Message 1 of 18 (29 Views)

I can do without another - Macarena.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: What Songs Would You Retire?

Message 2 of 18 (36 Views)

nyadrn wrote:

This is probably on several lists and is another of my nominees

Wreckx-N-Effect* - Rump Shaker

I don't know that one, but safe to say, I won't venture to find out!

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 18 (62 Views)

This is probably on several lists and is another of my nominees

Wreckx-N-Effect* - Rump Shaker

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 18 (89 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@MaVolta - I like show tunes; at least for the older shows where you can actually remember the music & lyrics years later! Like "To Dream the Impossible Dream", from "Man of La Mancha".

@ASTRAEA - Yes, Man of La Mancha is another exception for me. I especially like I Don Quixote, as well as The Impossible Dream and Little Bird Little Bird.

Man of La Mancha and Cats are my two favorites from the musicals genre. There were musical tours that came through here many years ago, so I was able to see both of them. 

As you mentioned in your earlier post, people naturally gravitate to the music they like, and avoid what they do not. There are some modern tunes that I hear while out shopping that I have come to enjoy, and others that I hope never to hear again!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 18 (97 Views)

@MaVolta - I like show tunes; at least for the older shows where you can actually remember the music & lyrics years later! Like "To Dream the Impossible Dream", from "Man of La Mancha".

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 18 (97 Views)

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 18 (102 Views)

nyadrn wrote:

I had forgotten Tiptoe.  You are probably right about that one but Blinded by the Light?   Hmmmmm

Havd you forgotten They're Coming to take you away?

https://youtu.be/xyXCkjMBK70

Tiptoe deserves to be buried and forgotten! I believe it's been retired, and I hope no one ever tries to revive it!

I do remember They're Coming to Take Me Away (ha ha). It was retired, with good reason, for being politically incorrect, of course.

The songs that usually tire me are show tunes. I'm not a big fan of either film or Broadway musicals to begin with, so I don't care for most of the music that goes along with them. There are a few exceptions (Memory from Cats is one), but they can canister most of them for my part!

On the other hand, I would never consider retiring a Beatles song, or songs like Imagine by John Lennon. In fact, I think Imagine is as appropriate for today's world as it was when it was written.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 18 (172 Views)

If I hear that song one more time! see follow this site after choose best song exmple like: mp3 juice that is best for all time and provided fresh song for this.

Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 18 (203 Views)

retiredtraveler wrote:

"....He is with "Lola, she is a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there
She can merengue and do the cha-cha
while she tries to be a star........ get ready for it......... ".

I'm going to shut down my PC. It's infected with the most stupid song I've ever heard next to Tiptoe through the Tulips (Tiny Tim).  It needs a file purge and rest.................

BTW: Blinded by the Light needs to be purged too. Ok, I'm going to now listen the The Planets, by Holst.

What.  No kudos?  

I had forgotten Tiptoe.  You are probably right about that one but Blinded by the Light?   Hmmmmm

Havd you forgotten They're Coming to take you away?

https://youtu.be/xyXCkjMBK70

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 18 (211 Views)

"....He is with "Lola, she is a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there
She can merengue and do the cha-cha
while she tries to be a star........ get ready for it......... ".

I'm going to shut down my PC. It's infected with the most stupid song I've ever heard next to Tiptoe through the Tulips (Tiny Tim).  It needs a file purge and rest.................

BTW: Blinded by the Light needs to be purged too. Ok, I'm going to now listen the The Planets, by Holst.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.