Ask Your Questions About Open Enrollment At AARP’s Webinar ‘Medicare: Your Questions Answered’ at 7 p.m. ET. Register Here

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 81 of 251 (2,091 Views)
I'm up for travel to just about anywhere...as long as it fits in between my work schedule.
I work every other month. I will be off nov...wrk up xmas in dec.....and so on You can contact me at
sheliacraig1@aol.com
It would be so great if a group could plan a trip together off of this web site.
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 82 of 251 (1,999 Views)

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

Yes, I'd like to travel with other solo folks, too.  I love to travel; could do it least once per year, but have no one to travel with.  I'd be interested in joining a group & having a room mate to cut down on costs.  Please feel free to contact me.

Posted by CarolFurchak

Hi Carol, I'm trying to get a group together for a domestic trip next spring.  If you're interested, email me at sklou49@aol.com.  Anyone else?

Info Seeker

Message 83 of 251 (2,029 Views)

Oveseas Adventure Travel (OAT) and Grand Circle Travel (GCT) do not charge a single supplement for any of their tours (I believe that includes cruises as well as land travel).  I've been traveling with them for years as a single and have never paid a supplement.  I have even traveled with a friend and we have enjoyed the luxury of our own rooms.  Their website in oattravel.com and gct.com.  Make sure the website is Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel.  If you mention my name (Charlotte Temple) and customer number (000401919A) you will recieve a $100.00 discount off your next trip (and so will I).  If you want more info, you can email me at chtemple10@aol.com.  Happy Travels.

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

I am leaving for England, Scotland and Wales for two weeks by myself on 9/1.  I found a tour company that does not charge single supplement if you sign up to share a room.  If there is no other female who wants to share, you don't have to pay supplement and you get a single room. 

I would like to find someone to travel to China early next year.  I especially want to see the panda reserve and the terra cotta solders.

Posted by peggym60

WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE KNOWING WHAT COMPANY DOES NOT CHARGE SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS, AND HOW TO CONTACT THEM.  THANKS.

NOT INTERESTED IN CHINA JUST NOW, AS HAVE BEEN THERE MANY TIMES, AND HAVE ALREADY SEEN THE TERRA COTTA WARRIORS. 

MAYBE NEXT TIME.

THANKS, THERESADOTO

Posted by theresadoto

Info Seeker

Message 84 of 251 (1,955 Views)

I am leaving for England, Scotland and Wales for two weeks by myself on 9/1.  I found a tour company that does not charge single supplement if you sign up to share a room.  If there is no other female who wants to share, you don't have to pay supplement and you get a single room. 

I would like to find someone to travel to China early next year.  I especially want to see the panda reserve and the terra cotta solders.

Posted by peggym60

WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE KNOWING WHAT COMPANY DOES NOT CHARGE SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS, AND HOW TO CONTACT THEM.  THANKS.

NOT INTERESTED IN CHINA JUST NOW, AS HAVE BEEN THERE MANY TIMES, AND HAVE ALREADY SEEN THE TERRA COTTA WARRIORS. 

MAYBE NEXT TIME.

THANKS, THERESADOTO

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 85 of 251 (1,958 Views)

sorry I did not know you were going--I would like to go to ireland--what tour company is this?

thank you

patty

Posted by peggym60

Info Seeker

Message 86 of 251 (1,958 Views)

Again, check out Grand Circle Travel or Overseas Adventure Travel.  I traveled to China with Grand Circle Travel.  No single supplement and no room sharing (unless you want to).  In fact, I traveled with a friend, and we both had the luxury of our own room at no extra cost.  We saw the Panda Reserve, the Terra Cotta Warriors,  Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, 4 nights on the Yangtze, Guillin and many other stops.  Their website is gct.com.  And you get a $100.00 deduction (as do I) if you mention my name (Charlotte Temple) and my customer number (000401919).  If you want more info, my email is chtemple10@aol.com.  Happy Travels.  --Charlotte

if my In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

Posted by peggym60

Conversationalist

Message 87 of 251 (1,978 Views)

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 88 of 251 (1,978 Views)
Dose anyone else find this site a pain in the neck to keep up with ?
Old and new post mixed together all the time.
It takes way to long to shift though to find what new and now happening.
Anyway...I would luv to chat to anyone about travel..
Please contact me by e-mail.....2125craig@gmail.com
8/26/2013
Info Seeker

Message 89 of 251 (1,978 Views)

Hi All,  I have traveled solo with Overseas Adventure Travel many times and find that it works really well since I'm much more open to meet people when I  travel alone.  They specialize in trips for "active seniors over 55"  with no more than 16 - 20 on most trips.   I'm taking my 16th trip with them in January, to Chile and Argentina.  Their prices are reasonable and they never charge a single supplement for solo travelers.  The rooms that you have are as nice as any of the rooms that have 2 per room.  All the guides are locals and very outgoing with a wealth of knowledge about their country.  Check out their website at oattravel.com.  If you book a trip with them and mention my name (Charlotte Temple) and customer number (000401919), you will get $100.00 discount off your trip (and so will I).  If you want more info, my email is chtemple10@aol.com.  Happy Travels!  Charlotte

Hi,

I've solo travelled a few times before but would prefer to go with a group of singles.  And I agree with an earlier post that most travel clubs ask exorbitant prices for single travel.  If something comes of this, I certainly would be interested...contact me at astevens628@yahoo.com....

Posted by flimsy2

Conversationalist

Message 90 of 251 (1,959 Views)

As a solo traveler for the past ten years, I would be interested in hearing from anyone or "the group" for international travel.  Countries I have visited "flying solo" are Japan, Peru, Chile, Canada, and Thailand.  I am 60+, fit and do hikes wherever I visit.  Hope this can spark some interests and possible travel/hiking buds.