Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Halloween Costume Parties

Message 1 of 4

I love to go (solo or with a group).  One of the work-related activities I miss are the fundraisers (Halloween contests, goolish goodies, best witch cackle, etc.).

I've dressed as Ursula--complete with tentaticles at the end of the gown, a wanna be beauty queen, a vampire biker, and Black Widow (wearing several wedding rings).  Too much fun!

My former workplace colleagues have invited me to a Halloween custume party/luncheon next week.  I'm going but I'm still trying to figure out what to wear (make my own costume).

Fey Lady
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 4

ASTRAEA wrote:

Pirate Costume.jpg

How likely are you to attend a Halloween costume party? As a single, are you less likely to participate in one, possibly showing up alone in more/less of a costume than other attendees? Would you prefer going to a singles party, than one with a lot of couples (who can do matchy-matchy)?

If you do it regularly, what sort of costumes have you worn .. or do you have a go-to outfit you've worn multiple times? Are you more likely to buy a costume, or put a lot of energy into making or pulling together something special on your own? Would you go to a large costume party to support some cultural institution, or just something at the homes of friends/family?

I've been to a couple over the years, last one dressed as a pirate. One of the regional theaters is having a party, and I'm debating going .. When I wore this the last time (years ago), I had contact lenses, so the mask wasn't that uncomfortable .. but now I'm back to glasses, and you can't wear them with this great feathered mask .. so I'm not sure what I want to do.

I would go if I wanted to regardless of being single. If I needed another for the costume so would go with a friend.  

Nice costume.  I have done some pretty good costumes over the years!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 3 of 4

I would go if I wanted to regardless of being single. If I needed another for the costume so would go with a friend.  

Nice costume.  I have done some pretty good costumes over the years!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Halloween Costume Parties

Message 4 of 4

Pirate Costume.jpg

How likely are you to attend a Halloween costume party? As a single, are you less likely to participate in one, possibly showing up alone in more/less of a costume than other attendees? Would you prefer going to a singles party, than one with a lot of couples (who can do matchy-matchy)?

If you do it regularly, what sort of costumes have you worn .. or do you have a go-to outfit you've worn multiple times? Are you more likely to buy a costume, or put a lot of energy into making or pulling together something special on your own? Would you go to a large costume party to support some cultural institution, or just something at the homes of friends/family?

I've been to a couple over the years, last one dressed as a pirate. One of the regional theaters is having a party, and I'm debating going .. When I wore this the last time (years ago), I had contact lenses, so the mask wasn't that uncomfortable .. but now I'm back to glasses, and you can't wear them with this great feathered mask .. so I'm not sure what I want to do.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!