ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Info Seeker

Re: RE: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 31 of 255
Hi, i am new with traveling with out a s.o. I am newly retired and ready to travel. I am interester in taveling with a small group of ladies or a mixed Group. Excited of the thought. I live in san diego, california. Would love to travel in the usa, the mediterrainian, south america. No cruises yet.
Greenthumb99
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 32 of 255

Love2Travel707 wrote:

Hi, I am a female that loves to travel. I do a lot of solo traveling. I've done my share of research on single travel clubs. I love the concept, but the prices they charge is overwhelming. I am willing to travel by any mode except cruises.

My logic for omitting cruises is because you can only visit a location for a day or two tops, and then at night you have to be back on the ship.  I like my freedom.

I am hoping to meet a few females who are interested to gathering together to travel once or twice each year. We can all get acquainted via email and perhaps by the end of this year or whenever the time is right, we can plan our trips and off we go.

Is anyone interested in this idea? Your thoughts?

Yes, the idea sounds wonderful! I am on Maui, and would love more info!

Linda

Conversationalist

Message 33 of 255

I find this site really cumbersome. Post get lost, can't findmy way back, etc. Any way I love traveling. For the lst 3 years I've gone to awesome places, solo & w/ my CA niece. This year I wnt to AARP convention in Boston.I was a bit disappointed w/ that. Glad I bought my passport, and made my return t New Oreans for a week later. I caught Greyhound to Monteal! Really enjoyed the ride thru NH,VT! No language barrier because English as 2nd language pervades culture. Quebec was beautiful & 2 satisfy my love of Europe, I plan to visit Canada again.  I won't be going on long journeys anytime soon as my 93 year old disabled mom is back w/ me. But having gone on Scan/Russia last year that inclued Helsinki, Stockholm, Talliin, Riga, & St. Petersburg all w/ landtours, I'm good.  I fell in love w/ Europe. The care for environment, & food safety very impressive. There is a lot gong on in Europe now, but there are places I still want 2 see. I've been to Hawaii, Alaska, Caribbean & Mexico. Keep it coming. I like to read of others travels also. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: SENDING A PRIVATE MESSAGE

Message 34 of 255

They've changed so much this last time, I'm amazed when I can help people .. because there are a lot of things I haven't figured out either!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Bronze Conversationalist

Re: SENDING A PRIVATE MESSAGE

Message 35 of 255

Thank you Astraea.  I appreciate your taking the time to let me know how to use the site better.  I've been having the worst time trying to figure it all out. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

SENDING A PRIVATE MESSAGE

Message 36 of 255

To send a private message to someone:

• Click on their screen name, to go to their page
  • On the right side about 1/2 way down the screen, is a large "CONTACT ME" section
  • Right ABOVE the red button to add as a friend, there's a blue link to "send this user a private message"
  • Click on that link

Just as a Common Sense Warning:

• Don't ever post your personal e-mail address publically in any post; it's dangerous & a violation of AARP's Terms of Service (TOS)
  • Don't ever respond to a personal e-mail someone else posts publically, because that gives them YOUR e-mail address, and you really don't know anything about them for sure here.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 37 of 255
How do you post private messages like you suggest? I probably made a mistake and sent an email to the person who listed her private email address and I suppose I won't hear back from her even though I gave my own private email and now feel foolish for doing that. I just can't figure out how this works. How do we contact each other?
Info Seeker

Message 38 of 255
Hi,

Like the OP, I'm a divorced female who travels extensively - sometimes solo and sometimes as part of a singles travel group. I live in N. California and am 52.

FYI I just booked a trip to the Western Mediterranean with NCL from 7/16-7/27 The first 4 days is a land tour of Barcelona, followed by a 7-day cruise (Spain, France, Italy). I lived in Europe before, so I'm not concerned about the land tour; however, this is the 1st cruise I've taken solo (I traveled with single groups on NCL before). The nice thing is, some NCL lines (Epic, Getaway, Breakaway) have studio cabins (no single supplement). Unfortunately, they are tiny, inside cabins (thus, no balcony). However, they are quiet & if you only use your cabin to sleep, they work. One positive, the studio lounge area is restricted (key access) to other singles in studio cabins (no kids).

BTW Last time I cruised (2012), about half of the 36 members of my travel group (including me) stayed in the NCL studio cabins. We met other solo travelers from all over the world & socialized with them when not doing things with our group. I also noticed that there was a group coordinator for the solo travelers staying in studio cabins. She planned outings, etc.

If anyone is thinking of traveling to Europe in July and wants to meet up, let me know.

S

Info Seeker

Message 39 of 255
I live in 2 -3 hours north of you in ME , am 73, retired, now single, but with adorable **bleep**-a-poo who I don't board but have luckily had a friend who will keep him -but only for short weekend trips. I am planning on wintering next winter in Fla. and will probably have to drive myself there, taking my companion dog with me. I need to find someone who would be willing to drive with me, as I have back problems that require someone to spell me while driving if I need to lay out flat from time to time- or at least recline to take pressure off my spine. Otherwise, I'm healthy, fit but don't enjoy long trips all alone at my age. At some point down the road, I'd love to join up with a group of ladies who might want to cruise somewhere- the Caribbean sounds good to me at present- I love to travel but have been care taking a elderly parents for the past 10 years. She passed away last Aug- so am just now getting the desire to do some traveling again.
Info Seeker

Message 40 of 255

Hi! I would love to get to know a group of other female travel enthusiasts. Most interested in seeing Italy, my grandparents were from Partinico, Sicily, and I've always been interested in Roman history. Also I'd love to see Scotland, Ireland and revisit Switzerland. Traveling by train was very efficient when I visited Paris, then the Alps, and stayed for a short time in Interlaken, Switzerland.  I'm from North Carolina and hope to be retiring soon!