Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Bulletin is FILLED with questionable companies. Why don't they do a BBB check on advertisers?

Contributor

AARP Bulletin is FILLED with questionable companies. Why don't they do a BBB check on advertisers?

Saw a "Free $2 bill ad in the latest 'AARP bulletin.  I Googled BBB and the advertisers name and was stunned by the volume of complaints about this company.  Worse, the nature of the complaints told me this was NO COMPANY that should be advertising in the AARP Bulletin if it was serious about fighting entities that take advantage of seniors. 

I think everybody reading the Bulletin casts a jaundiced eye towards almost every single ad, but WHY is AARP not running BBB checks on these advertisers?  If they have dozens of complaints from people, why would AARP allow them to advertise if it wasn't just all about the ad revenue?

Periodic Contributor

You're right. They also tell people that they recommend Consumer cellular, but they are NOT cheap, same with the Hartford. It's all about making money for themselves, not helping people who don't have money to waste.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ls82843336 AARP vets advertisers found in the AARP Bulletin, AARP Magazine, and on AARP.orgWe take feedback and complaints seriously and will investigate the advertisement found in our publication. Please give us a call for further assistance:  1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277).

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP