Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Female RV Travel Buddy

Message 1 of 37 (556 Views)

How nice to get your note.  I live between Ft. Worth and Denton, love to travel, but my toes and pad of my feet have peripheral neuropathy.  It is caused by injured spinal nerves. I can walk for short distances, but not very far.  So seeing the sights by RV would be wonderful.  However, I do not own one.  I dated a man many years ago that had a 38' Fleetwood and I loved it!  I'm very mechanical, so I can get most things operational.

I  love traveling, sailing, SCUBA Diving, Cruising.  But my feet have slowed me down some.  I can drive just fine, and get around well in short spaces.

Since Texas summers have turned into a burning furnace from May thru October, I'd love to head north, and into the mountains...any place COOL!!

If you have questions or comments, let me know!!

Silver Conversationalist

Message 2 of 37 (567 Views)

Hi--I live close to Austin.  I'm divorced, love to travel.  Looking for travel buddies, preferably someone who owns an RV.  Would like to exchange info with others re places you'd like to travel, interests, compatibility, etc. Could share expenses with the right person(s).  Pls PM me with some info about yourself.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 37 (1,292 Views)

Hi again, As I had noted last message, I was not the originator. I chimed in as I ahve an rv, but nothing became of that. I also made note that anyone I had seen messages from are 1,000 of miles from me, and that in and of itself would be my trip costs right there just to get to people to join up. So I am out... Good Luck L331

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 37 (1,304 Views)

As there been any action on this blog.  I really liked the idea of meeting up with some other rv'ers, but haven't seen any action since early May.  Did I scare people away, somehow disconnected my self from the blog or has it just fizzled.

If you are stil interested, please let me know what is happening.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 37 (1,654 Views)

I'm not quite sure how this board works, so havn't been sure how to respond to you, as I understand you are the coordinator.

As mentioned earlier Bobby (parrot) and I try to take 2 longish trips each year.  Starting from my home in Jacksonville, I had been supposed to go trhough New Mexico, Arizona and California this fall/winter reurning home in March or April.  Unfortunately I broke my arm the day before I was suppoed to leave.

Then I was going to go to the Canadian maritimes after visiting Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont but I missed my place on the planned caravan.  Now I am just restless to go somewhere with the goal of leaving the end of May or beginning of June. 

Other than an Alaska Tour and the afore mentioned Maritimes, I generallly travel on my own and stay on the road for up to 4 or 5 months.  I'm scared of towing so I  rent  a car if I want to spend several days or more in a location or else find an RV park that is close to public transportation (I am more of an urban sightseer (museums, historic building, ballet etc. and a real sucker for recreated historic villiages).    That means my version of an east coast trip would have to  include Williamsburg, Jamestown and Gettysburg.  However, an alternative route or going to different locations would be fine with me.  Both Bobby and I have passports so even Canada would be fine. 

If several of us were in a location with no public transportation (there are parks near dc and in Philadelphi that I know are near such transportation) we could share the cost of a rental if no one had a tow car .  I know that the wandering individuals network has a system that covers the cost for someone with a tow car providing transportation.

I have no problems whatsoever of going North Carolina but if you want to be there for the eclipse, apparently most parking  locations are already being snapped up, although one article said that the local towns may waive their bans on rv's being parked on private land.

In fact, I would like to hit Apex NC as they are vendors for two brands of truck campers Ive wanted to see (with the idea of trading in my B+/C).  For some reason they are virtually impossible to find east of Texas).

On a personal level I do use a cane or walker, I'm not a fast walke but can walk distances with no problem and start off each day climbing 3 flights of stairs, so I wouldn't be holding people back.

Now that I've babled my way though an  introduction My email address is dockas@aol.com.  

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 37 (1,677 Views)

I'm Karen of parrot fame.  I'm not quite sure how this community works, so let me know if this message gets posted. 

I had planned on going to the canadian maritimes this year, but that fell through.  I like the idea of going up the east coast.  or  else traveling thorugh NC or possibly  the Appalacian trails.  Basically, however, I am  open to anything.  I'm hoping to hit the road at the end of May but really have no hard plans beyond that. 

I'm not sure about the question about Hawaii, I'm in Florida and I just assumed that answer to HI is that it is the only state that is inaccessible by RV.  I was personally thinking that I would save that until I was to old to rive a rig.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 7 of 37 (1,738 Views)
Hi Karen, I am a tag along on this little adventure; the originator is joanne from AARP. As for you being included on a trip would mean having to come and get you in Texas???
I am not even sure where all persons involved live. I saw one from CT, Idaho etc. So, for me, that means a couple of thousand miles just to get to the ladies who want to be involved. That is not feasible for me. Thanks for checking though. You may want to contact this joanne online to be included with her. Linda
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 8 of 37 (1,743 Views)

Hi again, I am Linda with the RV. For my two cents worth on travel and destinations, I am wondering will the trip consist of site seeing, parks, monuements, etc.

I am not particular, although I am not a big fan of driving in the mountains. One bad thing about sites/stops onvolving intercity travel, such as Washington DC, is we would have to drive the rv to the spot-unless someone wants to follow in a car and sleep/stay/cook in the rv. So my thinking is parks/campsites to be the best and just road trip and stop at sites along the way. 

I am checking into the best rv travel destinations and guides, so I will keep in touch. Thanks again. Linda

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 9 of 37 (1,747 Views)

Hi Karen, Just a note to let you know  j616990b - joanne from this message board is the originator. I just chimed in that I have an rv and would love to travel with a couple of gals to see the USA. Are you the Karen with the parrot? How would you get to US from Hawaii?

Last update from joanne was she had a few responses and was looking into an intinerary, but she was also wanting/needing to know more about each person she may take on as a traveling  companion. I agree, better safe than sorry. So check out her message board here on AARP, under the name given above and you should be set. Thanks Linda

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 37 (1,789 Views)

Hi,

I'm retired from IT & planning, am in my 60's, fairly active & versatile.  I'm from Hawaii & have never traveled in an RV, so look forward to this adventure, if there's space.  

Susan

Announcements
Rush Aid To Hurricane Irma victims and Your Gift Will Be Matched, Up To a Total of a $750,000. Donate.
Top Kudoed Authors