Info Seeker

Re: I Got Scammed!!

Message 2 of 11 (794 Views)

The Lifescript ad on AARP page is also a scam.SMH 

Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 11 (1,478 Views)

Maybe not scammed but might be.

Ever receive  by  US mail those cards which offer some fabulous "governent" deal?

These cards have  most all our personal  information.  Must be the real thing,right?

Just be sure a look at the very  bottom of these cards (or maybe a letter  with genuine looking letterhead).  There where the print is soooo  small, one needs several magnifying glasses to even see let alone read!

And those tiny letters tell us, not quoting, "no such animal."   And one sinks deeper and deeper all because "we did not read the 'fine print.'"

I have come close until I found out what that small print said.  Hope we all do not fall victim to yet another SCAM!

Thanks for this subject!

Charlee

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 11 (1,776 Views)

Just remember, when it seems too good to be true that it is!!!

Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 11 (2,150 Views)

The timing of this was great.  I just received an e-mail with the subject line "Get your exclusive Trump two dollar bill."  Needless to say, I deleted it without opening it.  I'm not making a political statement, it's just that it is obviously a scam.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 11 (2,278 Views)

I am sooooo happy you used your store bought charge card I have one also this is the only way I make purchases on line.  Smart person keep it up/. 

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 11 (2,361 Views)

Great lesson my shell credit card got scammed after I put 30.00 dollars tuned in 65. after that I got a fake email that turned out to be bogus site,

sent that to the fraud department and ended well.

Super Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 11 (2,664 Views)

What do you think of the extra fees colleges charge in addition to their already high tuition?  They need to be investigated when admins get more money tha the professors.  Recently NYU was investigated and junk fees were added that amounted to over $5000 and showed that CEOs were making millions and living in luxury in condos with heated floors, marble bathrooms, etc. while these kids struggle to repay debt.  Also women are joining The Sugar  Baby University online to repay college debt.  The schools are getting billions in endowments while as a nonprofit don't pay taxes.   Trump should start making them pay not squeezing money out of kids who are dropping out bc they can't afford the high cost of a college education.  The kids are being SCAMMED!!!  Bernie where are you now??

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 11 (2,687 Views)

I honestly feel this pain...

Great and thank you for acknowleding from the outset this was not "Coach outlet" address/site.

You successfully filed dispute and appears you won. Congrats on that!

Thanks for sharing. Re-iterate the point that check for bonified site (always check, including affiliation(s) e.g., Coach = Coachoutlet vs hotdeals.xyz).

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 11 (2,705 Views)

@sunday46,

What price were these Coach bags?