Ask Your Questions About Open Enrollment At AARP’s Webinar ‘Medicare: Your Questions Answered’ at 7 p.m. ET. Register Here

Info Seeker

Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 21 of 251 (3,446 Views)

Hello, just found this topic.  Has it died?  Is there a group? I love to travel. I'm 61, a widow ... open to all possibilities. 

Info Seeker

Message 22 of 251 (3,139 Views)

Hi, sounds good. I am married but my husband cannot travel due to his working situation.  I live in Suffolk County which is in Long Island, N.Y.

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 251 (3,360 Views)

Hello!  I just retired in January, 2014 and I am very interested in becoming part of a group looking to do some travelling!  I really want to go to Alaska next year and would really be interested in many different travel opportunities!

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 251 (2,781 Views)

Hi,  This sounds like a great idea.  I would love to do this.  I live in Wa. state.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 251 (2,856 Views)

ll27836372 wrote:

Love2Travel707 wrote:

Hi, I am a female that loves to travel. I do a lot of solo traveling. I've done my share of research on single travel clubs. I love the concept, but the prices they charge is overwhelming. I am willing to travel by any mode except cruises.

My logic for omitting cruises is because you can only visit a location for a day or two tops, and then at night you have to be back on the ship.  I like my freedom.

I am hoping to meet a few females who are interested to gathering together to travel once or twice each year. We can all get acquainted via email and perhaps by the end of this year or whenever the time is right, we can plan our trips and off we go.

Is anyone interested in this idea? Your thoughts?

Yes, the idea sounds wonderful! I am on Maui, and would love more info!

Linda

Linda...do you do B & B?    Woman Wink    Just joking but I have wonderful memories of Maui and would like to explore it more thoroughly!  ~  Mimi

“The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
War With Honour, 1940 ~ A.A. Milne
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: RE: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

[ Edited ]
Message 26 of 251 (2,858 Views)

I started reading this topic from the beginning and decided that I'd skip to the end to see if any trips were taken by anyone who posted here.  Have you been on a trip with a companion you found on this site?  How did it go?  Would you do it again?  Do you have any advice for the rest of us?

If you posted within the last year and have not been on a trip, would you share the reason why you still haven't taken the plunge?  Is it due to a hesitancy to make plans?  Have you not read any responses that struck a chord in you that the person might be a "good fit" for a travel partner?

I have been reading up on "Road Scholar" trips and think that would be a neat way to meet potential travel partners...say if a half dozen or so of the women on this site booked the same trip and met at the Road Scholar venue, spent 4 to 5 days together with that group, then decided if there was a future in going on other trips with people they met that way.  To me, it just seems like a safe, careful way to get to know others.

As far as cruises, I am mostly in agreement but I am interested in Viking River Cruises.  My friends who have taken them rave about the experience...small groups, opportunities to mingle with and make friends among other guests, great food and wine...what's not to like?

Anyone wish to respond?  ~  Mimi

“The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
War With Honour, 1940 ~ A.A. Milne
Info Seeker

Re: RE: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 27 of 251 (2,889 Views)
Hi, i am new with traveling with out a s.o. I am newly retired and ready to travel. I am interester in taveling with a small group of ladies or a mixed Group. Excited of the thought. I live in san diego, california. Would love to travel in the usa, the mediterrainian, south america. No cruises yet.
Greenthumb99
Info Seeker

Message 28 of 251 (2,945 Views)

Love2Travel707 wrote:

Hi, I am a female that loves to travel. I do a lot of solo traveling. I've done my share of research on single travel clubs. I love the concept, but the prices they charge is overwhelming. I am willing to travel by any mode except cruises.

My logic for omitting cruises is because you can only visit a location for a day or two tops, and then at night you have to be back on the ship.  I like my freedom.

I am hoping to meet a few females who are interested to gathering together to travel once or twice each year. We can all get acquainted via email and perhaps by the end of this year or whenever the time is right, we can plan our trips and off we go.

Is anyone interested in this idea? Your thoughts?

Yes, the idea sounds wonderful! I am on Maui, and would love more info!

Linda

Conversationalist

Message 29 of 251 (3,021 Views)

I find this site really cumbersome. Post get lost, can't findmy way back, etc. Any way I love traveling. For the lst 3 years I've gone to awesome places, solo & w/ my CA niece. This year I wnt to AARP convention in Boston.I was a bit disappointed w/ that. Glad I bought my passport, and made my return t New Oreans for a week later. I caught Greyhound to Monteal! Really enjoyed the ride thru NH,VT! No language barrier because English as 2nd language pervades culture. Quebec was beautiful & 2 satisfy my love of Europe, I plan to visit Canada again.  I won't be going on long journeys anytime soon as my 93 year old disabled mom is back w/ me. But having gone on Scan/Russia last year that inclued Helsinki, Stockholm, Talliin, Riga, & St. Petersburg all w/ landtours, I'm good.  I fell in love w/ Europe. The care for environment, & food safety very impressive. There is a lot gong on in Europe now, but there are places I still want 2 see. I've been to Hawaii, Alaska, Caribbean & Mexico. Keep it coming. I like to read of others travels also. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: SENDING A PRIVATE MESSAGE

Message 30 of 251 (3,023 Views)

They've changed so much this last time, I'm amazed when I can help people .. because there are a lot of things I haven't figured out either!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!