AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: 2017 The Masters,Golf Tournament begins Thurs April 6th

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 2 (694 Views)

This yr's Masters Tournamant certainly was emotional from beginning to the end.Thurs  to see the green jacket draped across the chair in memory of the late,great Arnold Palmer who died last Sept. In  the minute of silence seeing his friends,Jack Nicklaus&GaryPLayer wiping away tears

Yesterday's exciting finish with Sergio Garcia after 18 long yrs to finally win his 1st Major tournament beating his friend,Justin Rose on the 1st playoff hole,good for him. How fitting his win comes on the birthday of another great Spanish player,late Seve Ballesteros who would of been 60.

I've always like Sergio,a very talented player,knew some day he would win a major tournament.The one thing I don't like about the sports press,constantly asking players  the stupid question 'when are you going to win a major'. Sergio won't be asked that any more Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Valued Social Butterfly

2017 The Masters,Golf Tournament begins Thurs April 6th

Message 2 of 2 (714 Views)

The 1st Major Golf Tournament of 2017,"The Masters" starts tomorrow from Augusta,Georgia.Defending champion is Danny Willett.

I'll be rooting as usual for "Lefty" aka Phil Mickelson to win his 4th Green Jacket. He hasn't won a major since 2013 British Open.I would love to see Phil have a similar situation in what happened to my favorite tennis player,Roger Federer at the Australian Open in Jan.Roger won his amazing 18th Grand Slam title as the oldest player on tour,age 35.His last Grand Slam win was '12 at Wimbeldon. Phil is now 47,anything is possible if the 'golf gods' make it so.

TV coverage: Thurs-Fri 3-7:30pm on ESPN,Sat&Sun 3-7pm on CBS, also on The Golf Channel Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides