ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Conversationalist

Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 61 of 255

Hi Everyone.  I am still interested in meeting other women to travel with.  Open to various destinations.  Let me hear from you.  sg1396

Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 62 of 255

I'd like to add this comment to my previous post where I suggested we solo travelers meet in Boston at the AARP convention. Some have responded with "I've already been to Boston".  Well, I've been there too but...

I picked this meeting place because we'd be sharing a common event (the conference), it's safe and there's something to do in case others back out or cause problems.  I had a previous experience where I was supposed to meet someone in Fla.  After I made my plane and hotel arrangements, my pal backed out.  So, I saw Fla alone.  I don't want that to happen again.  In another more recent situation, during a local MeetUp restaurant event,  I was advised not to give a fellow (female over 50) MeetUp member my phone number because she  had caused a lot of trouble with other MeetUp members.  Bottom line here, for the security of all of us, we should be careful, even with our peers. 

With that said, most or all of us are OK.   I look forward to meeting some of you travelers at the (safe) AARP convention.  I've been to Boston a number of times and don't intend to sightsee.  I'll only stay 2 nights.  If I don't get other committments, I won't go at all nor will I initiate any other plans for meeting in the future.  I'm taking the initiative now because nobody else has. I figure, it's now or never.  Meeting you travel buddies for future trips makes Boston worthwhile to me. RSVP on this thread.  

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 63 of 255

Hi Everyone,  I have a suggestion for all of us solo travelers looking for travel pals.  Let's all meet at the AARP Boston convention. We could all book the same hotel.  I went to the AARP conference years ago when it was in Chicago.  It was fantastic and worth every penny!  There was a choice of seminars, live entertainment and more. The conference alone is worth attending.  So, check out the conference online and respond on this thread if you want to meet up. I'd like to get committments soon before air fares go up.  

PS.  I do not work or volunteer for AARP.  I'm just a member, like you.    pat

Gold Conversationalist

Message 64 of 255

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

02/01/2014 Its a new year so I thought I needed to have a new post. I'm ready to travel anytime and to most places when I'm not working. I work a 30 day at work 30 days of work rotating schedule. ( having 3 weeks very other month ) to travel. Please contact me directly at ...sheliacraig1@aol.com Hope you have a great year. Shelia - aka Coookie

Posted by coookie

I love to travel. Interested.  

Nelida Mejia
Conversationalist

Message 65 of 255

INTERESTED   ---- shirlanier@gmail.com   paducah ky

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

02/01/2014 Its a new year so I thought I needed to have a new post. I'm ready to travel anytime and to most places when I'm not working. I work a 30 day at work 30 days of work rotating schedule. ( having 3 weeks very other month ) to travel. Please contact me directly at ...sheliacraig1@aol.com Hope you have a great year. Shelia - aka Coookie

Posted by coookie

Conversationalist

Message 66 of 255

interested

Am planning on a trip to China hopefully in mid April with Gate 1 travel.  Includes Panda Reserve and terra cotta warriors.  Would love to find a roommate.  I am leaving from Clev. and the trip is about $3000.  Check out their web site.

Posted by peggym60

Posted by shirlaner

interested - still need roommate   shirlanier@gmail.com

Conversationalist

Message 67 of 255

ready -  shirlanier@gmail.com    paducah ky

Conversationalist

Message 68 of 255

Posted by coookie

interested shirlanier@gmail.com   paducah ky

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 69 of 255
02/01/2014
Its a new year so I thought I needed to have a new post.
I'm ready to travel anytime and to most places when I'm not working. I work a 30 day at work 30 days of work rotating schedule. ( having 3 weeks very other month ) to travel.
Please contact me directly at ...sheliacraig1@aol.com
Hope you have a great year. Shelia - aka Coookie
Conversationalist

Message 70 of 255

I went last Sept.  I used Globus because they have a share package so you do not have to pay a single supplement.  I am off to China in April.  I really enjoyed the trip o Scotland, Wales and England.  It is a very busy trip but you see alot of country.  My email is mdavis1582@sbcglobal.net if you want any further info.

Did you ever get to Scotland and Ireland? I want to go there as well as England and Wales.  There are so many places I would like to visit.  US National Park Tour is on my list.  Cruising in general doesn't interest me unless it is cruising the Baltic or somewhere really scenic.  Just cruising and looking at the ocean doesn't do much for me.

I live in Houston, Tx and love to travel.  I have not been to many places in my life and would love to see more of the US and Canada, Scotland, Ireland, and well, just about anywhere.  Write me if you are interested in going somewhere this summer.

Posted by williamsonej

Posted by sg1396