Make Your Weekend a Day or Two Longer With Cheap Trip Ideas at AARP Travel’s Take A Day.

Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Re: looking for BUDGET travel buddy

Message 1 of 23 (2,663 Views)

I am looking for someone to travel with too.  I am advertising a trip to Poland probably next year, early september when its still warm but kids at school.  I would like to purchase Euro train tickets so you can travel with train what do you think?

I love to cruise too.  I am married but my husband dont like to go anywhere except tennis court etc...

I will be 68 soon and still in good health and love to walk.  Maybe no more running but definitely walking.  I go to Florida beaches every year and walk along the beach instead seating.

I live in Rochester, NY close to Canada border and you?

Hope to hear from you.

Perla

Gold Conversationalist

Message 2 of 23 (4,748 Views)

In Response to Re: looking for BUDGET travel buddy:

Have any of you been on a Trafalgar tour or EuropeanDestinations?

Have you ever been matched to a roommate by a tour group?

I am looking for an inexpensive trip to Italy and hope to spend time in Rome, Florence and, perhaps, Venice.

I think I'd like to go next September.

Posted by sus

Hi Sus:

I have traveled with Trafalgar on three domestic tours and love them.  I went to Ireland with Insight Tours and they were very good but I prefer Trafalgar.   I have never done a room share but other people have and seem to have a good result.   A good budget option tour company is Cosmos.  I remember you took an independent trip and rented an apartment.  Was that to France?  When I travel to Italy (it will be my last European trip) I am considering renting an apartment as my base.  What source did you use for finding a short term rental?  Happy travels

Frannie

Posted by FrannieD

Thanks, Frannie for you input on Trafagar.

I rented a studio through  http://www.parissweethome.com/.   I will want to travel to several cities in Italy so don't think I'd want to rent an appartment. A friend know of a  a place I could rent in Tuscany.

Buon viaggio.

Susann

Posted by sus

Susann:

My first solo trip was very spontaneous and I booked it with Cosmos.  I had never traveled alone or on an organized tour.  I didn't know that Cosmos was the budget offering of Globus.  They really give you a lot of bang for your buck..  You can even opt for a room share and their single supplement is lower than most tour operators.  All hotels were well located and the tour director and driver were great.  The biggest difference were the accommodations.  They rated them first class but I wouldn't consider them in that category.  They were clean but in need of refurbishing and some repairs.  The trip I took started in Atlanta circled around to Charleston, Savannah and ending in Atlanta.  I had a fabulous time with very friendly and inclusive singles and couples.  I'm still in contact with a few of my fellow travelers.  If you are looking for a budget tour company I would certainly check what they are offering.   I thought you might want more information on this company.  If you decide to go with Trafalgar, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.  Good Luck and thanks for your info.

Frannie

sus
Gold Conversationalist

Message 3 of 23 (4,748 Views)

I am looking for an inexpensive trip to Italy and hope to spend time in Rome, Florence and, perhaps, Venice.

Posted by sus

Hi Sus:

I have traveled with Trafalgar on three domestic tours and love them.  I went to Ireland with Insight Tours and they were very good but I prefer Trafalgar.   I have never done a room share but other people have and seem to have a good result.   A good budget option tour company is Cosmos.  I remember you took an independent trip and rented an apartment.  Was that to France?  When I travel to Italy (it will be my last European trip) I am considering renting an apartment as my base.  What source did you use for finding a short term rental?  Happy travels

Frannie

Posted by FrannieD

Thanks, Frannie for you input on Trafagar.

I rented a studio through  http://www.parissweethome.com/.   I will want to travel to several cities in Italy so don't think I'd want to rent an appartment. A friend know of a  a place I could rent in Tuscany.

Buon viaggio.

Susann

Gold Conversationalist

Message 4 of 23 (5,188 Views)

Posted by sus

Hi Sus:

Frannie

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 23 (5,188 Views)

Sorry Yowza222 I had not visited this site since I posted my memo therefore I missed your note til today.  We are in the middle of winter snow storms.  Looking forward to better weather for traveling.  Thanks for  writing.   I'll check my emails here more frequently.  Have a good evening.  

In response to Re: looking for BUDGET travel buddy:

I too live in the Chicagoland area, bikina49.  Would you be interested in a Michigan road trip?  I'm thinking the Henry Ford Museum, fall foliage, roadside farm.  I'd be happy to do the driving.

Hi Anne and other Budget travelers.   I, too, am looking for a travel buddy.   I'm a recently retired Chicago Public School teacher.   I've been to Barcelona, Granada and Canary Islands on a cruise.   I've been to Paris, France on a whirlwind 4 day tour...not enough time to really enjoy it.   Visited Russia on the Waterways of the Czars rivercruise, lots of fun.  These travels ocurred in last 3 years.   Looking forward to lots more travels while I have the chance.    Bags are packed and everywhere and anywhere is on my bucket list.   Ready to rumble...let me know where and when budget travel buddies.....the more the merrier...Smiley Winkyes

Posted by bikina49

Posted by Yowza222

sus
Gold Conversationalist

Message 6 of 23 (5,188 Views)

Conversationalist

Message 7 of 23 (5,188 Views)

I would love to do a walking trip in England.  I discovered there are companies that will book the nightly lodging and map the walking trails for you.  You are on your own to see the countryside.  Anyone interested in such a trip?

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 23 (5,188 Views)

In Response to looking for BUDGET travel buddy:

Hi, Anne,

Any interest in going to India and Nepal?  I'm planning on going in early spring.  This really is a budget destination and I'm a budget traveler.  I'm 65, a freelance writer and I live in Asheville NC.  I've spent the better part of the last 2 years in Southeast Asia and love it.  Let me know your thoughts.  Glenda

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 23 (5,188 Views)

Hi I will be traveling to Australia next May 4, 2013.  My trip will be to Ayers Rock and Alice Springs during a ten day trip.  It would be nice to have a traveling buddy for cheaper expenses.

Info Seeker

Re: looking for a St. Petersburg travel buddy

Message 10 of 23 (5,188 Views)

Love to travel!  I am hoping to find someone who would like to got to St. Petersburg, Russia!   It is at the top of the list right now, and I would like to plan a trip for 2014 as an  independent trip plan or possibly with Rick Steve's tour group.  Would consider a river cruise, although I am not wild about cruises.....South Africa and Australia are also on the list........

I live in Northern California, and am an amiable, considerate roomie.  Drop me an email if St. Petersburg and the Hermitage interest you!