ACA Open Enrollment Ends Today. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Info Seeker

Re: looking for BUDGET travel buddy

Message 11 of 23

I too live in the Chicagoland area, bikina49.  Would you be interested in a Michigan road trip?  I'm thinking the Henry Ford Museum, fall foliage, roadside farm.  I'd be happy to do the driving.

In Response to Re: looking for BUDGET travel buddy:

Hi Anne and other Budget travelers.   I, too, am looking for a travel buddy.   I'm a recently retired Chicago Public School teacher.   I've been to Barcelona, Granada and Canary Islands on a cruise.   I've been to Paris, France on a whirlwind 4 day tour...not enough time to really enjoy it.   Visited Russia on the Waterways of the Czars rivercruise, lots of fun.  These travels ocurred in last 3 years.   Looking forward to lots more travels while I have the chance.    Bags are packed and everywhere and anywhere is on my bucket list.   Ready to rumble...let me know where and when budget travel buddies.....the more the merrier...Smiley Winkyes

Posted by bikina49

Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 12 of 23

Are you interested in traveling to Slovenia in the future?

In Response to looking for BUDGET travel buddy:

I have been to Russia 6 times.  Would love to go by train to either Lake Baikal or Volgograd (Stalingrad) as well as Moscow again.  Alaska cruise was fun.  Also any Spanish speaking countries.  I am trying to brush up on my Spanish and elementary Russian.  Seek intelligent travel companion but not looking for sex, just nice and interesting travel companion.  Probably better to be with a lady.  I am 65 (just!) female, living near Reno.  Hope to be in good shape by the Summer travel season.  I really mean budget travel!  I am Anne.

Posted by lawkoza

Conversationalist

Message 13 of 23

Just joined the single traveler group and wanted to post I am looking for a budget travel buddy that is interested in hiking various parts of the world.  I hiked the Inca Trail in 2005, Canadian Ice Fields in 2009, Mount Fuji in 1999 and Patagonia in Chile in 2007.  Currently, I am living in the Mojave Desert of California and will be looking at hiking in Spain.  If you are interested, or have done other hiking trips, I would love to get in touch.  

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 23

looking for travel buddy to go this summer to mexico inclusive resort

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 23

Hi Anne and other Budget travelers.   I, too, am looking for a travel buddy.   I'm a recently retired Chicago Public School teacher.   I've been to Barcelona, Granada and Canary Islands on a cruise.   I've been to Paris, France on a whirlwind 4 day tour...not enough time to really enjoy it.   Visited Russia on the Waterways of the Czars rivercruise, lots of fun.  These travels ocurred in last 3 years.   Looking forward to lots more travels while I have the chance.    Bags are packed and everywhere and anywhere is on my bucket list.   Ready to rumble...let me know where and when budget travel buddies.....the more the merrier...Smiley Winkyes

sus
Gold Conversationalist

Message 16 of 23

I am definitely a budget traveler. My desire is to go to Italy in September or October. I definitely want to see Rome and Florence,; any other cities would be a bonus.

I'm 72 but very healthy and capable of walking quite a bit. I do not smoke but enjoy a glass of wine or 2.

I'd considered a Travelling Professor tour but unless I can get a great airfare, I think it's too expensive at about $1899 double occupancy. I'd need to pay the single supplement unless I can find a travel buddy.

I saw another trip including air for only a little bit more with 2 days each in Rome, Florence &  Venice and included train travel between the cities but not excursions.

Air fares are about $1200 for next fall from Jacksonville, FL.

I do not speak Italian.

I'd like to hear from anyone interested in a similar trip or anyone with tips on such a trip.

Silver Conversationalist

Re: RE: looking for BUDGET travel buddy

Message 17 of 23

Space A is so difficult to get from what I hear.  I've never tried it though. Have you?  Especially for retirees, they are at the bottom of the barrel, so to speak.

In Response to RE: looking for BUDGET travel buddy:

Hi Anne;  i just posted on the single travelers post here at AARP yesterday, and explained my trip to Germany and Spain in April/May 2013. And since you indicated that you would like to visit Spanish language contries, thought I would ask you to read it, and see if you would be interested in joining me.The biggest problem is that I will travel military space available to and from Europe, so we would probably have to meet in Frankfurt Germany. But, I really can't afford to pay round trip air to Europe, when I get it free. Read my post, and see if you could consider it. Thanks Anne

My post is under the name "moerschen"

Posted by moerschen

Info Seeker

Looking for summer travel buddy

Message 18 of 23

I am a retired teacher who enjoys exploring new places.  I would like to travel sometime over the summer, and I'm open to various destinations.  Going to a Spanish-speaking country would be great as I could practice my Spanish, though this is not an absolute necessity. Budge travel is always of interest to me, though various modes of travel are of interest as well. I am fit and adventurous, and hope there are other women out there who also might be looking for a travel buddy. 

Info Seeker

RE: looking for BUDGET travel buddy

Message 19 of 23

Hi Anne,

I am a budget traveler also.  I am interested in going to Spain and/or France in June. I have been to both, but not for quite a while. I am a student of Spanish and so would like to practice while traveling. I have traveled a lot by myself, but would enjoy traveling with a buddy this time.

Info Seeker

RE: looking for BUDGET travel buddy

Message 20 of 23

Hi Anne;  i just posted on the single travelers post here at AARP yesterday, and explained my trip to Germany and Spain in April/May 2013. And since you indicated that you would like to visit Spanish language contries, thought I would ask you to read it, and see if you would be interested in joining me.The biggest problem is that I will travel military space available to and from Europe, so we would probably have to meet in Frankfurt Germany. But, I really can't afford to pay round trip air to Europe, when I get it free. Read my post, and see if you could consider it. Thanks Anne

My post is under the name "moerschen"