Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Info Seeker

Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 241 of 255

Just saw this.  I am single 64 year old retiree.  I love to travel and plan on doing a lot more over the next few years.  Most of my travel is solo but I would love to find a group of women who like to do some trips together.   I don't like the big cruise ships and probably won't do that again.   I did take a small boat trip on the Nile and really enjoyed that. 

I am in Louisville, Ky.  Fairly close to the Tenn folks who posted.  I have three trips already planned for 2013.  Las Vegas, Berlin, and Monogolia.   I would be interested in trips in the US but not available for anything else until next year.   I would enjoy meeting up with folks in Nashville or New Orleans.  Be glad to help organize if there is interest.

I will not be here this year but maybe next years some of you would like to come in for the Kentucky Derby.  It would be fun to show Louisville off!!!   I will post if I decide to head out somewhere.  Please let me know if anyone has an idea.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 242 of 255
I like to travel too. The Caribbean sounds great
I'm married and in my 60s. From Mass.
My schedule is flexible.
I like to stay at one place to see the local sites.
Info Seeker

Message 243 of 255

Yes, I am very open in meeting other ladies who want to venture out and travel the world.  I am a widow, recently retired at the wonderful age of 62, and yearning to see and experience new places.  

I live in the sunny eastern part of  Washington state -- another region known for its extensive wineries.

If you have any plans for future travels, let me know.

Info Seeker

Message 244 of 255

Yes, I am interested!  I am married, but employed only VERY part time.  My husband is still employed VERY full time running a business.  We generally take one "big" trip a year (i.e., a tour somewhere in  Europe, or this fall going to Galapagos and Machu Picchu), but I would love to go more often.  I am currently taking a Rosetta Stone course in Italian, hoping to learn the language and spend some time in Italy.  I have been to Rome, Tuscany, and Venice, but really would love to see other parts of the country and spend some additional time in Tuscany.  But that's just one of the things on my list--it's a very long list!

I live in Rapid City, SD.  If you ever find yourselves in the beautiful Black Hills, be sure to look me up!

Info Seeker

Message 245 of 255

I too, have an interest in this...I have a desire to do a lot of things that my other female friends do not!  Such as, a trip on a river boat on the Amazon...I am open to just about anything and do like cruises, as well as land tours, or just adventures.  Have limited budget, so all inclusive vacations appeal to me.  I am 72, a widow, no health problems, and  live on the central coast of CA in the wine country!  Love to hear from someone with a plan!

Conversationalist

Message 246 of 255

sunshine6574: What part of Utah? So far you're the first to respond from Utah. Salt Lake area for me, travel would not be a problem. I also like to golf (some people would disagree I could call  it golfing).

Conversationalist

Message 247 of 255

GREAT IDEA! Yes, I am interested for a few reasons. What resonated for me: no cruises, I prefer getting to know culture of a spot. Small non-touristy, I have found to be so much more interesting. I live in Maine.

In Response to Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

Hi, I am a female that loves to travel. I do a lot of solo traveling. I've done my share of research on single travel clubs. I love the concept, but the prices they charge is overwhelming. I am willing to travel by any mode except cruises.

My logic for omitting cruises is because you can only visit a location for a day or two tops, and then at night you have to be back on the ship.  I like my freedom.

I am hoping to meet a few females who are interested to gathering together to travel once or twice each year. We can all get acquainted via email and perhaps by the end of this year or whenever the time is right, we can plan our trips and off we go.

Is anyone interested in this idea? Your thoughts?

Posted by Love2Travel707

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 248 of 255

In Response to Re: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?:

Being single meeting with female groups for travel would be beneficial for health reasons and entertaining. I would like to join such a group. I live in Utah.

I also live in Utah, single and wanting a travel partner.  Love to golf and national parks.

Posted by sissybear22

Conversationalist

Message 249 of 255

Being single meeting with female groups for travel would be beneficial for health reasons and entertaining. I would like to join such a group. I live in Utah.

Info Seeker

RE: Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with?

Message 250 of 255

In Response to Attn: Females - Are you Interested in meeting other ladies to travel with? by Love2Travel707

I'm a very fun, easy to get along with, honest person - I do have references! lol! I would love to be included in this group due to being single and loving to travel. 

Why don't you come to Memphis & meet me and I'll show you Memphis in a great touristy way!!!