Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Re: Formula One Auto Racing

Message 1 of 8 (1,727 Views)

Alonso is the best, he is always a gentleman (driving and off the track) and look what he has done with the Honda team.  They would have had nothing without him

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 8 (1,837 Views)
Well said. I never considered the "dirty air" angle,
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 8 (1,868 Views)

Merc wins because of a better chassis and a little more HP. Next year should be very interesting as

there will be an all new formula. We should start to see some changes at the pointy end of the field.

They are all great drivers, seperated by only split seconds during qualy. The real problem starts during the race when you run into dirty air caused by downforce wings and other areo junk. Very hard to pass when you have to fight understear.

I know what it takes to drive a race car. Back in the early 70s I was at Jim Russel driving school

learning how to drive formula Fords. I later went on to formula V till I ran out of money Smiley Happy.

I still hate the V6s, they sound like leaf blowers. Please bring back the V10 !! I would even settle

for the V8s!!

Well, that's enough out of me for now.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 8 (1,900 Views)

Ferrari and Sebastian Vettle are my favorites. But what I don"t understand is why is the winner(90% of the time) Mercedes. I mean what is it that is legal that allows them to completely dominate F1. I know Ferrari and Michael Shoemacker(spelling?) did the same with Ferrari but you'd think as advanced as all the tech, money and the companies behind the teams are, they'ed figure out how Merecedes, legally makes their cars faster.

It almost borders on boring with either Lewis Hamilton or Nico Rosberg, the two Mercedes drivers, winning the race. 

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 8 (1,952 Views)

Left out Brazil. I follow the sport rooting for Lewis Hamilton. Was a JPM fan before he left for NASCAR, now IndyCar. 

Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 8 (2,330 Views)

I agree.  I followed the rules with proper title relating to newTopics. Point in fact, it was not I who decided where to place my post within Forums/Discussions.

Thanks!

Charlee6

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 8 (2,379 Views)

This should probably be in the "Entertainment & Leisure" category, rather than "Politics & Current Events".

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Social Butterfly

Formula One Auto Racing

Message 8 of 8 (2,413 Views)

Hi Everyone!

Hope someone here is interested, and/or follows F1.  Next is in Austin at COTA.

It is  not great to have a permanent track here, right?  

We have all been keeping score this season as always  Only three to go, or is it four.  At present, only US, Mexico and Abu Dabi come to mind.

Hey!  Who is your favourite driver/team?   If anyone names their favourite(s), will respond in kind; probably will, regardless.

Oops!   Time for those BBT reruns been taping.  See 'ya'. 

Charlee6

(If anyone has already started an F1 subject, apologies, and may I join in, please?)