Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Info Seeker

re: Looking To Make New Friends For Traveling

Message 41 of 54
In Response to Looking To Make New Friends For Traveling:

I live in Staten Island, NY, and am anxious to meet new friends for independent travel in 2010.  Love to chill

at resorts, beaches, pools, all-inclusive vacations.  I recently retired from working as a social worker and am hoping to begin a new life with new friends.

Gayle

I live in California and looking for new friends to travel with.  I'm not retired yet but if I know far enough in advance I can save for the trip and get time off.   I'm a nurse consultant.

Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 42 of 54
In Response to post:

I live in Ohio and retired from the office world last year.  This is all new to me also and I am looking for new friends, hopefully who also want to travel.www.aarp.org/community/editor/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/regular_smile.gif" />

glad to make your aqaintance. maybe we'll cross paths somwhere in our travels. i look forward to that.

Info Seeker

Message 43 of 54
In Response to post:

I am in Mass. I am open to traveling. Because this is all new to me, it will take me awhile toget acclimated. as I read these messages, I feel we have somthings in common. I am retired lpn & am also looking to meet new friends

I live in Ohio and retired from the office world last year.  This is all new to me also and I am looking for new friends, hopefully who also want to travel.www.aarp.org/community/editor/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/regular_smile.gif" />

Conversationalist

Message 44 of 54

I live in Staten Island, NY, and am anxious to meet new friends for independent travel in 2010.  Love to chill

at resorts, beaches, pools, all-inclusive vacations.  I recently retired from working as a social worker and am hoping to begin a new life with new friends.

Gayle

I am in Mass. I am open to traveling. Because this is all new to me, it will take me awhile toget acclimated. as I read these messages, I feel we have somthings in common. I am retired lpn & am also looking to meet new friends

Silver Conversationalist

Message 45 of 54
In Response to post:

Hey Gayle.  Welcome.    I am planning 2 trips next year.  One will be in May to Pawleys Island in South Carolina.  Really laid-back beach environment.   Secondly, and hopefully, in the Fall Sept/Oct time frame I am planning on visiting Nantucket/Martha's Vineyard for 1-2 weeks.  Give us some ideas on what you would like to do.  

P.

Wave on your way to Pawley's Island....it's about 2 hours from me here in Florence.   Not much on beach travel but the fall trip sounds yummy if I can't get a partner to do Grand Canyon.    I have spring trip planned but didn't get my fall trip this year so would really like to make sure I do at least two a year from now on.   Been doing that  until this year.   Bummer!

Silver Conversationalist

Message 46 of 54
In Response to post:

I love to travel and have always gone on vacations w/my kids. Now that they are grown its hard to find singles my age who want to travel. I live in GA so if you are ever this way let me know. I have really been wanting to go the Grand Canyon in the fall or spring so if you head that way let me know. I also love the beach and out of the way places along with historic old towns.  Good luck and keep us posted on your travels.

I'm in SC and had planned to fly to Vegas with a grade school friend and rent a car to drive down to the Grand Canyon this fall but her husband's health stopped that.   If you would like to continue to correspond and see if we are compatible for that sort of trip, contact me at mgriffith542@yahoo.com.   I say that as it is so easy to lose posts here when there are so many....and we are talking next year.    I'm thinking fall myself as I'm moving in Jan and going to Houston to see friends either March or shudder summer!   You can see more about me at my profile.   Kitty

Info Seeker

Message 47 of 54
In Response to post:

I love to travel and have always gone on vacations w/my kids. Now that they are grown its hard to find singles my age who want to travel. I live in GA so if you are ever this way let me know. I have really been wanting to go the Grand Canyon in the fall or spring so if you head that way let me know. I also love the beach and out of the way places along with historic old towns.  Good luck and keep us posted on your travels.

Cmcburnett,

I also have a desire to travel out west in the fall.  I've just put in a new bathroom in my home in MI, so that's the only place I'll be traveling this year.  I've traveled quite a bit in the southwest, but have seen nothing in in the mid and northwest.  I'd love to see some of the parks out there.  I used to travel with my sister and her husband, but they're not doing much traveling now.  I'm still working.  Let's keep in touch.

Lisa

Info Seeker

Message 48 of 54
In Response to post:

Hi all:

Next year I plan on a two week tour of Scotland.....all the highlights with ferry ride to the Orkneys and Shetlands.  Would love to find a travel buddy for that one. 

Dorothy

Dorothy,

I'm not yet ready to return to Scotland, but would be happy to share any information that I have.  I went three years ago with my sister and her husband.  We spent two weeks there and absolutely loved it.  We planned the entire trip over the internet and traveled mainly in the Highlands. 

Silver Conversationalist

Message 49 of 54

Gayle

Any one living in the Pacific NW that would like to have and be a travel buddy?  Right now just weekend short trips but I plan on retiring next September and would love to have a friend to travel with.

Rose

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 50 of 54

Gayle

Hi all:

Next year I plan on a two week tour of Scotland.....all the highlights with ferry ride to the Orkneys and Shetlands.  Would love to find a travel buddy for that one. 

Dorothy