Tune into AARP’s Facebook Live Resume Q&A Wednesday, 4 p.m. EDT | Facebook.com/AARP

Conversationalist

Re: IS THE "REWARDS FOR GOOD" PROGRAM STILL WORTHLESS?

Message 11 of 24 (3,223 Views)

barbkosm - I am finding 208 points worth per day in calculator/tool type things. There are other calculators/tools that reset weekly or monthly, and the points add up. 

Here is what I'm finding in points per month:

• logins: 2100-2325 points per month (at 75 pts a day, times #days in a month)
  • promo emails:  1,200-1,350 per month.  That is what I've been seeing recent months.
  • calculator/tools: ~14,000 - 15,000 (daily, weekly, monthly tools.... I've been missing some days, so total may be a little higher)

Total monthly points ~18,000

In 10 months, a person can accumulate 180,000 points.  That is in addition to approximately 15,000 points in sign-up/subscription bonuses.  And add that to whatever they have amassed in quizzes.  Note that quizzes change over time, so people who have been here a while can amass a lot in quiz points.

Conversationalist

Message 12 of 24 (3,272 Views)

Does anyone on this board have any clue as to how people are amassing over 300,000 points (a gas card recently sold for 306,000 points so at least two people had that many)?  Even if you get fitbit points and login points every day you cannot accrue that many points.  Are there other things you can do that allow daily accumulation of points that I am not aware of?  Can anyone show the breakdown of how someone might accumulate 300,000 points?  It really doesn't seem possible.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 13 of 24 (3,178 Views)

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Conversationalist

Message 14 of 24 (3,212 Views)

Hello Epster!

Just for complete clarity, my "info-post" regarding the Rewards sweepstakes was in response to PH8's previous concerns about being unable to see any winners being listed for those contests.

Your post may have been (in your words) "beyond wordy", but it was on the spot!

My experience with the Rewards for Good program (for anyone interested):

I usually enter ALL the sweepstakes with max points allowed daily; been doing this for about one year. They used to run 10-12 gift card sweepstakes at a time, NOW only about 3-4. They close/end every other day after running a week (for the $5-10 gift cards)....the larger sweepstakes (single prize) run about a month. Winners' lists are populated a day or so after the official drawing date (pending when people reply to the notifications).

I have won plenty of these gift cards to state it is worth my time to enter; that said, I will also add "the thrill is in the chase". I understand that doesn't float everyone's boat! I'm hoping someday I'll snag one of those larger prizes, but I'm not holding my breath.

Regarding the "Daily Deal": it seems that there could certainly be some decent deals IF they offer something you are interested in, AND IF you can snag it before they are "all in carts" (which typically occurs a nanosecond after it is offerred at the magical hour for the gift cards, at least); offers renew daily at 3:00pm EST, with a 10 minute preview window prior.  I have tried to snag the points-only gift cards on countless times, only once catching one. I have decided THAT is no longer worth my time, and only occasionally check it out.

Last thought: I'm curious, for those that have accumulated tons of "useless" points with no interest in using them, can they be donated to useful/needy causes?

Take care!

Peace.

[ Edited ]
Message 15 of 24 (3,400 Views)

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Conversationalist

Message 16 of 24 (3,407 Views)

PH8:

FYI the Rewards for Good Sweepstakes winner's listings are posted under "past sweepstakes", and the winners' lists are being populated for all drawings 7/29/2015 and older. This information is current as of 8/7/2015. The lists (typically) will fill about 2/3rd to 3/4th of the way. That is what I am seeing; there is a sweepstakes for a single prize that has no winner listed. 

IMHO, these sweepstakes appear legit; for the most part, minor rewards for minimal time spent to participate. Maybe someday, I'll "catch the big one"!

On another topic, the gift cards offerred through the "daily deal" are impossible to snag, at least with my computer/connection. Gave up on that looooooooooooong ago.

Peace.

[ Edited ]
Message 17 of 24 (3,443 Views)

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 24 (3,461 Views)
I believe AARP is going downhill in my opinion. Nothing here but the people (members) are even worth coming to this site. I quit a few years ago (the Community) because of the people that had lousy attitudes about posts. I took care of my mom and didn't have time for this site anyway. Now I'm back and I really don't know why. The Rewards for good program just isn't any good at all for most of us. As I said before why don't the offer AARP membership. That will be the day huh? Smiley Happy The games are worth playing any longer. I couldn't agree with you more. The retirement thing I did a couple of times but I won't finish it. I have done all of the things and have never won anything. Anything they have sent me was a worthless piece of junk. I once had part d with them. I had to quit it because it didn't cover my meds. I don't know why I still keep coming back. I do like the people here. shirl1669

Message 19 of 24 (3,465 Views)

When I first started with the Rewards for Good,  thought it would be fun...No so much anymore.  I check in on it occasionaly.  The products are too expensive even with a discount.

Most of the restaurants are too far away,  and list must not be updated, as a lot of them are out of business. 

Also the give aways(prizes)  I checked ,  and all of the results are still pending.  What is that about?

nctarheel wrote:

It has been a long time since I reviewed the restaurants listed for my locale. The last time I did it was a real eye opener. Many of the restaurants listed for my locale were in other cities and even in other states. One restaurant listed was 150 miles away from my home!!!!!!!! I conducted the previous assessment many months ago, definitely more than a year so I thought I'd conduct another assessment.

There are 326 entries for restaurants in the "Rewards For Good" program for my locale, at present.

Of these 326 entries, literally half of them are restaurants in other cities!!!!!!!!!! There were 152 of the 326 that were in other cities!!!!!!

Of the 152 restaurants listed in other cities, 24 of those were actually in another state!!!!!!!!!!

The restaurant that is 150 miles away from my home is still listed!!!!!!!!

This is the most worthless discount program I have ever seen. From what I have seen, all it does is generate complaints. AARP doesn't take responsibility for it because it is operated by a vender, The Entertainment Book. The Entertainment Book doesn't take responsibility for it becuase they say they are guided by what AARP tells them to do.

I hope our membership fees to AARP are not used to operate this STILL WORTHLESS program.

Message 20 of 24 (3,487 Views)
Hi couldn't agree with you more. I have points but never see anything I can afford even with the discount. 10% isn't a big savings and I think it stinks. Why don't they give you a year of AARP membership. I got that one time at Walgreens for buying a blood pressure cuff. Eye Drs. tell me is isn't enough for a discount because their discount is much better. I really don't even think to take the darn card out of my purse any longer or mention that I have one.