Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Conversationalist

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 41 of 287 (603 Views)

n566192l wrote:

Dear nyadrn, Hill STREET Blues and Nypd  Blue I saw an Cozi tv and Antana Tv. Sometimes on Decades tv too. Hope this helps . NANCY

I have Cozi & Antenna but not familiar with Decades?

Conversationalist

Message 42 of 287 (578 Views)

I have Cozi & Antenna but not familiar with Decades?

Conversationalist

Message 43 of 287 (397 Views)

I am always DVR'g(is that a word?) Laramie, Wells Fargo, Death Valley Days, Gunsmoke, Wagon Train, Police Story with Scott Brady who I swore to marry, Rawhide, Maverick, these are the shows, I grew up with. They remind me of my Momma

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 287 (407 Views)

@doglover52...

Oh, Sue, memories of Hawaii and Hawaii 5-0! Back in the early 70’s, I was in my 20’s and was with a group of friends on a Hawaiian tour. At our breakfast briefing the second day of our trip, Al Harrington came to talk to us about coming to see his show in Hilton Hawaiian Village. I was stage-struck. He played Det. Ben Kokua in the original series. Of course I had a photo taken with him. Many years later when I was there with my husband we went to see his show and I showed Al the photo! Priceless. He asked who the young guy was with me in the photo.

One day on that earlier visit we were driving on Ala Wai Boulevard when one of my friends shouted, “Look, they are filming Hawaii 5-0!!” She stuck her camera out the window and was lucky enough to snag a shot of Al Harrington again!

One night we went to a show in the International Market Place and it was the Zulu show. He played the character Kono Kalakaua, now played by gorgeous Grace Park in the new series.

Unfortunately 2 of my friends fell victim to the Waikiki kids who would sit on the wall by the beach and wait until you went into the water and steal your stuff. So we actually got to deal with the real Honolulu PD, and the nice officer who had the case told us that he was going to appear on one of the episodes that season, so back at home we watched for him. Thanks for bringing back those memories! N.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 287 (410 Views)

I'm watching Mary Tyler Moore episodes this morning. I'd forgotten how funny it was.

Message 46 of 287 (363 Views)

Hi Doglover52,

Thanks for trivia on Hawaii- five - O. My kudo button is not available. Not sure if this is a site problem or my phone. So KUDOS

. Nancy

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 287 (315 Views)

@n566192l HI,I used to watch this show too,it aired on CBS from'68-'80,filmed entirely on location in Hawaii.I was a fan of James MacArthur who played "Det Danny Williams'.He left the show in ''79,when I stopped watching .

A bit of trivia, MacArthur's mother was acclaimed actress, Helen Hayes.He died in 2010 age 73 Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides

Message 48 of 287 (295 Views)

I just found the Original Hawaii - five - O series on Decades. What a great show, one filled with quotes still used today " BOOKEN DANO."  Great music, screenery for a show shot in the late 60's. ACTORS weren't bad looking either.

Conversationalist

Message 49 of 287 (301 Views)

Loved "The Twilight Zone," too. Those shows were such morality plays about philosopy and humanity, just like the bonafide science fiction writers Ray Bradbury, Issac Asimov and Robert Heinlein. (These days I am watching old reruns on Hulu of Alfred Hitchcock--what a genius!) 

Info Seeker

Message 50 of 287 (306 Views)

Rewatching "Star Trek"Original Series. Always the best! I didn't pay too much attention when I was growing up. The original series was very cerebral conpared to "The Next Generation". I only had watched the original series with Leonard Nimoy as "Spock" and William Shatner as "Captain Kirk"; both were great! Also rewatching "The Twilight Zone" with Rod Serling. Learn alot from that show.

Sadly, we are still experiencing similiar events today. Rod Serling cared deeply for humanity; human race. I feel that his stories need to be seen/revisited again and again.