Schedule Your Free 30-Minute Life Coaching Session Via Life Reimagined. Learn More »

Info Seeker

Re: Are You Savvy About Social Security?

Message 1 of 50 (940 Views)

Social Security checks come on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th Wednesday of the month. 

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10031.pdf

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 50 (952 Views)

To resond to the Inquiry if ones's DOB. affects when they receive their S.S. First, I am unfortuntely on SSDI-something I never counted on, or why would I have Earned a Maseters of Science? Though I miss field work (impossible 4 me due to current mechanic failures). I live soley on SSDI, which has DECREAED for the past two years. I have been reliant on this povery-level income for > a decade. My D.O.B, includes a date within the LAST week of the month I was born. I Have NEVER received my treasured SSDI, any later than the 3rd of each new month. There may be a host of 'Other' requirements, as I am single, and without assets (except cats). I do not own a home or car. I continue to work on a voluntary basis-to educate the masses about the Reality and Future that Global change holds for Humanity, and as we all are aware, the pending dissappearance of the largest, most well known mammals on Earth. Our Inteference with the global Ecology Humans are Inherently reliant on....will haunt the quaity of life in the future.

As Far as I've experienced, the question as to one's Birthday is Irrelevant. S.S. comes at the end of a prior month, or within the first 3 or so days of each new month. 

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 50 (1,090 Views)
Good things for a Employer hard at work to make a income and have something in return thinks once again aarp. Im love it.org
Topics: 20
Kudos: 151

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 50 (1,211 Views)

Have you visited the Social Security web site? He needs to set up an account too. If you can't find your answer on the web site then he should visit your local social security office and talk with them. Below is a link to the web site.

https://www.ssa.gov/

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 50 (1,226 Views)

Am not savvy about Social Security. I am disabled and have a disabled child over 22yrs old. We

both receive SS. My husband wants to retire at age 62 which is next year. Will he be retiring

on my retirement benfits (early) or 1/2 of my disability benefits? My retirement benefits (early) or

more than his early retirement benefits and so is 1/2 my disability benefits. Which one will he

be getting??

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 50 (1,263 Views)
false
Info Seeker

Message 7 of 50 (1,464 Views)

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 50 (1,845 Views)

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 50 (1,854 Views)
if I take my benefit at 62 and my husband takes his own at 62,
can I then wait to full retirement age 66.7..and then take his half because it would have grown even though he took his at 62?
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 50 (1,867 Views)
true