How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Info Seeker

RE: Single travel

Message 11 of 44 (3,571 Views)

I am brand new to this but I am 56 yrs old and I am a retired airline employee and I still get alot of freebies when it comes to hotels, rental cars etc. and the best of all... I can still fly for free ! I love to travel and have been missing out on it lately as I have no one to travel with.  I am not even sure how to  post this so I am just replying to your post for now...any help on how to navigate this website would be much appreciated !

In Response to Re: Single travel by cybermac

Conversationalist

Message 12 of 44 (3,570 Views)

In Response to RE: Single travel by liwenz800

There are three cruise trips in March by Norwegian Cruise Line to Eastern Mediterranean. Is there anyone interested in going? I am planning one of the cruises. Please see my post "finding a travel companion".

Conversationalist

Message 13 of 44 (3,570 Views)

In Response to RE: Single travel by kel57 I have had some of my best trips on my own. There is usually somone else or a few who are also on their own. I have made six long term friends this way with whom I have rendezvoued with repeatedly all over the world. Two of them have each been two year long distance dating relationships....with adventures in new travel destinations.

Conversationalist

Message 14 of 44 (3,570 Views)

In Response to RE: Single travel by kel57 With the economy being touch and go world wide for a few years now, I have had very good luck contacting properties directly and finding really good deals even when traveling just by myself. Properties/islands/countries where I have stayed in the past are, in particular, really willing to work with me on the pricing, as filling a room at even a serious discount is better than having empty units. If you don't ask, you don't get.

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 44 (3,595 Views)

In Response to RE: Single travel by liwenz800  Yes, it is a cruise company based in the UK.

(http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=SAGA+cruises&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8P

I wondered if anyone has  sailed with them.

Conversationalist

Message 16 of 44 (3,595 Views)

In Response to RE: Single travel by til108

Hi, til108:

Thank you for the info. I just wonder about SAGA cruise ships out of England. Where can I find out more about them? Are they regular cruise ship tours?

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 44 (3,595 Views)

In Response to RE: Single travel by liwenz800  This is a group that had a last minute opening and I was able to jump in.  There are no more.  I'm so sorry.  I can suggest that you look into the Spanish language school in Nerja.  Apparantly, they have one or 2 week classes AND touring of the area.    

What about SAGA cruise ships out of England.  Have you (or anyone else)  ever sailed with them?  I think they offer single/ over 50 cruises.  Anyone know anything?

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 44 (3,595 Views)

Anyone near Ocean City Maryland that is planning a trip to Hawaii anytime in the near future.

Conversationalist

Message 19 of 44 (3,595 Views)

In Response to RE: Single travel by til108

Hi, 

I am interested in your Spain travel in March, and would like to join. I wonder if you can offer some details about travel schedule and other info so I can see if I can make it. You can see my post "finding a travel companion in Spring". My email address: liwenz800@yahoo.com

Conversationalist

Message 20 of 44 (3,595 Views)

I have traveled all over the USA, walking, once at destinations; favorites for walking are NYC, SF, NOLA ,WashDC, and Santa Monica from where you can bus all over greater LA;

All these cities have walking type neighborhoods, lots of parks and Museums and many interests for tourists like us; unlike say DALLAS or TX towns where you need a car to drive 7 miles to buy a loaf of bread;

In NYC a Jerry Balch does a 14 hour stroll around Brooklyn and Manhattan, 2X a week; Sat and Wed starting from HI AYH upper west side on Amsterdam at 102; $10.00 donation; which is a rather low hourly rate, don't you agree? It includes time for stops for lunch and dinner; real ADVENTURE and Fun!

This is my most UNIQUE and FUN find over a lifetime; Jerry is famous as a hike innovator and may be googled; he leads Sierra Club Morningstar Park summer cleanup trips as well; a retired secondary teacher with a booming voice, and HUMOR; a true representative New YOHker;

China Bus and Mega Bus offer $1.00 rides from NYC to DC and BOS, and Philadephia to Toronto; from there, Mega to Montreal to practice your French and walk the RESO underground and treat yourself to poutine (not); Montreal, also a GREAT walking city, for about a week;

These are highlights;

Anyone else have a hard time reading the data input while typing?

TINY; regret if any spelling errors, or horrors, if any grammar ones! ha ha

Nicholas in IL