Make Your Weekend a Day or Two Longer With Cheap Trip Ideas at AARP Travel’s Take A Day.

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 31 of 249 (2,192 Views)
How do you post private messages like you suggest? I probably made a mistake and sent an email to the person who listed her private email address and I suppose I won't hear back from her even though I gave my own private email and now feel foolish for doing that. I just can't figure out how this works. How do we contact each other?
Info Seeker

Message 32 of 249 (2,245 Views)
Hi,

Like the OP, I'm a divorced female who travels extensively - sometimes solo and sometimes as part of a singles travel group. I live in N. California and am 52.

FYI I just booked a trip to the Western Mediterranean with NCL from 7/16-7/27 The first 4 days is a land tour of Barcelona, followed by a 7-day cruise (Spain, France, Italy). I lived in Europe before, so I'm not concerned about the land tour; however, this is the 1st cruise I've taken solo (I traveled with single groups on NCL before). The nice thing is, some NCL lines (Epic, Getaway, Breakaway) have studio cabins (no single supplement). Unfortunately, they are tiny, inside cabins (thus, no balcony). However, they are quiet & if you only use your cabin to sleep, they work. One positive, the studio lounge area is restricted (key access) to other singles in studio cabins (no kids).

BTW Last time I cruised (2012), about half of the 36 members of my travel group (including me) stayed in the NCL studio cabins. We met other solo travelers from all over the world & socialized with them when not doing things with our group. I also noticed that there was a group coordinator for the solo travelers staying in studio cabins. She planned outings, etc.

If anyone is thinking of traveling to Europe in July and wants to meet up, let me know.

S

Info Seeker

Message 33 of 249 (2,271 Views)
I live in 2 -3 hours north of you in ME , am 73, retired, now single, but with adorable **bleep**-a-poo who I don't board but have luckily had a friend who will keep him -but only for short weekend trips. I am planning on wintering next winter in Fla. and will probably have to drive myself there, taking my companion dog with me. I need to find someone who would be willing to drive with me, as I have back problems that require someone to spell me while driving if I need to lay out flat from time to time- or at least recline to take pressure off my spine. Otherwise, I'm healthy, fit but don't enjoy long trips all alone at my age. At some point down the road, I'd love to join up with a group of ladies who might want to cruise somewhere- the Caribbean sounds good to me at present- I love to travel but have been care taking a elderly parents for the past 10 years. She passed away last Aug- so am just now getting the desire to do some traveling again.
Info Seeker

Message 34 of 249 (2,312 Views)

Hi! I would love to get to know a group of other female travel enthusiasts. Most interested in seeing Italy, my grandparents were from Partinico, Sicily, and I've always been interested in Roman history. Also I'd love to see Scotland, Ireland and revisit Switzerland. Traveling by train was very efficient when I visited Paris, then the Alps, and stayed for a short time in Interlaken, Switzerland.  I'm from North Carolina and hope to be retiring soon!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 35 of 249 (2,440 Views)
I hope I'm not too late to join. I live in Southern California and love to travel. One or two trips a year sounds ideal. Has anyone made any plans?
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 36 of 249 (2,518 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

None of you should be posting your personal e-mail addresses here; it's a public group, anyone on the internet can see it! If you want to exchange personal contact information, why not use private messages?!

OMG!  I second that suggestion!  Ladies...the internet is rife with "romance & financial scammers" and AARP certainly has it's share who slip through the nets.  It's a dangerous practice to leave your email address on a public forum unless you have invented a name and persona to foil anyone's attempts to identify you.  Converse via "private messages" until you are comfortable giving private contact information and even then, I would use a special email address just for situations like this.

“The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
War With Honour, 1940 ~ A.A. Milne
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 249 (2,538 Views)

None of you should be posting your personal e-mail addresses here; it's a public group, anyone on the internet can see it! If you want to exchange personal contact information, why not use private messages?!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 38 of 249 (2,558 Views)

ST.GEORGE MALE",60" ALSO INTERESTED IN TRAVEL COMPANIONS .email:{

Info Seeker

Message 39 of 249 (2,565 Views)

Thanks for your interest. If you are comfortable, maybe write to my email (jsinoz.js@gmail.com). I have started to explore destinations for this fall, and welcome your ideas.  I also think we can form a flexible group of ladies whose travel interests will benefit from opening dialogues. Hope to hear from you soon.

Info Seeker

Message 40 of 249 (2,410 Views)

YES!!!!!! I am so happy to know that I am not the only one. I too want to travel but have no one to go with. I would love to keep in touch with you. Most of the people I know are married or too young, I am thinking maybe later this year or early next year. Let me know what you think.