How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Did you know AARP offers discounts to the solo traveler?

Message 11 of 13 (3,337 Views)

"...There's a big difference between traveling on your own, and traveling as a single with a group...".

That was my reaction to reading some of the links. Having said that, the links do provide useful info so I'm not dissing the whole posting.

I travel to the U.K. every year, as a single, fully on my own. So, I'm not doing anthing with a group and book everything myself. That's 'true' solo travel (and, with no electronic devices: no phone, no tablet, no gps). Maps, compass, paper bus and rail schedules.   

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Did you know AARP offers discounts to the solo traveler?

Message 12 of 13 (3,337 Views)

There's a big difference between traveling on your own, and traveling as a single with a group. To what are you referring? My experience is that few organizations give any discounts to people who are by themselves, on a group tour. You wind up paying a very hefty "single supplement", and often wind up getting rooms that are too small for people traveling as a couple or with a friend.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Community Manager

Did you know AARP offers discounts to the solo traveler?

[ Edited ]
Message 13 of 13 (3,349 Views)

Traveling solo is a great way to experience a new destination. If you've considered a solo getaway, check out AARP's offers for solo travelers. To find out more about solo travel, go to http://travel.aarp.org/articles-tips/solo-travel/.