The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 231 of 251 (2,924 Views)

I am 65 and a widow.  I would love to meet other women to do sme traveling with whether in the US or overseas.  I would really love to go to Ireland but would also love to go back to Nashville and would love to go to the northwest.  I still work full time so would have to pan ahead.  I live 50 miles west of Chicago but originally from West Virginia.  Would love to meet a group of women who could enjoy traveling together.

marilyn

Info Seeker

Message 232 of 251 (3,064 Views)

Yes!  I have traveled quite a bit, and prefer traveling with somone rather than alone.  I have traveled with a tour only once, in China, and it was a good experience...but do not want to pay the single supplement.  I tour seems like a good idea in countries difficult to travel, such as Morocco or eastern Turkey or Madagascar.  I am 66, and have a large list of want-to-see places, generally the more exotic the better.  I'm 66, and not really up for discos or 200-mile bike rides, but everything else sounds good. 

I live in northern California, and see one other person from near here..would love to do a simple trip together at the beginning.   

Conversationalist

Message 233 of 251 (3,051 Views)

I'd love to travel with compatible female friends. I'm booked now for a trip to Tanzania in November with a Houston Museum of Natural Science group, and I had a heck of a time finding a roommate. Like some of you, I'm not interested in big cruises, but am eager to try the smaller ships for a cruise down the Rhine or even the Amazon. Also on my bucket list are the Galapagos Islands, an archeological dig, more visits to Europe, Australia (I've seen Sydney, but not the rest of the country), and who knows where else (including many places in US and North America that I haven't seen or want to see again)!! I'm widowed, in my mid 60's, healthy - looking for non-smoker, non-snorer with a sense of adventure and a good sense of humor.

Info Seeker

Message 234 of 251 (3,084 Views)

I too love to travel - I am still employed full time, a 66 year old widow living in no calif - also wine country.  I have traveled a lot and want to do more but yes as a single it can be difficult to be cost evffective.  I do enjoy cruises as it is a good way to "interview" a country or area to see if worth a more extensive visit. I am hoping to do an African Safari late next year so any suggestions from those that have been would be appreciated.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 235 of 251 (3,109 Views)

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

Yes, I am very open in meeting other ladies who want to venture out and travel the world.  I am a widow, recently retired at the wonderful age of 62, and yearning to see and experience new places.  

I live in the sunny eastern part of  Washington state -- another region known for its extensive wineries.

If you have any plans for future travels, let me know.

Posted by redrockpen90

Hi, spgmoon22   here from  bellingham, wa.  saw your post, redrock. I am a traveller too.  62,retired,homeowner.   I have a camper van I travel  in ,like to spend time in az.   also would like to travel with other females close to my age.   non smoker.  I want to do some train travel. too.  any other ideas?      spgmoon22 

Info Seeker

Message 236 of 251 (3,108 Views)

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

I like to travel too. The Caribbean sounds great I'm married and in my 60s. From Mass. My schedule is flexible. I like to stay at one place to see the local sites.

Posted by mae88

The Caribbean does sound good.  Staying at one place is my preferance too.  Anyone else intereted.

Info Seeker

Message 237 of 251 (3,123 Views)

Just saw this.  I am single 64 year old retiree.  I love to travel and plan on doing a lot more over the next few years.  Most of my travel is solo but I would love to find a group of women who like to do some trips together.   I don't like the big cruise ships and probably won't do that again.   I did take a small boat trip on the Nile and really enjoyed that. 

I am in Louisville, Ky.  Fairly close to the Tenn folks who posted.  I have three trips already planned for 2013.  Las Vegas, Berlin, and Monogolia.   I would be interested in trips in the US but not available for anything else until next year.   I would enjoy meeting up with folks in Nashville or New Orleans.  Be glad to help organize if there is interest.

I will not be here this year but maybe next years some of you would like to come in for the Kentucky Derby.  It would be fun to show Louisville off!!!   I will post if I decide to head out somewhere.  Please let me know if anyone has an idea.

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 238 of 251 (3,121 Views)
I like to travel too. The Caribbean sounds great
I'm married and in my 60s. From Mass.
My schedule is flexible.
I like to stay at one place to see the local sites.
Info Seeker

Message 239 of 251 (3,121 Views)

Yes, I am very open in meeting other ladies who want to venture out and travel the world.  I am a widow, recently retired at the wonderful age of 62, and yearning to see and experience new places.  

I live in the sunny eastern part of  Washington state -- another region known for its extensive wineries.

If you have any plans for future travels, let me know.

Info Seeker

Message 240 of 251 (3,194 Views)

Yes, I am interested!  I am married, but employed only VERY part time.  My husband is still employed VERY full time running a business.  We generally take one "big" trip a year (i.e., a tour somewhere in  Europe, or this fall going to Galapagos and Machu Picchu), but I would love to go more often.  I am currently taking a Rosetta Stone course in Italian, hoping to learn the language and spend some time in Italy.  I have been to Rome, Tuscany, and Venice, but really would love to see other parts of the country and spend some additional time in Tuscany.  But that's just one of the things on my list--it's a very long list!

I live in Rapid City, SD.  If you ever find yourselves in the beautiful Black Hills, be sure to look me up!