AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Attn: drivng west this summer in 26 ft RV--goal oregon

Message 221 of 255

Hi all,

I just returned from south america where I traveled solo using hostels...it worked out great!

Now I am planning a trip west stopping at national parks. I own a 26 ft RV...I am starting journey in st augustine , fl...going through new orleans and hopefully denver area. Anyone want to join me for even part of the trip? Also want to see glacier national park in Montana..  Then plan on going to australia and new zeland next year...anyone interested? I am 60 and free to travel as much as possible.....

can also email me at matrix0204@gmail.com. I started teh looking for travel companions area on this site.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 222 of 255

I am from Indianapolis.  I would love to travel more.  I am still employeed (50) so my time and finances are limited.  I like art shows, antiques, animals, and lake side anything.  I enjoy heading up north to Michigan, Wisconsin, etc... but would also enjoy heading south to some of the beautiful country side there.  

Info Seeker

Message 223 of 255

I will be retiring in a few months and I'm ready to start travelling again.  I'm going to Italy with the local chapter of AAA in November.  In the next few years I would like to go to Costa Rica, cruise the Danube and/or the Rhine, hike in Peru, hike at Glacier National Park. Although I have done solo travelling, I would like to travel with a companion. I live in very southern Maine, next to NH. I belong to several Meetips groups, but I prefer to travel with a few people and not a group of 40 women. 

Info Seeker

Message 224 of 255

I'd be interested as well.   I'm 58, single and live in Seattle and want to get out and have more adventures.  I love to explore the countryside and small towns outside of the touristy areas.   And I especially love traveling by train and exploring coasts and islands.

Sandra

In Response to Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

Hi, I am a female that loves to travel. I do a lot of solo traveling. I've done my share of research on single travel clubs. I love the concept, but the prices they charge is overwhelming. I am willing to travel by any mode except cruises.

My logic for omitting cruises is because you can only visit a location for a day or two tops, and then at night you have to be back on the ship.  I like my freedom.

I am hoping to meet a few females who are interested to gathering together to travel once or twice each year. We can all get acquainted via email and perhaps by the end of this year or whenever the time is right, we can plan our trips and off we go.

Is anyone interested in this idea? Your thoughts?

Posted by Love2Travel707

Info Seeker

Message 225 of 255

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

Meeeting in Vegas at the convention sounds like a great idea.  Where shall we meet?

I am also interested in cruising and any U S travel, as well.

Posted by raebaby11

Could meet for dinner on Saturday night or brunch on Sunday morning.  Would either of those work for you?

Info Seeker

Message 226 of 255

Would love to find some female companions to travel with.  I am a seasoned traveler.  I have lived and worked in Europe as well as worked in the US airline industry in my earlier years. BUT there are many places, both overseas, No America and So America that I would like to revisit or visit for the first time.

My idea of a good vacation is to really savor the atmosphere of whereever I am.  I'm not a "This is Tuesday so this must be Belgium" sort of person.

I live in the Washington, DC area and I am retired and married.

Info Seeker

Message 227 of 255

Meeeting in Vegas at the convention sounds like a great idea.  Where shall we meet?

I am also interested in cruising and any U S travel, as well.

Info Seeker

Message 228 of 255

Add me too! I will probably be moving to Japan in September. Everybody could come visit me!

I'd love to do a short (±2 weeks) trip this spring or summer. Who's looking for a travel partner in this time frame?

I'm 63, have traveled a lot, and have a lot more I want to see. 

Info Seeker

Message 229 of 255

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

Just saw this.  I am single 64 year old retiree.  I love to travel and plan on doing a lot more over the next few years.  Most of my travel is solo but I would love to find a group of women who like to do some trips together.   I don't like the big cruise ships and probably won't do that again.   I did take a small boat trip on the Nile and really enjoyed that. 

I am in Louisville, Ky.  Fairly close to the Tenn folks who posted.  I have three trips already planned for 2013.  Las Vegas, Berlin, and Monogolia.   I would be interested in trips in the US but not available for anything else until next year.   I would enjoy meeting up with folks in Nashville or New Orleans.  Be glad to help organize if there is interest.

I will not be here this year but maybe next years some of you would like to come in for the Kentucky Derby.  It would be fun to show Louisville off!!!   I will post if I decide to head out somewhere.  Please let me know if anyone has an idea.

Posted by varblej

Hi V,

I will be visiting L'ville, 4/25-4/29 and thought what a great chance to meet!  I just found this site today and am leaving town 4/19 but here is my cell 831 521-1508.  email: jnewell@sbcglobal.net.  Will be staying with a friend in Prospect.  Sounds as if you might already be out of town by then-but let me know.

Info Seeker

Message 230 of 255

Ladies, this is a dream come true.  I have done a good bit of traveling, always single, and would love to have  friends to enjoy.  I am 64, live in Southern CA.  I would prefer to avoid cruises as well.  I am interested in traveling everywhere.  Getting to know everyone via e-mail seems resonable and a stay in Las Vegas would be fun as well. I am retired and am ready to go.