How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Silver Conversationalist

Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 41 of 238 (1,941 Views)

Does anyone have any ideas for this summner?  I'm open to discussion on ideas people may have.  Distination, mode of travel and length need to be considered. 

Pat

Conversationalist

Message 42 of 238 (1,941 Views)

Sounds good but I am going to China in April with Gate 1 travel.  I have been to China before but did not get to see terra cotta warriors and panda reserve.  I will see both this tim.

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

Hi Everyone.  I am still interested in meeting other women to travel with.  Open to various destinations.  Let me hear from you.  sg1396

Posted by sg1396

Hello,  I'm planning an extended trip beginning end of May.  Want to do a tour in China, then I'll spend some time in Thailand.  I've been to Thailand many times so won't do a tour there.  Plan on a trip to Burma, and possiblity to India.  I'm interested in having someone to travel with for all or part of my trip.  Usually travel alone but a friend came to Thailand last spring and it was so nice to have someone to share and laugh with.  Let me know if any of this sounds interesting. 

Glenda Henderson

Posted by glendaeh47

Info Seeker

Message 43 of 238 (1,941 Views)

Hi Everyone.  I am still interested in meeting other women to travel with.  Open to various destinations.  Let me hear from you.  sg1396

Posted by sg1396

Hello,  I'm planning an extended trip beginning end of May.  Want to do a tour in China, then I'll spend some time in Thailand.  I've been to Thailand many times so won't do a tour there.  Plan on a trip to Burma, and possiblity to India.  I'm interested in having someone to travel with for all or part of my trip.  Usually travel alone but a friend came to Thailand last spring and it was so nice to have someone to share and laugh with.  Let me know if any of this sounds interesting. 

Glenda Henderson

Conversationalist

Message 44 of 238 (1,940 Views)

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 45 of 238 (1,940 Views)

I'd like to add this comment to my previous post where I suggested we solo travelers meet in Boston at the AARP convention. Some have responded with "I've already been to Boston".  Well, I've been there too but...

I picked this meeting place because we'd be sharing a common event (the conference), it's safe and there's something to do in case others back out or cause problems.  I had a previous experience where I was supposed to meet someone in Fla.  After I made my plane and hotel arrangements, my pal backed out.  So, I saw Fla alone.  I don't want that to happen again.  In another more recent situation, during a local MeetUp restaurant event,  I was advised not to give a fellow (female over 50) MeetUp member my phone number because she  had caused a lot of trouble with other MeetUp members.  Bottom line here, for the security of all of us, we should be careful, even with our peers. 

With that said, most or all of us are OK.   I look forward to meeting some of you travelers at the (safe) AARP convention.  I've been to Boston a number of times and don't intend to sightsee.  I'll only stay 2 nights.  If I don't get other committments, I won't go at all nor will I initiate any other plans for meeting in the future.  I'm taking the initiative now because nobody else has. I figure, it's now or never.  Meeting you travel buddies for future trips makes Boston worthwhile to me. RSVP on this thread.  

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 46 of 238 (1,940 Views)

Hi Everyone,  I have a suggestion for all of us solo travelers looking for travel pals.  Let's all meet at the AARP Boston convention. We could all book the same hotel.  I went to the AARP conference years ago when it was in Chicago.  It was fantastic and worth every penny!  There was a choice of seminars, live entertainment and more. The conference alone is worth attending.  So, check out the conference online and respond on this thread if you want to meet up. I'd like to get committments soon before air fares go up.  

PS.  I do not work or volunteer for AARP.  I'm just a member, like you.    pat

Silver Conversationalist

Message 47 of 238 (1,940 Views)

02/01/2014 Its a new year so I thought I needed to have a new post. I'm ready to travel anytime and to most places when I'm not working. I work a 30 day at work 30 days of work rotating schedule. ( having 3 weeks very other month ) to travel. Please contact me directly at ...sheliacraig1@aol.com Hope you have a great year. Shelia - aka Coookie

Posted by coookie

I love to travel. Interested.  

Conversationalist

Message 48 of 238 (1,940 Views)

INTERESTED   ---- shirlanier@gmail.com   paducah ky

02/01/2014 Its a new year so I thought I needed to have a new post. I'm ready to travel anytime and to most places when I'm not working. I work a 30 day at work 30 days of work rotating schedule. ( having 3 weeks very other month ) to travel. Please contact me directly at ...sheliacraig1@aol.com Hope you have a great year. Shelia - aka Coookie

Posted by coookie

Conversationalist

Message 49 of 238 (1,902 Views)

interested

Am planning on a trip to China hopefully in mid April with Gate 1 travel.  Includes Panda Reserve and terra cotta warriors.  Would love to find a roommate.  I am leaving from Clev. and the trip is about $3000.  Check out their web site.

Posted by peggym60

Posted by shirlaner

interested - still need roommate   shirlanier@gmail.com

Conversationalist

Message 50 of 238 (1,902 Views)

ready -  shirlanier@gmail.com    paducah ky