season-and-a-half and they took it off.

We've been watching Cheers and enjoying that.

Omg. I hate to admit I do remember Topper.  Yikes

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Conversationalist

Message 67 of 287 (262 Views)

Does anyone remember Topper with Leo G. Carroll as a man haunted by the previous owners of his home?  Leo G. Carroll went on to be Napoleon Solo and Ilya Kuryakin's boss in The Man from UNCLE.

I loved Hill Street Blues, so much that went it went off the air, I barely watched TV for a number of years.  I completely missed out on NYPD Blue because of it.  I started watching it much later on Amazon Video, got through a season-and-a-half and they took it off.

We've been watching Cheers and enjoying that.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 68 of 287 (797 Views)

Been  watching  Barney  Miller  on  FeTv  and  Sundance  for  the  last  couple  of  months.  It  was  funny  back  then  and  still  funny  now!

Message 69 of 287 (821 Views)

Hi, I JUST found TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL. I WATCHED THIS SHOW YEARS AGO.

doglover52 wrote:

@w972822m Hi ,I loved watching "Room 222" which ran on ABC from '69-'74. I'm sorry,but you are mistaken about Ivan Dixon,he wasn't in this show,it was Lloyd Haines.The other cast members were Karen Valentine,Denise Nicholas,Michael Constantine who played the school principal.The actors are still with us except for Haines,he died in '86 age 52.

I also remember watching "Longstreet', had a crush on James Franciscus.He died in '91 age 57 Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 70 of 287 (823 Views)

@w972822m Hi ,I loved watching "Room 222" which ran on ABC from '69-'74. I'm sorry,but you are mistaken about Ivan Dixon,he wasn't in this show,it was Lloyd Haines.The other cast members were Karen Valentine,Denise Nicholas,Michael Constantine who played the school principal.The actors are still with us except for Haines,he died in '86 age 52.

I also remember watching "Longstreet', had a crush on James Franciscus.He died in '91 age 57 Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides