Know Someone Over 50 Making a Difference? Nominate Them for the AARP Purpose Prize

Info Seeker

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 61 of 321

retiredtraveler wrote:

DW and I have started going through Netflix offerings and are looking to watch older series we liked. We just started West Wing, for example. I think we'll put ER into the queue. 

Do you guys like re-watching old series, or not as interesting to you second time around? 

I like "Becker" starring Ted Danson.  It's available on free over-the-air TV in St Louis.

Report Inappropriate Content
Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 321

This week's TV Guide has a salute to their choice for the best evening lineup of all time. While they saluted NBC Thursdays (1993: Mad About You, Wings, Seinfeld, Frasier, and L.A. Law and 2007: My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, The Office, Scrubs, and ER, with Friends and Will & Grace helping anchor the night), their choice was CBS Saturday - 1973: Mission Impossible was gone (and Mannix, one of my favorites, had been moved go give MI the spot) and 1972 had been close: Mission Impossible's last year, with All in The Family, The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Bob Newhart Show. The "weak" spot: Bridget Loves Bernie - lasted one year. But, with a little tinkering,  1973's lineup:

All in the Family

M*A*S*H* (which had struggled, but now would become an institution)

The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

The Bob Newhart Show

The Carol Burnett Show (see M*A*S*H: Ditto)

Classics, all.

Conversationalist

Message 63 of 321

I used to watch these shows too and then the Carol Burnett Show.  This was when good shows came on every night of the week...I miss those days!!

Conversationalist

Message 64 of 321

I used to spend my Saturday nights watching Touched by an Angel and then Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.  I can't find Touched by an Angel anywhere on tv, and Dr. Quinn comes on in the middle of the night.

Conversationalist

Message 65 of 321

Er and St. Elsewhere are my favorite shows.  I watch them when they show up.

Info Seeker

Message 66 of 321

My absoulte favorite has always been "Toched by an Angel", ever since the series and I still watch them on some DVDs I have.  I wish someone would bring the episodes back occasionally.  For me, they were uplifting, certainly can't hurt during our times right now.    gec

Social Butterfly

Message 67 of 321

@rc49566842 - in this fast and modern word..... an "F" and a "U" will do that for you. Smiley Wink

Conversationalist

Message 68 of 321

Bleeped. David Carridine in Kong **bleep**??? Did it come up as a bad word? Sorry if it did. 

Conversationalist

Message 69 of 321

George Burns & Gracie Allen. ALF, NYPD Blue, Kung **bleep**, 77 Sunset Strip (never thought I would see Kookie again)☺, and Abbott & Costello. 

Info Seeker

Message 70 of 321

I loved Hawaii 5-0. When I was vacationing there. I was at a restaurant and Jack Lord came in with his wife & entourage.  He was just as handsome in person as he was on TV. And at the table next to us was Jack Lemmon & daughter. What a star filled night.