Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Re: TRANSATLANTIC CRUISE from Europe to Florida

Message 1 of 12 (1,162 Views)

Hello Arlene,

I am already booked on the Epic sailing from Barcelona on 5 November and would be very interested in sharing the cost of my cabin.  I have a home in Italy (I lived there for 28 years before moving back to the US to help out with grandchildren) and since I am unable to sell it because of the dismal real estate market there, I have to go back twice a year to oversee a changeover of house sitters until I can sell or rent it.  I love going back by ship once a year as this gives me a real vacation.  However, it is getting to be very expensive and I need to find a way to cut down on costs.  I am a good traveler and have lived in an array of countries in the Middle East, the Far East and Latin America.  If you have already arranged with someone else to share a cabin, I would still be interested in meeting you if you take the Epic.

Best regards,

Judith

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 12 (2,099 Views)

Hi Arlene, I am not able to travel for financial reasons but just wanted to say I think you are very brave and inspiring to put yourself out like this.  It is encouraging to me.  Have a terrific trip!!!

Patricia

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 12 (2,839 Views)

Finally found it.  Took a few tries.  Thanks for the help/;

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 4 of 12 (2,843 Views)

Thanks, but confused.  I am not seeing where I should click to send a private message.  Help!

Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 12 (2,853 Views)

No. Your email is not hidden. If you want to correspond with people, you send them a private message on this site. You do that by clicking on their name, and that will bring you to the screen where you can send a message.

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 6 of 12 (2,865 Views)

Hi Arlene,

I am hoping the AARP website hides the email address I am about to give you to reach me. Neither am I want to post it on a national forum, but I have seen it done on other notes, so maybe I'll dodge the bullet this time..  jmoates@sbcglobal.net  I look forward to chatting with you!  I'm not a morning person, but that also means I stay up later.  So you'll be able to catch me!

I look forward to talking!

~Judybelle

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 12 (2,889 Views)

Hello and thanks for the response.  I do not have a computer so I am at the library which means I do not have daily access to e-mail.  Telephones work much better for me (my only phone is a landline) but I do not want to put my personal e-mail or phone number on a public forum like this so can you write me back with your direct to you e-mail and then I can write to you privately with my personal info.  If Italy could be a possibility for you,  the Rome departure (Civitiveccia) is a better bargain with two more days on the cruise for $50 less money but of course the downside of that one is that it comes into Miami instead of Cape Canaveral.  I agree with you about Toledo, Spain.  I spent four nights there last summer in a hostel in the heart of the town.  I was in Spain for about 2 + months flying into Madrid and home from Malaga.  Hope to hear from you soon.   Arlene

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 8 of 12 (2,913 Views)

Arlene,

I have wanted to do one of the Transatlantic Cruises for about the last 5 years, but medical problems hindered it.  I'm back on top again and ready to do more traveling.  I am also 65 and have done much traveling for both work(now retired) and fun...Europe, South  America, Austalia, New Zealand, all over the Carribean.  I also am used to sharing space with "new acquaintences"!  The trip from Barcelona has always been my goal.  And like you, I was planning to return to Spain.  I fell in love with Toledo on one trip and vowed to return and spend some time.  It wouldn't hurt my feelings to hit France and Italy again either.

You mentioned emailing you, but no email address.  Can we post it here?  Or figure out how to get in touch with each other?  OH, I live in the DFW area, so I can probably fly from Dallas to meet you at your target city in Europe.  Let's put our heads together!

~ Judybelle

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 12 (2,921 Views)
Arlene: I actually booked a studio cabin for one, so it wont work for this trip. Since my travel plans are fairly well set for this year other than PERHAPS a quick cruise to Cuba (interested?) , I replied for future possibilities. I dont like providing too much info personal on a public forum so feel free to email me at bmarks at juno .com
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 12 (2,928 Views)
Hello Bev. I will not be on the cruise if I do not find a roommate. If you booked through a travel agent, perhaps I could call him or her with my credit card details and be added to your room. I am assuming that you responded to me because you have booked your room all by yourself and have already paid double just for you. Did you book an inside cabin? Since I have already done three transatlantic cruises, I do not want to spend a lot of money to do another one (basic price plus taxes/fees only). Let me know if I could be added to your room by whoever you booked through and thanks for responding even if it does not work out. Arlene
Announcements
Rush Aid To Hurricane Irma victims and Your Gift Will Be Matched, Up To a Total of a $750,000. Donate.
Top Kudoed Authors