AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 41 of 312 (1,238 Views)

@TheGent2U Hi, sorry you are mistaken regarding James Whitmore,he was never on the TV show ,'The Virginian '62-'71. You may have been thinking of Lee J. Cobb who played "Judge Garth'  '62-'66.James Drury played the lead role. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 312 (1,129 Views)

Thanks TheGent2U

I couldn't place Jame's father. It was driving me crazy. Nancy

Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 312 (1,106 Views)

I watched an episode of this last season's "NCIS" and noted the director: James Whitmore Jr. I remember his father as "The Virginian".

Message 44 of 312 (1,133 Views)
Can you get over how young Clint Eastwood looks in Rawhide? My son-in-law and I love those old westerns.
Info Seeker

Message 45 of 312 (1,152 Views)
Thank you, Thank you!

Message 46 of 312 (1,173 Views)

d678211r wrote:
I just found Touched by an Angel on tv today. It is on Universal Pictures channel. Next showing here (WA state) is on Sept. 17. If you happen to live here and have Comcast it is on channel 683. I hope you find it. Wonderful program.

I love to see helpful and thoughtfull posts on here,it is so nice to see someone do so, good for you. When I read this I thought about maby Google search or perhaps Bing on Windows might be a good source of information. If your not on the internet try the Library for help, most will let you use their computers for $1.00 and will help you if needed. Hope this helps.

Message 47 of 312 (1,124 Views)

DianeJ57 wrote:

I am always DVR'g(is that a word?) Laramie, Wells Fargo, Death Valley Days, Gunsmoke, Wagon Train, Police Story with Scott Brady who I swore to marry, Rawhide, Maverick, these are the shows, I grew up with. They remind me of my Momma

They remind me of my grandparents as well. When Maverick first came on it rotated with Cheyenne and Sugarfoot. If I remember right they were Warner Bros. productions.  I watched Paladin,Have Gun Will Travel, Wyatt Earp and The Rifleman. My grandfather and I watched every Cowboy we could find. Some of the old movie stars we saw were Bob Steel, Johnny MacBrown, Tim McCoy, Buck Jones, Lash LaRue, Gene Autry, Roy Rogers and of course John Wayne. I saw John Wayne as a singing cowboy made in 1935. Gene and Roy didn't have any reason to worry. Just so you won't get the wrong idea, I'm 29, got some land for sale in Florida too! hope you got a kick out of that.

Message 48 of 312 (1,110 Views)

George and Gracie, how about Jack Benny ,Milton Berrel,Bob Hope and Red Skelton. Earnie Kovak is another, I probably mispelled a couple of those but I bet a lot of you will figure it out. Every time I read a new post I think of another show I've forgotten. 

Info Seeker

Message 49 of 312 (1,007 Views)

I have been watching I Love Lucy. It is so nice to watch programs that have no smut in them. She was so zany and talented.  Also, the Star Trek programs started with the first ones. I also watch Golden girls. Mash when I can find it and some of the old westerns are on once in awhile. I would watch the Bonanza series again if they come on. I am trying to watch less, and end up watching more. 

Info Seeker

Message 50 of 312 (998 Views)
I just found Touched by an Angel on tv today. It is on Universal Pictures channel. Next showing here (WA state) is on Sept. 17. If you happen to live here and have Comcast it is on channel 683. I hope you find it. Wonderful program.