The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Female RV Travel Buddy

[ Edited ]
Message 31 of 37 (2,990 Views)

I'm very interested. I'm an 82 year old woman and have been looking for this kind of thing for a long time. Please send more information.
Robin

Info Seeker

Message 32 of 37 (2,988 Views)

I would love to find a female traveling buddy!  I'm a retired senior living alone with only my home as a responsibility.  At present, I am downsizing my home in CT because it is too much for me financially because of outrages taxes and the gardens require more time than I want to give.  I bought a cabin on a mountain top in NC and plan to move there permently after a few renovations have been completed.

As soon as the downsizing and renovations are under my control, I will have time available and finances to cover my share of any excursion and adventure.  This is the anniversary of the national parks in America and I'd like to see all of them.  I'm an average hiker, no rock climbing.  I visit historical homes and gardens.  I do not own a camper but have been driving the 12 hour distance between my CT home and the cabin in NC.  I'm a good driver and a good cook.  If I'm acceptable as one of your traveling buddies, please provide a means for us to contact each other.  Thank you, Judy

Info Seeker

Message 33 of 37 (2,911 Views)
I don't know what state you are in but there is a group of women called "Sisters on the Fly" that all have RV's and camp together. I know there is a large chapter in Texas. That might be worth investigating.
Info Seeker

Message 34 of 37 (3,276 Views)

Wow!  How I wish I could!  We're so much the same but unfortunately I'm now working and can only have four days off; one week next year.  I wish you the best person to join you and safe amazing travels.  I plan on weekend trips to Vegas soon, so I'm open to that any time. Smiley Wink

Maria Guajardo
Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 35 of 37 (3,049 Views)

Hi.  I have a 2011 29' Jayco Melbournne that sleeps 4.  I am 64, retired 12/14 and bought it then.  Where are you located?  I am in Houston Texas.  I am in the ExxonMobil Camping Club and do monthly outings with them as well as on my own and with my 13 year old nephew.  I have a woman friend with a 33 ft. Class A that periodically joins in trips.  We recently traveled in her unit to Big Bend Texas and cost shared.  We've also taken both our units on some outings.  I have similar life stats as you and am willing to discuss future possiblities.  There is also a Woman's RV travel Club you might check out.  You may also check to see if there are RV / camping Meetup.com options near you.  I'm doing several meetup.com groups in the Houston area.  

Info Seeker

Message 36 of 37 (3,109 Views)

Hi - How big an RV are you considering?  did you have a region in mind to travel to?  what types of places do you like to stop and visit?  and might you be amenable to a well behaved canine companion?  

Info Seeker

Female RV Travel Buddy

Message 37 of 37 (2,753 Views)

Hi!  I am considering purchasing an RV and was wondering if there is another female on here that would be interested in RV travel together w/ split cost.  Want to try it out before I buy to see if it is worth the investment and if it is something that I would enjoy in the future.  So, if you have an RV and need a female travel buddy or want to rent one with me to try, message me.  I am an empty nester in my 50's, educated, non smoker, rarely drink, healthy, active, and love to travel.  Lots of places I would love to see and not looking for a Love Connection or anything of that sort!!!  lol