Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Social Butterfly

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 21 of 287 (863 Views)

d678211r wrote:
I just found Touched by an Angel on tv today. It is on Universal Pictures channel. Next showing here (WA state) is on Sept. 17. If you happen to live here and have Comcast it is on channel 683. I hope you find it. Wonderful program.

I love to see helpful and thoughtfull posts on here,it is so nice to see someone do so, good for you. When I read this I thought about maby Google search or perhaps Bing on Windows might be a good source of information. If your not on the internet try the Library for help, most will let you use their computers for $1.00 and will help you if needed. Hope this helps.

Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 287 (816 Views)

DianeJ57 wrote:

I am always DVR'g(is that a word?) Laramie, Wells Fargo, Death Valley Days, Gunsmoke, Wagon Train, Police Story with Scott Brady who I swore to marry, Rawhide, Maverick, these are the shows, I grew up with. They remind me of my Momma

They remind me of my grandparents as well. When Maverick first came on it rotated with Cheyenne and Sugarfoot. If I remember right they were Warner Bros. productions.  I watched Paladin,Have Gun Will Travel, Wyatt Earp and The Rifleman. My grandfather and I watched every Cowboy we could find. Some of the old movie stars we saw were Bob Steel, Johnny MacBrown, Tim McCoy, Buck Jones, Lash LaRue, Gene Autry, Roy Rogers and of course John Wayne. I saw John Wayne as a singing cowboy made in 1935. Gene and Roy didn't have any reason to worry. Just so you won't get the wrong idea, I'm 29, got some land for sale in Florida too! hope you got a kick out of that.

Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 287 (821 Views)

George and Gracie, how about Jack Benny ,Milton Berrel,Bob Hope and Red Skelton. Earnie Kovak is another, I probably mispelled a couple of those but I bet a lot of you will figure it out. Every time I read a new post I think of another show I've forgotten. 

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 287 (730 Views)

I have been watching I Love Lucy. It is so nice to watch programs that have no smut in them. She was so zany and talented.  Also, the Star Trek programs started with the first ones. I also watch Golden girls. Mash when I can find it and some of the old westerns are on once in awhile. I would watch the Bonanza series again if they come on. I am trying to watch less, and end up watching more. 

Info Seeker

Message 25 of 287 (721 Views)
I just found Touched by an Angel on tv today. It is on Universal Pictures channel. Next showing here (WA state) is on Sept. 17. If you happen to live here and have Comcast it is on channel 683. I hope you find it. Wonderful program.
Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 287 (298 Views)

Hi, hamilt14 and everyone on TV post: I have been reading everyones post and I am enjoying all. I surf the net and I have been surfing my connection with Time Warner, Netflix, Hulu,Amazon, and PBS Passport ect. Here are some things I foundI hope they will prove helpful. On Hallmark movies and Hallmark hd, Last Man Standing,The Golden Girls,Jessie Stone,Monk,Columbo,Murder She Wrote, and Diagnosis Murder are a few I found. On INSP I found Bonanza,Walker Texas Ranger, The Virgian, several cowboys. M.A,S.H. is on WGN. I also like to watch shows on the History Channel, two of my favorites are the Mountain Men and American Pickers. Over on Animal Planet I found a show that has nothing to do with animals but is fun to watch, Treehouse Masters.BBS has several good British shows and I now have ACORN TV which I like better than the other British APPS on ROKU. I am looking into TOBO to see if it will be better than my Killer internet TV bill. Once a month I still go into SHELL SHOCK when the bill shows up! I bet I am not alone. Hope this is helpful.

Info Seeker

Message 27 of 287 (313 Views)

retiredtraveler wrote:

DW and I have started going through Netflix offerings and are looking to watch older series we liked. We just started West Wing, for example. I think we'll put ER into the queue. 

Do you guys like re-watching old series, or not as interesting to you second time around? 

I like "Becker" starring Ted Danson.  It's available on free over-the-air TV in St Louis.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 28 of 287 (495 Views)

This week's TV Guide has a salute to their choice for the best evening lineup of all time. While they saluted NBC Thursdays (1993: Mad About You, Wings, Seinfeld, Frasier, and L.A. Law and 2007: My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, The Office, Scrubs, and ER, with Friends and Will & Grace helping anchor the night), their choice was CBS Saturday - 1973: Mission Impossible was gone (and Mannix, one of my favorites, had been moved go give MI the spot) and 1972 had been close: Mission Impossible's last year, with All in The Family, The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Bob Newhart Show. The "weak" spot: Bridget Loves Bernie - lasted one year. But, with a little tinkering,  1973's lineup:

All in the Family

M*A*S*H* (which had struggled, but now would become an institution)

The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

The Bob Newhart Show

The Carol Burnett Show (see M*A*S*H: Ditto)

Classics, all.

Conversationalist

Message 29 of 287 (480 Views)

I used to watch these shows too and then the Carol Burnett Show.  This was when good shows came on every night of the week...I miss those days!!

Conversationalist

Message 30 of 287 (450 Views)

I used to spend my Saturday nights watching Touched by an Angel and then Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.  I can't find Touched by an Angel anywhere on tv, and Dr. Quinn comes on in the middle of the night.