Save 30% on AARP Smart Driver™ online course during Distracted Driving Awareness Month. Use code DDA

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: IS THE "REWARDS FOR GOOD" PROGRAM STILL WORTHLESS?

Message 21 of 24 (2,949 Views)

About 1yr ago I talked to a woman at AARP on the phone,told her I didn't want the reward coupons or points . My reasoning was most of the places offering discounts were discountined,they were located in big malls. I don't drive so that would of been difficult for me to get there. She told me if I didn't want the rewards I would have to unsubscribe from my AARP membership. I told her as nicely as I could how stupid that was,hung up.  Yes,this is a big ripoff and a joke. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 24 (2,958 Views)

bw95562019 wrote:

i have alot of points but have not used them for anything yet. i'm waiting until i find something i want. i have fun with the quizzes just wish they had new ones. i've taken all the current ones

I have done nothing to accrue points yet I have 52,000+. I haven't used them because there isn't anything worth spending the points on. The few restaurants in my locale that have coupons in the "Rewards For Good" AND are restaurants still worth going to...... have coupons, better ones than the "Rewards For Good" program, that you can get from other venues..... and you don't have to "pay" points to get them.

Super Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 24 (2,911 Views)

i have alot of points but have not used them for anything yet. i'm waiting until i find something i want. i have fun with the quizzes just wish they had new ones. i've taken all the current ones

dont take life too serious
Valued Social Butterfly

IS THE "REWARDS FOR GOOD" PROGRAM STILL WORTHLESS?

Message 24 of 24 (2,286 Views)

It has been a long time since I reviewed the restaurants listed for my locale. The last time I did it was a real eye opener. Many of the restaurants listed for my locale were in other cities and even in other states. One restaurant listed was 150 miles away from my home!!!!!!!! I conducted the previous assessment many months ago, definitely more than a year so I thought I'd conduct another assessment.

There are 326 entries for restaurants in the "Rewards For Good" program for my locale, at present.

Of these 326 entries, literally half of them are restaurants in other cities!!!!!!!!!! There were 152 of the 326 that were in other cities!!!!!!

Of the 152 restaurants listed in other cities, 24 of those were actually in another state!!!!!!!!!!

The restaurant that is 150 miles away from my home is still listed!!!!!!!!

This is the most worthless discount program I have ever seen. From what I have seen, all it does is generate complaints. AARP doesn't take responsibility for it because it is operated by a vender, The Entertainment Book. The Entertainment Book doesn't take responsibility for it becuase they say they are guided by what AARP tells them to do.

I hope our membership fees to AARP are not used to operate this STILL WORTHLESS program.