The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Should I avoid videos?

Message 1 of 2 (756 Views)

@dn4369 - I'm so sorry for your loss! Easy experiment to try, if you've been watching these videos at the rate of 3 or 4/week for a while .. give yourself a break & refrain from watching them for a couple of weeks, and see how you feel.

I think that when you reach a certain point in the grieving process, watching the videos will just bring back loving memories, with a touch of sadness. If you haven't done it, you might consider participating in a bereavement workshop. They have trained facilitators taking the group through the process, with reading material to go thru at home, and everyone gets to share their experiences. Often they're held by a local house of worship free to the community (but are open to everyone) or even local mortuaries.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Conversationalist

Should I avoid videos?

Message 2 of 2 (767 Views)

I know that they say "Do whatever is right for you".

I have over 50 videos of travels around the world which my husband of 34 years took. His voice and mine throughout - wonderful times!

I have been watching 3 or 4 a week for a year. He died Feb 2016. Is it possible that watching those videos is amplifying my grief ?