Latest Update on the Health Care Bill — Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Watch Facebook Live

Info Seeker

Re: re: Looking To Make New Friends For Traveling

Message 1 of 54 (1,605 Views)
Hi I love this idea. I live in CT. And it seems like a fun idea.
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Looking To Make New Friends For Traveling

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 54 (2,477 Views)

bm1092523 wrote:

"...I'm looking for someone to travel with this year. I'm planning a birthday trip in December. I'm going to either Tuscany, Italy, The Cotswolds, England or Nevis & St Kitts. Haven't narrowed it down yet....".

I'm a male who travels overseas solo, so not answering the travel-person query.

Just curious about your possible trip to England or Cotswolds. I go to U.K. every year. Do you realize that December only averages about 40 degrees in the Cotswolds, and is their month with most precip?

The Cotswolds is a large area, very much like walking through an infinite arboretum with houses in it. It's stunning with the architecture and gardens everyone has.

But December, nothing is blooming.   Definitely get there, but in summer. 

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Info Seeker

Re: Looking To Make New Friends For Traveling

Message 3 of 54 (2,490 Views)

I'm looking for someone to travel with this year. I'm planning a birthday trip in December. I'm going to either Tuscany, Italy, The Cotswolds, England or Nevis & St Kitts. Haven't narrowed it down yet.

This would be a great girlfriend trip if I can find some 'traveling' girlfiends. Let me hear from you. I'm in Ga

Silver Conversationalist

re: Looking To Make New Friends For Traveling

Message 4 of 54 (2,553 Views)
In Response to Looking To Make New Friends For Traveling:

I live in Staten Island, NY, and am anxious to meet new friends for independent travel in 2010.  Love to chill

at resorts, beaches, pools, all-inclusive vacations.  I recently retired from working as a social worker and am hoping to begin a new life with new friends.

Gayle

I'm in Huntsville, Tx - between Houston and Dallas.  Count me in on any hosting, then being hosted!

Dena

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 5 of 54 (4,245 Views)

I live in Staten Island, NY, and am anxious to meet new friends for independent travel in 2010.  Love to chill

at resorts, beaches, pools, all-inclusive vacations.  I recently retired from working as a social worker and am hoping to begin a new life with new friends.

Gayle

I live in Phoenix, AZ and am also looking for friends to travel with in 2010. I love the ocean and beaches and also enjoy the all-inclusive vacations. I am also interested in a Mediterranean cruise. I retired two years ago from law enforcement and am therefore flexible with dates.

Trish

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 6 of 54 (4,245 Views)

Gayle

PS....I'm always up for hosting.  I've done it before...I just havent been a guest yet anywhere.  I also have a house, large inground pool, close to the beaches and about 45-60 minutes to all the theme parks.  Miami - 3 hrs.  Tampa - 3 hrs.  Jacksonville - 3 hrs.  I would love to check out other areas in Florida and am especially interested in Savannah, GA.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 7 of 54 (4,245 Views)
In Response to post:

I
love what Michelle proposed about hosting visitors in each
others homes. Besides the financial aspect, it is always nice
having a new friend in a new city. I have a lovely home in
Jacksonville, Florida, near beaches, golf, downtown and St
Augustine. I would enjoy showing a house guest what the
area has to offer. I would be excited to visit
anywhere in the northeast, NYC and Boston are always favorites.
Is anyone else interested in hosting a visitor?

Hey LinenLady,

What would you think of hosting me?  I've been thru Jacksonville a few times but never stopped and I've heard there are some great photo ops there.  I'm clean, don't drink, smoke or do drugs and I'm told I have a really good sense of humor.  I'd also host you if you ever want to come down this way.  I'm from Upstate NY and usually go thru Jax to go to NY.  My daughters still live up there so I always have a place to stay when I visit. 

Let me know what you think.

Mich

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 8 of 54 (4,245 Views)

Gayle

Hello....I,too,am looking for singles to travel with.   I still work but have lots of vacation time saved up.  Winters are long and cold in Wisconsin so anywhere warm would be wonderful.    Hope to make lots of new friends,too.

Leanne

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 9 of 54 (4,245 Views)
In Response to post:

Hi,

Put me on your list also!! I love to travel. I like both, to just chill for a little while and then take off and see everything!!

You never know when you might need a nurse!!

Deb 

Conversationalist

Message 10 of 54 (4,245 Views)

Gayle