Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: It's been a great week in South Carolina

Message 1 of 5 (664 Views)

@Soosie   Another great post - love it!  Yes, I remember those days and the "magic" of Joe Namath.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5 (673 Views)

Since I was at Clemson in the 60's and early 70's, I remember players that many of the people I work with have never heard of.  I had the good fortune to know Charlie Waters who went on to play for the Dallas Cowboys.  He is retired now, so many of the people I now work with have not heard of Coach Howard, Charlie or even Joe Namath.  Coach Howard had ties to Broadway Joe.  I bring this name up for a fun story.  I had gone to the dentist and had some pain after the work.  I called back to the office to see if anything urgent was happening.  One of the girls told me, "You are not going to believe this!"  Breathless, she said Joe Namath had called.  Broadway Joe, your are kidding, I replied.  She said Coach let a few of them talk to Joe,  "OMG, "I said. " What did he say to you?"  She said he told her she sounded nice.  Is that all, I asked her.  She said it was enough for her, she was not going to wash that ear for two weeks.  Yep, he had some magic,

Soosie

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 5 (693 Views)

Did you Clemson Tigers  Cat Very Happy  feel us Auburn Tigers  Cat Very Happy  rooting for you - We were REAL LOUD and REAL HARD -

Great, Great, Great Game and Team !  Cats Very Happy !  Cat Very Happy  Cat Very Happy

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 5 (742 Views)

@Soosie   Good post, Soosie - I loved reading what you shared. Smiley Very Happy

And congrats to you, & other Clemson fans, on the Clemson Championship win!  For those of us who follow college football, it's a VERY big deal!! 

Respected Social Butterfly

It's been a great week in South Carolina

Message 5 of 5 (756 Views)

I live in South Carolina and we have been celebrating the Clemson win of the National Title.

I am especially proud of them because we have a great coach and some fine players both on and off the field.

My love of Clemson goes back to the days when I was a young pup.  Just out of school and looking for a job, the HR Director asked me if I blushed easily.  I do, but I lied.  I was given a job working for Coach Frank Howard in the Athletic Department.  I could not believe my good fortune.  I lied and went on down and looked at half naked hunks and got paid for it.

My other bonus was  Coach Howard sensed a need for a young girl who has lost her father as a child.  He was like my adopted father.  Years later I would write to him to tell him thanks and that he was not only a great football coach, he was a great life skills coach as well.  I have so many wonderful, fun stories about him.  He played the county bumpkin, but in reality he was a brilliant man.  He went to the University of Alabama on an academic scholarship.  Coach Danny Ford and Coach Dabo Sweeny remind me of him.  They are winners and great citizens.  We have pride in many things in South Carolina.  Sports is one of them. 

Having had the good fortune to work for the Tigers has not hurt me in my career.  In fact, I think it opened some doors for me.

Soosie

Announcements
Rush Aid To Hurricane Irma victims and Your Gift Will Be Matched, Up To a Total of a $750,000. Donate.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count