Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Regular Social Butterfly

Re: 0-16 Parade: Browns Fans Protest During Saturday Event

Message 1 of 4

nyadrn wrote:

WebWiseWoman wrote:

Bless the Browns fans (die-hard Bears fan here)...

But you gotta admit, the most humiliating season is really the Broncos. They seriously dropped out; was there for back-to-back and this is truly ugly for Denver.

just saying... if you never had it, that's bad, but if you had it then didn't, wow...

#VegasStrong

Good point but this is a long time issue in Cleveland.  Fans want a new owner!

But they've been there done that and where did that get them... (rip Art).

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 4

WebWiseWoman wrote:

But you gotta admit, the most humiliating season is really the Broncos. They seriously dropped out; was there for back-to-back and this is truly ugly for Denver.

just saying... if you never had it, that's bad, but if you had it then didn't, wow...

#VegasStrong

Good point but this is a long time issue in Cleveland.  Fans want a new owner!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Treasured Social Butterfly

0-16 Parade: Browns Fans Protest During Saturday Event

Message 4 of 4

And while some fans are gearing up for the Superbowl game, in another part of the country.........

0-16 Parade: Browns Fans Protest During Saturday Event  Fans wanted to show management they were fed up with losing. So...they threw a parade. 

By Associated Press, News Partner | Jan 6, 2018 4:29 pm ET

0-16 Parade: Browns Fans Protest During Saturday Event

CLEVELAND, OH — Chanting through chattering teeth, Browns fans finally felt victorious.

Maybe the winless season wasn't a total loss.

Thousands of disgruntled Cleveland fans, some of them calling for owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam to sell the franchise or jump in Lake Erie, paraded once around the team's stadium in frigid conditions Saturday following a historic 0-16 season.

It was a protest and it was a party as fans showed their outrage and creativity following a season many would gladly forget.

Despite wind chills below zero, fans lined the street around FirstEnergy Stadium, which has been dubbed the "Factory of Sadness" in recent years, to cheer as 80 vehicles, a rock band on a flatbed truck and a group carrying 28 tombstones to represent the team's 28 starting quarterbacks since 1999, took a "no victory" lap.

https://patch.com/ohio/lakewood-oh/s/gbuj1/0-16-parade-browns-fans-protest-during-saturday-event?utm...

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith