Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: TRAVEL PARTNER ......(Female)

Message 1 of 25 (1,383 Views)

retiredtraveler wrote:

TravelledOne wrote:

"....It is tough enough going on a trip with someone of your own sex. I had someone join me this past summer and I won't be doing that again.....".

Yeah. It's the subject of sitcom episodes. It's so difficult to find someone who wants to do what you want to do, or stay as long, or walk as far, or get up as early, or participate in night life, eat at the same restaurant, etc.  Even two people who are willing to compromise end up doing a trip that's only half of what they expected. 

Ah yes, but hope springs eternal and there's always that optimistic individual who is willing to try again!

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 25 (1,388 Views)

TravelledOne wrote:

"....It is tough enough going on a trip with someone of your own sex. I had someone join me this past summer and I won't be doing that again.....".

Yeah. It's the subject of sitcom episodes. It's so difficult to find someone who wants to do what you want to do, or stay as long, or walk as far, or get up as early, or participate in night life, eat at the same restaurant, etc.  Even two people who are willing to compromise end up doing a trip that's only half of what they expected. 

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 25 (1,397 Views)

It is tough enough going on a trip with someone of your own sex. I had someone join me this past summer and I won't be doing that again.

You really need to go with someone that you really know well or with your life long partner.

Alex

Message 4 of 25 (2,166 Views)

Where are all the Adventurous GAL'S ?

AL
In San Diego

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 25 (2,438 Views)

A. I'm not married and presently live alone in a home here in San Diego that's to big or me but not ready to give it up and had hoped to meet someone to share it with.
B. I'm in good health and have not suffered any Big issuesues so far.
C. I'm open for most travel and I have been to a number of countries and many parts of the US but still great
places to see.
D. I like to talk to the Lady I'm thinking of traveling with and of course meet before I commit to any trips.
E. I also drive and recently up dated my car to a 17
So having said that, my question to you is, if you're are in good health and only 60 but your not inclined to hiking, boating, skiing, bike riding, swimming? Skiing is the only things I may decline to do. As I said in my offer also looking for a partner. If you did read all of the comments made, I can be vouched for.

AL
In San Diego
Info Seeker

Message 6 of 25 (2,440 Views)

Hi! I live in Chicago area and love to travel. I am 60 yr old widow of 16 mos. I am retired and live on Social Security so I don't have too much money to spend  but would not be adverse to splitting costs 50 - 50. Where are you looking to go? I have been to most of the United States except California which ironically is where you live. The only other country I have been to is Canada. If you want to travel outside of the U.S., I would need to know ahead of time so I can get a passport. I have never been to parts of the Southwest except Las Vegas. If you are married, forget it. Do you speak a foreign language? I do not. I would love to go to Europe but would have to be a good deal financially. Would you be more interested in travelling by car or plane? I am in good health but am older now so would not be able to do too much physically like hiking, boating, skiing, bike riding, swimming unless it was in moderation. America is a beautiful country and travelling is definately on my bucket list. I have a car and can drive. Email me back if interested.

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 25 (3,075 Views)

Hi All

I’m looking to take another trip and looking for a Woman that is open minded and ready to step out of the box for adventure, exploring an new places, meeting new people and yes sharing the expense of doing the trip we both would like to take.  I’m sure your first thought is to say “He’s he nuts?”  “I don’t even know him, “I’d never do that or “I’m not sleeping with him and he can forget sex”.  I’m sure that’s what many of you are thinking as you read this. I assure you, I’ve not lost my marbles nor is sex my motive but sharing cost is. This does mean doing allot more travel can be had with the plus of being with another likeminded travel partner.

Yes, I have an ulterior motive of hoping to find that permanent travel partner for a forever l last loving relationship.  Ok, having said that let me tell you the steps that could lead to your chancing getting out if the box and trying something new and exciting. What do you have to lose?  First step is for us to have some conversation and if that goes well plan a meet either you come to me or I go to you. Either way we share the cost. I live alone. The next step is up to you. I can afford to do travel alone but it would be more fun with you.

******AARP has talen my e-mail address and personal phone number off this post, so you will have to send me a personal e-mail vis aarp's email systeem. I will respond, even though it makes it more diccicult to have to return here. AL

AL
In San Diego

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 25 (3,086 Views)

I just got back from a Car trip from Tegas Cay, South Carolina to Rutland, Vermont. I had to do an interment. I'm looking ti find somnone to go a new adventure.
AL

AL
In San Diego
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 25 (3,095 Views)
Mr. San Diego...your enthusiasm for life keeps you young!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 25 (3,607 Views)

@MrSanDiego ~Happy belated birthday, Al!  Sorry it's taken me so long to get back with you. 

Do you still visit the east coast regularly?  I say good for you that at 75 years young you are still planning trips!  No wonder you just discovered what "age" was!  Your method for staying young is obviously working.   Woman Very Happy

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.