Know Someone Over 50 Making a Difference? Nominate Them for the AARP Purpose Prize

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Female RV Travel Buddy

Message 11 of 40

Hi again, I am Linda with the RV. For my two cents worth on travel and destinations, I am wondering will the trip consist of site seeing, parks, monuements, etc.

I am not particular, although I am not a big fan of driving in the mountains. One bad thing about sites/stops onvolving intercity travel, such as Washington DC, is we would have to drive the rv to the spot-unless someone wants to follow in a car and sleep/stay/cook in the rv. So my thinking is parks/campsites to be the best and just road trip and stop at sites along the way. 

I am checking into the best rv travel destinations and guides, so I will keep in touch. Thanks again. Linda

Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 12 of 40

Hi Karen, Just a note to let you know  j616990b - joanne from this message board is the originator. I just chimed in that I have an rv and would love to travel with a couple of gals to see the USA. Are you the Karen with the parrot? How would you get to US from Hawaii?

Last update from joanne was she had a few responses and was looking into an intinerary, but she was also wanting/needing to know more about each person she may take on as a traveling  companion. I agree, better safe than sorry. So check out her message board here on AARP, under the name given above and you should be set. Thanks Linda

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 40

Hi,

I'm retired from IT & planning, am in my 60's, fairly active & versatile.  I'm from Hawaii & have never traveled in an RV, so look forward to this adventure, if there's space.  

Susan

Conversationalist

Message 14 of 40

Hi Karen,

Hope you had  wonderful day. My face is lightening up. Are the women out there with space for me. I bring a lot of Caribbean stories so be prepared to laugh.

Cherie

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 15 of 40
Hi joanne, I believe you to be the originator of the travel buddy message. You were thinking about renting an RV. My response was that I own an RV 26 foot, sleeps 5 if anyone is agreeable to bunk over the cab.
I live in MN, 60 now, and semi retired from teaching. I was interested in travel companions to see the good ol' USA. My email is balsterlinda7@gmail.com, if you are interested and know of another female to travel along. I would like to get to know more also about anyone I am going to travel with. I know we can never be too safe. SO emails and even phone may be good start 8~}..
I do have 2 small dogs that travel with me in a large kennel. Plus, I don't drink or smoke and I am a Christian, go to church every Sunday. I am also not interested in any romance or anything of that sort either. No men companions. Linda
Conversationalist

Message 16 of 40

I drive a 24 foot rv (only sleeps 1).  I've had a couple of travel plans go wrong this year and am looking for some excursion,  North Carolina woud be fine with  me.

I travel with a small parrot.  Anyway, please count me in as very intrested.

Anyway, my name is Karen

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 17 of 40

Howdy from Texas!      I have traveled in an RV in the past and it is the perfect answer to travel needs, in my opinion! I have swooshed into my 60's, a retired professional, don't smoke, don't drink, but I am always up for adventure...   :-)  I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but can meet up with where ever you origination point is.  I'd love to hear your thoughts and plans,.  Thanks so much for giving us this opportunity!!

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 40

Replying to: linda331 and  j616990b - joanne

Three active travelers have responded to my initial post and provided their email contact info.  I'm willing to do some research and planning for the group to start but need to know more about each person and their interest.  Thank you.

On Monday, August 21, 2017 is a Solar Eclipse.  The directly overhead path of the eclipse passes over the north west corner of NC, where I bought a cabin on a mountain top.  Just a consideration.  Judy

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 40

Hi Linda, I am retired from local government planning activities, 62, 2 grown children, and live in Texas but I am from Minnesota.  I am limited on travel due to eyesight  problems and depend on others for transportation.  I am also interested in seeing the US but can't seem to get there with vision problems.  I saw this on AARP and decideed to check it out. I need driver and someone with  common interest in travel and communicate well with others. Karen

Conversationalist

Message 20 of 40

Hello

This is Cherie

My dream is finding someone who would be happy to take me along on a trip lol. I can cook, clean, hey! Manage the house hold. I need to find my smile again and I want to see America. But do not have the money. I will be your assistant. Lost myself for a little bit but I am open to learn, open to new opportunities and be the strong woman I know I could be.