Join AARP in Celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Nominate Someone for the AAPI Hero Award

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: 2016 Solo Travelling -- undetermined country

Message 1 of 26 (2,420 Views)

gaildt50 wrote:
"...I'm doing my first solo travel to Paris and London on Feb 22 - Mar 2.....".
   Good for you. I do an annual, solo trip, to the UK every year. I really like London. It's easy to get around, relatively safe (I say 'relatively' because there is no absolute). You can take the tube everywhere, lot of free museums.
   Just a hint: The tube is really crowded during rush hours.  Try to plan your time there to not be on the tube during rush hour, if possible.

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 26 (2,428 Views)
I'm doing my first solo travel to Paris and London on Feb 22 - Mar 2. I solo a lot during cruises over the place just pick places you would like to go and do it. Or visit here and canada which is great.
Conversationalist

Message 3 of 26 (2,587 Views)
hope you to have a great trip, I think South East Asia is an amazing place, especially Thailand and Malaysia
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 26 (2,695 Views)
Good suggestion, thanks.
Super Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 26 (2,705 Views)

Thank you.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 26 (2,711 Views)

Hi, If you have not already planned your vacation how about an African safari? That may seem a crazy choice for a solo trip but indeed you will not be solo. You will be on a trip with 6 to 8 other people and very, very well taken care of. I highly recommend South Africa, Kruger Park or Namibia, Etosha National Park. Go with a safari company, ask for an airport pick-up and you will be a cherished guest for as long as you are with them. There is no malaria or other diseases or unrest in these parts of the Africa. You will be in a safe, comfortable safari vehicle for viewing, sleep in lovely lodges, and eat fabulous food. You will have the trip of your life, experience something unusual and wonderful and never feel alone. Safari costs range from fairly outrageous to about the same as a European trip - all all is usually included exept tips and souvineers. I've gone twice ( in the reasonable cost catagory) and plan to go again. 

Super Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 26 (3,292 Views)
You all have shared some very interesting tips. Thank you.
Conversationalist

Message 8 of 26 (3,301 Views)

Traveling alone can be very enjoyable.  I've traveled to Europe (France, Italy, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium) but I wasn't alone.  My husband has taken numerous trips alone (Australia, Spain, Austria, Prague).  Making sure your passport is current is most important.  I would also say, make copies of your passport, driver's license, any credit/debit cards you are taking along.  And leave copies with trusted friend/relative at home & take a copy with you.  Also make sure someone at home has a copy of your itinerary, including hotels you'll be staying at.  When you get to your hotel, take one of their business cards with you when you go out, so if you get lost or something, you can just show the card to someone & ask for help finding your hotel.  Also comes in handy if you're taking a cab back to your hotel. Pack light....our 10 day trips to Europe have usually only been with carry-ons.  Plan on wearing some items more than once.  There are a lot of great travel websites you can check out.....just google "solo travel" or something like that.  I'm sure you'll find lots of useful information.  And we used Trip Advisor a lot too.

Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 26 (3,317 Views)
denisedyane wrote:
I am like you , looking for a travel buddy.
Let's connect online & maybe we can plan something for winter?! I live in North Idaho, so travel out of Spokane, WA.
denisedyane@domain.com

Please edit or delete your email address. You've posted your email on a world wide web site where, at the least, 100's of thousands of people will see this.  It's easy to find your name on social media and you're opening yourself up to all kinds of crazies contacting you.

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 10 of 26 (3,325 Views)

I am like you , looking for a travel buddy.
Let's connect online & maybe we can plan something for winter?! I live in North Idaho, so travel out of Spokane, WA.
denisedyane@domain.com