Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Info Seeker

Re: Widowed Female Loves To Travel

Message 1 of 19 (1,027 Views)

I am interested in Africa also. I am going to Antarctica in January, taking the Holland American 22-day cruise that leaves from Chile and ends in Buenos Aires. I believe a friend will accompany me but one never knows. 

I leave for Germany, the Balkans and London in a few weeks. In the Balkans I am on a 13-day tour, if you are interested as you seem to enjoy foreign travel as I do. 

You can can email me directly at kjkelly130@ail.com. 

Kathleen

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 19 (1,033 Views)
Hi,

I am on the same boat, my hubby is not able to travel as much as I do due to his business. I usually travel during the months of late March, early April, June, and August. I am interested in doing a guided tour of South Africa with Victoria Falls and Antartica. I also have not been to Cambodia to see the Angkor Wat. Let me know if these places are of interest to you.
Conversationalist

Re: Widowed Female Loves To Travel/Traveling Buddies

Message 3 of 19 (1,063 Views)

Hi:  I'm Carole. I live in Manchester, CT.  I'm 59, a retired social worker, federal grants administrator & Maritime Law interpreter.  

I'd like to travel to Branson, Mo.

The national parks of the Golden West with ymtvacations.com.  

I go to Canada quite often, Vermont, NH, Cape Cod, Myrtle Beach, Cape May...  

Travel is so much better when shared with a compatible person.

Could you share a bit of information about you?  Where do you live, age?  Places you'd like to visit?

Conversationalist

Message 4 of 19 (1,066 Views)

Hi Carolyn!  My name is Carole.  I'm looking for someone to travel with as well.  I enjoy day trips, weekend getaways & am currently looking for someone to get to know to enable the two of us to take advantage of the discount deals traveling to The National Parks of the Golden West.  It's a bus tour through ymtvacations.com.  I've heard great things about them.  Their tour listings are available on-line.  I also get great rates as I've cruised the Carribean quite a bit.  

I'm 59, widowed, a retired social worker,federal grants administrator & Maritime Law interpreter. I'd like to know more about you as well.

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 19 (1,177 Views)

Hi!!

im carolyn ferran.

where do u live? Can u tell me about you?

thank u!

i also would be happy to answer any questions.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 19 (1,197 Views)
I too am looking to find someone (women) friend (s) to travel with as well i have an RV bit can't drive it so if that not an option want to do it traditional ways I want to see the US as well as rest of the world
Info Seeker

Message 7 of 19 (1,212 Views)

Anyone looking at Iceland in 2018?  Thinking about starting somewhere in British Isles and circumnavigating Iceland.  Female willing to share a van and expenses.  After a 9,300-mile drive alone to Eastern Canada (from Missouri) this summer, I think I'll be ready for a companion next year.

Two other things:  Does anyone know anyone in Ottawa, Canada--just somewhere to throw my sleeping bag June 30 and July 1.  It's the sesquicentennial Canada Day and EVERYTHING has been sold old for 8 weeks.  Right now, I'm camping in the car in a parking lot.

If you're anywhere close to the greatamericaneclipse.com on Aug. 21, be there.  This one happens every 330 years because it only touches the United States, not Canada or Mexico.  It comes in just north of Portland, OR and goes out just south of Columbia, SC.  But don't come to Missouri.  We are even more booked than Ottawa, and officials are expecting a total gridlock on Interstate 70 for 36 hours or more.  See website above to check the route.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 19 (1,235 Views)

2018 possibly Japan and SE Asia

Conversationalist

Message 9 of 19 (1,239 Views)

where do u want to go?

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 10 of 19 (1,281 Views)

I replied to several folks on this thread and heard back from one. My travel plans for this year are pretty well set other than a fast cruise to Cuba (any one interested?). I replied to the thread basically for future travel. I may be going to Japan in 2018 followed by Viet Nam and Laos but NOTHING is set yet.

Announcements
Rush Aid To Hurricane Irma victims and Your Gift Will Be Matched, Up To a Total of a $750,000. Donate.
Top Kudoed Authors