AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Info Seeker

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 271 of 312 (902 Views)

Mattlock, Columbo, Perry Mason, and  Murder She Wrote everyday, over and over. Know them by heart but still watch. Love them. Also Poirot or anything by Agatha Christie. 

Info Seeker

Message 272 of 312 (862 Views)

Mattock, Columbo, Perry Mason, and  Murder She Wrote everyday, over and over. Know them by heart but still watch. Love them. Also Poirot or anything by Agatha Christie. 

Info Seeker

Message 273 of 312 (950 Views)

It's amazing we watch LARAMIE today. Plots were predictable. Acting was straight forward. It is very dated but it had values in every episode. Jess & Slim to the rescue every episode. It's our favorite. Was a time where good counted and bad was vanquished.

Info Seeker

Message 274 of 312 (953 Views)

We enjoy the old MASH programs, they just don't get old.  I even have them on tapes that my daughter bought me.   I wish they would bring Magnum back, I really enjoyed that program, even Murder She Wrote, so many of the new programs are a million gunshots and explosions and the cops never come.  Why??

Info Seeker

Message 275 of 312 (930 Views)

In New York, if you have Cablevision, Channel 33 (METV) is showing all of the old favorites; i.e., Bonanza, The Rifleman, The Donna Reed Show, Leave It To Beaver, Carol Burnette and Friends, etc.  You get the idea.  It is so nice to have quality television shows instead of the violent garbage and reality shows that they put on tv.

Silver Conversationalist

Message 276 of 312 (967 Views)
Star Trek?
Silver Conversationalist

Message 277 of 312 (974 Views)

Since we don't have cable,satellite or internet streaming,we end up watching a lot of older programming.Over the last few years,several new networks,that specialize in old series,run all kinds of old series.Some of the best would be Gunsmoke,Hawaii 5 O,all 5 Star Trek series,Big Valley,Law & Order,Columbo,Mannix,Streets of San Francisco,etc.I think many older series had better stories and acting than some of today's programming.A good example would be Hawaii 5 o.I still remember the great acting and stories of years ago.The new 5 o is just a lot of action,with mediocre acting and stories.Older programs didn't complicate with 3 stories going at the same time.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 278 of 312 (973 Views)

I'm a big fan of Maverick, The Dick Van Dyke Show (original one) and The Andy Griffith Show.  They have well survived the ravages of time.  Too many of my old favorites are hopelessly dated now and simply don't have the impact they once did.  

One genre that ages incredibly well is the Musical Variety Shows.  Old Danny Kaye, Perry Como, Andy Williams, Jackie Gleason shows are all great still!

Info Seeker

Message 279 of 312 (967 Views)

I miss shows like Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The old Disney show with a variety from week to week, Ed Sullivan and The Red Skelton Show! Real entertainment!!!

Super Social Butterfly

Message 280 of 312 (1,008 Views)

I watch reruns of NYPD Blue and Hill Street Blues on channel 1239.