How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Re: re: Rochester, NY or near - looking for a female friend

Message 1 of 12 (2,734 Views)

sure, usually going with my kids and grandkids but someone my age would be nicer.

email me when ready.  Spa1800@rochester.rr.com

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: re: Rochester, NY or near - looking for a female friend

Message 2 of 12 (2,734 Views)

One of my old friend did move to LA -  She used to come to Rochester maybe once a year to visit her Mom, now her Mom move to LA and thats it, no more visits.  Its hard to find friends like HER!!

Gold Conversationalist

re: Rochester, NY or near - looking for a female friend

Message 3 of 12 (4,568 Views)
In Response to post:

Run  "Meetup" in computer search, then zip for your area and see if there are any Meetup groups that you might like to join.  They have from walking, pole dancing, wine/sports, biking, etc. events.  I just joined a bookstore one that has Open Mic, Crocket/knitting or Happy Hookers, book sharing, different small groups to meet there.

Also, Red Hat is in almost all areas, if you haven't tried them.  They have multiple groups in close proximity.

Volunteering can also help meet other females.  You might want to make up some personal business cards, with you name, phone and email to pass out if you meet someone interesting, and always have pen and paper ready to jot their name, etc. down. 

I met my neighbor because we are both in the same Meetup singles group, and we just do things together now.

GeorgiaJ,

I saw your post regarding "MeetUp" single groups.  I've never heard of this; how does it work?  Just putting down your zip code sounds too simple and perhaps a little vague?

-Edie

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 4 of 12 (4,568 Views)
In Response to post:

Run  "Meetup" in computer search, then zip for your area and see if there are any Meetup groups that you might like to join.  They have from walking, pole dancing, wine/sports, biking, etc. events.  I just joined a bookstore one that has Open Mic, Crocket/knitting or Happy Hookers, book sharing, different small groups to meet there.

Also, Red Hat is in almost all areas, if you haven't tried them.  They have multiple groups in close proximity.

Volunteering can also help meet other females.  You might want to make up some personal business cards, with you name, phone and email to pass out if you meet someone interesting, and always have pen and paper ready to jot their name, etc. down. 

I met my neighbor because we are both in the same Meetup singles group, and we just do things together now.

Hi,

thanks for your advice, but I am not that desperate...

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 5 of 12 (4,568 Views)
In Response to post:

I am looking for someone to go to the Rochester area Liliac Festival this May.  Are you interested?

P.

Hi,

I live in Rochester very close to lilac.  Yes, I can meets you if I can.  My daughter is expecting a baby so who know how busy I will be.  I am afull babysitter for one of my grandchildren, soon will be two...

but very welcome.  let me know when the time come. You are female,right?  I am married and I dont think my husband would like me to meet other fellows.

Perla

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 6 of 12 (4,568 Views)
In Response to Rochester, NY or near - looking for a female friend:

Hi everyone!

Looking for someone from or near Rochester, NY 

Many of my friends moved away or....and I feel very alone lately.  Looking just for a female friend to do ladies thing.  Shopping, traveling, movies, play cards, crafts....

I am looking for someone to go to the Rochester area Liliac Festival this May.  Are you interested?

P.

Silver Conversationalist

Message 7 of 12 (4,568 Views)

Hi everyone!

Many of my friends moved away or....and I feel very alone lately.  Looking just for a female friend to do ladies thing.  Shopping, traveling, movies, play cards, crafts....

Gold Conversationalist

Message 8 of 12 (4,568 Views)

Hi everyone!

I know we have some members from your area in our group called Meet & greet Central. You might drop your message there as well.

Lots of love & hugs,

Sharon

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 12 (4,568 Views)

Hi everyone!

Hi

Did you try going to the group search area and searching for a New York group?  That might turn up some people interested in getting together.   You can also start a group for this purpose.

Good luck.

Diane

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Silver Conversationalist

Message 10 of 12 (4,568 Views)

Hi everyone!

Glad to see you added some more info on your profile. Sorry I do not live in your area I live on the west coast.

But that is a great way to meet a new friend. I know how lonely it can get when you don't have your old friends.

Good luck in finding someone to share the days and good times with.

Sandy