ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 21 of 255

I am interested in traveling with other mature females.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 22 of 255
I'm from Birmingham, al.I'm still fond of cruising, and would like a cruise tour to Alaska. I love Memphis, New Orleans, New York and Florida . I'm still governed by employment though.
Info Seeker

Message 23 of 255
Hello. Would love to see some interest in this topic. I'm also a 61 yr old widow and love to travel; just not too keen about going alone. I live in Ohio.
Super Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 255
TCM has been advertising their cruise from 11/1 to 11/6/15 to the Caribbean. Unfortunately, the cruise is sold out and there's a waiting list. In previous years special guests were announced, usually beloved movie stars. So many of them have died in the past year. If TCM is offering another cruise next year, would love to have someone to share the fun with. The opportunity to meet the hosts and special guests is awesome. Plus ppl who book the cruise all share an affinity for the old movies, in addition to possibly making new friends who appreciate TCM. It's not surprising that young folks, who are aspiring actors, have discovered TCM. The icons of film in the last 100 years have left their unforgettable performances on the silver screen that can never be equalled. If the trip interests you, please post your views.
Info Seeker

Message 25 of 255

Hello, just found this topic.  Has it died?  Is there a group? I love to travel. I'm 61, a widow ... open to all possibilities. 

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 255

Hi, sounds good. I am married but my husband cannot travel due to his working situation.  I live in Suffolk County which is in Long Island, N.Y.

Info Seeker

Message 27 of 255

Hello!  I just retired in January, 2014 and I am very interested in becoming part of a group looking to do some travelling!  I really want to go to Alaska next year and would really be interested in many different travel opportunities!

Info Seeker

Message 28 of 255

Hi,  This sounds like a great idea.  I would love to do this.  I live in Wa. state.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 255

ll27836372 wrote:

Love2Travel707 wrote:

Hi, I am a female that loves to travel. I do a lot of solo traveling. I've done my share of research on single travel clubs. I love the concept, but the prices they charge is overwhelming. I am willing to travel by any mode except cruises.

My logic for omitting cruises is because you can only visit a location for a day or two tops, and then at night you have to be back on the ship.  I like my freedom.

I am hoping to meet a few females who are interested to gathering together to travel once or twice each year. We can all get acquainted via email and perhaps by the end of this year or whenever the time is right, we can plan our trips and off we go.

Is anyone interested in this idea? Your thoughts?

Yes, the idea sounds wonderful! I am on Maui, and would love more info!

Linda

Linda...do you do B & B?    Woman Wink    Just joking but I have wonderful memories of Maui and would like to explore it more thoroughly!  ~  Mimi

“The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
War With Honour, 1940 ~ A.A. Milne
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: RE: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 30 of 255

I started reading this topic from the beginning and decided that I'd skip to the end to see if any trips were taken by anyone who posted here.  Have you been on a trip with a companion you found on this site?  How did it go?  Would you do it again?  Do you have any advice for the rest of us?

If you posted within the last year and have not been on a trip, would you share the reason why you still haven't taken the plunge?  Is it due to a hesitancy to make plans?  Have you not read any responses that struck a chord in you that the person might be a "good fit" for a travel partner?

I have been reading up on "Road Scholar" trips and think that would be a neat way to meet potential travel partners...say if a half dozen or so of the women on this site booked the same trip and met at the Road Scholar venue, spent 4 to 5 days together with that group, then decided if there was a future in going on other trips with people they met that way.  To me, it just seems like a safe, careful way to get to know others.

As far as cruises, I am mostly in agreement but I am interested in Viking River Cruises.  My friends who have taken them rave about the experience...small groups, opportunities to mingle with and make friends among other guests, great food and wine...what's not to like?

Anyone wish to respond?  ~  Mimi

“The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
War With Honour, 1940 ~ A.A. Milne