Help AARP Foundation raise $125K by March 29 to fight hunger. Donate Now

Info Seeker

Re: River Cruise "Tulip Time" Amsterdam

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 3 (1,731 Views)

Loved the river cruise....no motion sickness, just pay a little more to be on upper deck away from motor to avoid noise. We did not hear anything. Best part get off boat, NOT ship, daily, for all included tours. And land is SO close on either side. Highly reccommend it.

Silver Conversationalist

re: River Cruise "Tulip Time" Amsterdam

Message 2 of 3 (3,012 Views)
In Response to River Cruise "Tulip Time" Amsterdam:

I didn't care for the Ocean crusie at all. I felt locked in. Yes it was big ship but just didn't like the feeling. I also had motion sickness the whole time. When I took pills, they knocked me out. All I did was EAT(lol) sleep and walk the boat. Has anyone ever cruise on river cruises? Is it the same motion part? Did you get to get off boat more?? thanks for any reply. Debra

I just responded to your inquiry - but must have pressed the wrong button because apparently it got lost. I can

heartily recommend River Boat Cruises - much better than ocean liners. My late husband and I had taken several - usually with the Grand Circle Company. Each time we found the food to be excellent, on board entertainment was very good. Some side trips included we good and we usually took any additional tours that were offered.

I am sure you would enjoy river boating..any questions, would be happy to answer.

Irene Ferrant -   "Corrida" (was kennel name)

Info Seeker

River Cruise "Tulip Time" Amsterdam

Message 3 of 3 (3,012 Views)

I didn't care for the Ocean crusie at all. I felt locked in. Yes it was big ship but just didn't like the feeling. I also had motion sickness the whole time. When I took pills, they knocked me out. All I did was EAT(lol) sleep and walk the boat. Has anyone ever cruise on river cruises? Is it the same motion part? Did you get to get off boat more?? thanks for any reply. Debra