AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: 2016 World Series Cleveland Indians vs Chicago Cubs

Message 1 of 8 (1,538 Views)

The crowds were pouring into downtown Cleveland as the commuters were leaving this evening.  It is a beautiful evening for a ball game.  Go Tribe!!

Charlie Sheen to Attend World Series Game 7; Can 'Wild Thing' Rally the Indians to Victory?
Courtesy of two benefactors, Charlie Sheen will be flying into Cleveland and attending tonight's Game 7 of the World Series.

CLEVELAND, OH — Charlie Sheen announced Wednesday morning that help was on the way for the Cleveland Indians in Game 7 of the World Series against the Chicago Cubs Wednesday night at Progressive Field.

Sheen tweeted, "FEAR NOT, "BELIEVE"LAND!! My bag is packed, and help is on the way!! ©99 #GetMeVaughn"

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 8 (1,556 Views)

Last night ,Game#6 was a 'must win' for the Cubs. I watched a little bit,when I went to bed,they were leading 7-2,learned they won 9-3. So tonight,it comes down to final Game# 7,should be an exciting game to watch. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 8 (1,638 Views)

I'm  rooting  for  the  Indians  to  win  the  Series.  I  hated  it  when  the  Braves  beat  them  in  '95  and  I  never  was  much  of  a  Cubs  fan  to  begin  with.

Message 4 of 8 (1,669 Views)

Tonight in Cleveland  ....

The first game of the World Series   

The Cavaliers accept their Championship rings and play their first game of the season!!

The city is packed with people...  the traffic is bad but the mood is great!!

Go Tribe!!

Message 5 of 8 (1,671 Views)

The last time the Cleveland Indians won the World Series, Dewey led Truman in the polls. The Chicago Cubs' last title was 13 days after the first Ford Model T car was completed.

Lovable losers known for decades of defeat meet in this year's championship, a combined 174 seasons of futility facing off starting Tuesday night at Progressive Field.

Cleveland's last title was in 1948, when 16 teams from the East Coast to St. Louis competed in a just-integrated sport. The Cubs are trying to win for the first time since 1908 , a dead ball-era matchup at a time home runs were rarities along with telephones.

No player is alive from the last championship Cubs or even the last to make a Series appearance -- Tuesday marks the 25,948th day since the Cubs' Game 7 loss to Detroit in 1945. One player remains from the 1948 Indians, 95-year-old Eddie Robinson.

"It seems like it's just forever," Robinson said Monday from his home in Fort Worth, Texas. "When we got home from Boston, there was a monumental parade. It just looked like everybody in Cleveland came out on Euclid Avenue."

One team's fans will let loose with the celebration of a lifetime. But while history weighs on the supporters, Cubs manager Joe Maddon focuses his players with a now-centered battle cry of "Win the Inning!"

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/baseball/indians/cleveland-indians-chicago-cubs-meet-in-cleveland-for...

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 8 (1,680 Views)

I was born and lived in Cleveland for 35 years so GO TRIBE !

But in my teen years I was a Cub fan !

Just glad to of my favorite teams are in the series 

Message 7 of 8 (1,703 Views)

doglover52 wrote:

The 2016 World Series  Cleveland Indians vs Chicago Cubs stars Tues ,10/25 at 8pm on Fox.

I usually don't watch much baseball,but I'll probably watch a couple games. I'm happy the Cubs finally made it,will be rooting for them to win in 6 games. Sue

Good luck to your team Sue..  I am a Clevelander and it's been a long time for us too!  Go Tribe!

Valued Social Butterfly

2016 World Series Cleveland Indians vs Chicago Cubs

Message 8 of 8 (1,720 Views)

The 2016 World Series  Cleveland Indians vs Chicago Cubs stars Tues ,10/25 at 8pm on Fox.

I usually don't watch much baseball,but I'll probably watch a couple games. I'm happy the Cubs finally made it,will be rooting for them to win in 6 games. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides