Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 271 of 287 (600 Views)

rm55194203 wrote:

I've gone way, way back, when watching old TV series.    I'm a big "Have Gun Will Travel" fan.    The storylines were often surprisingly good.       Here's a test for you:    Name the first television series that featured a vessel named  "The  Enterprise" in every episode.   

Was it Riverboat? 

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 272 of 287 (570 Views)

rm55194203 wrote:

I've gone way, way back, when watching old TV series.    I'm a big "Have Gun Will Travel" fan.    The storylines were often surprisingly good.       Here's a test for you:    Name the first television series that featured a vessel named  "The  Enterprise" in every episode.   

Oh boy. Loved that show!

now you know I am going to guess Star Trek. : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 273 of 287 (555 Views)

amcoffiebean wrote:

Since we were never huge TV series fans in the past (movie fanatics instead), watching many "old" series on Netflix has been great and all have been "new" to us!! Grey's Anatomy, Bones, and the original CSI, Law and Order, Criminal Minds and.........wait............ oh my gosh I would have never believed I'd get hooked and wait eagerly for the next Netflix old series season of The Walking Dead.  I can't remember what made me even watch TWD one evening because zombies are not of any interest to me. Even as a Saturday afternoon scary movie kid in the 50's, never liked the zombie black and white movies. Who knew?

Walking Dead : ).  I have never watched it but maybe I should give it a try!   

There are do many old. How's I watched, another of my fsvd was The Avengers with Diana Rigg.  Loved that show!  Netflix is great. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Conversationalist

Message 274 of 287 (543 Views)

Gold Conversationalist

Message 275 of 287 (544 Views)

Since we were never huge TV series fans in the past (movie fanatics instead), watching many "old" series on Netflix has been great and all have been "new" to us!! Grey's Anatomy, Bones, and the original CSI, Law and Order, Criminal Minds and.........wait............ oh my gosh I would have never believed I'd get hooked and wait eagerly for the next Netflix old series season of The Walking Dead.  I can't remember what made me even watch TWD one evening because zombies are not of any interest to me. Even as a Saturday afternoon scary movie kid in the 50's, never liked the zombie black and white movies. Who knew?

amcoffiebean
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 276 of 287 (806 Views)

@doglover52  I don't have a cable system. Just use an antenna on which I get 26  stations, and have Netflix.  I don't watch a lot of TV and so I already have more stations and programs than I truly need. 

Today, in Mpls. there will be a Golden Girls Bar Crawl.  I don't go into town, and can't imagine myself at a bar crawl, but I'm sure those going will have a good time.  It starts at 10:30 AM and goes until 4:30 PM, so they obviously are being considerate of the age group. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 277 of 287 (770 Views)

@JoyaDe Hi,I don't know if you have TV Land on your cable system,they show repeats of"The Golden Girls" Sat nights 7-8pm,Sun from 7am-5pm Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 278 of 287 (813 Views)

If I could find Golden Girls, that would be big on my list. Since it's not on antenna TV around my place, I watch Perry Mason, and old Johnny Carson Tonight show reruns. I'd like to find some of the old Mission Impossible shows too.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 279 of 287 (889 Views)

"...Classic MacGyver had better storylines, and involved a lot more creativity in problem solving, even when he used the latest technology of the time. In one episode, MacGyver builds his own robot. It's hard to beat a classic.....".
That's my impression of a number of series. Older series relied on the story and characters more than special effects. That's a prime reason DW and I switched to almost all Brit TV shows. 

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”

Message 280 of 287 (891 Views)

@MaVolta, Loved the old MacGyver; love the new one, too. The characters are so cool in the new one. I love the fact that the new one has a girl "geek" character, Riley, who is so darn cute and smart at the same time.

The old MacGyver was such a unique series at the time and widely recognized. Remember the SNL spoof, MacGruber? Cat LOL N