Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Conversationalist

Re: Female RV Travel Buddy

Message 11 of 37 (2,023 Views)

Hi Karen,

Hope you had  wonderful day. My face is lightening up. Are the women out there with space for me. I bring a lot of Caribbean stories so be prepared to laugh.

Cherie

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 12 of 37 (2,207 Views)
Hi joanne, I believe you to be the originator of the travel buddy message. You were thinking about renting an RV. My response was that I own an RV 26 foot, sleeps 5 if anyone is agreeable to bunk over the cab.
I live in MN, 60 now, and semi retired from teaching. I was interested in travel companions to see the good ol' USA. My email is balsterlinda7@gmail.com, if you are interested and know of another female to travel along. I would like to get to know more also about anyone I am going to travel with. I know we can never be too safe. SO emails and even phone may be good start 8~}..
I do have 2 small dogs that travel with me in a large kennel. Plus, I don't drink or smoke and I am a Christian, go to church every Sunday. I am also not interested in any romance or anything of that sort either. No men companions. Linda
Info Seeker

Message 13 of 37 (2,763 Views)

I drive a 24 foot rv (only sleeps 1).  I've had a couple of travel plans go wrong this year and am looking for some excursion,  North Carolina woud be fine with  me.

I travel with a small parrot.  Anyway, please count me in as very intrested.

Anyway, my name is Karen

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 14 of 37 (2,905 Views)

Howdy from Texas!      I have traveled in an RV in the past and it is the perfect answer to travel needs, in my opinion! I have swooshed into my 60's, a retired professional, don't smoke, don't drink, but I am always up for adventure...   :-)  I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but can meet up with where ever you origination point is.  I'd love to hear your thoughts and plans,.  Thanks so much for giving us this opportunity!!

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 37 (2,741 Views)

Replying to: linda331 and  j616990b - joanne

Three active travelers have responded to my initial post and provided their email contact info.  I'm willing to do some research and planning for the group to start but need to know more about each person and their interest.  Thank you.

On Monday, August 21, 2017 is a Solar Eclipse.  The directly overhead path of the eclipse passes over the north west corner of NC, where I bought a cabin on a mountain top.  Just a consideration.  Judy

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 37 (2,907 Views)

Hi Linda, I am retired from local government planning activities, 62, 2 grown children, and live in Texas but I am from Minnesota.  I am limited on travel due to eyesight  problems and depend on others for transportation.  I am also interested in seeing the US but can't seem to get there with vision problems.  I saw this on AARP and decideed to check it out. I need driver and someone with  common interest in travel and communicate well with others. Karen

Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 17 of 37 (5,465 Views)

Hello

This is Cherie

My dream is finding someone who would be happy to take me along on a trip lol. I can cook, clean, hey! Manage the house hold. I need to find my smile again and I want to see America. But do not have the money. I will be your assistant. Lost myself for a little bit but I am open to learn, open to new opportunities and be the strong woman I know I could be. 

Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 18 of 37 (5,464 Views)

Hi

Nice to hear from you. I live in Kingston, NY. I do not drive. I am legally blind. I can still see and that's why seeing America is my dream. Not sure how we can meet but will be happy to talk to you. 

Cherie

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 37 (5,488 Views)

I reread your post and see that you are looking for an RV travel buddy.  I have done some RV traveling when younger, but we got away from it, deciding that motels were about same price when all expenses were considered.  Actually, at my age now, I prefer organized tours, where all arrangements are made in advance and we just sit and enjoy.  If anything goes wrong, they take care of it.  It seems to me that is best for widows our age.  I have had some marvelous trips that way; I try to do about two a year, but have none planned at the moment.  Contact me and let me know what you think.

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 37 (5,451 Views)

Hello,

I am Anne, also own a second home in western NC, where I am today.  Otherwise, I live in a retirement community in north GA.  I love to travel, have done lots of camping when younger, but not now.  I am 82 also, almost 83.   I have seen Europe several times, also have traveled in South America, Africa, and eastern Canada and Alaska, but would love to see all of the US, particularly the west and west coast areas.  I formerly lived in Florida, and have covered that state extensively in my former work life.  I was a professional educator.

Announcements
Rush Aid To Hurricane Irma victims and Your Gift Will Be Matched, Up To a Total of a $750,000. Donate.
Top Kudoed Authors