Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by glendaann

Glad you liked them.  Christmas in Hollis from Run DMC  is a fun Christmas song.

Now on a different note completely, I am listening to Govt Mule.. Warren Haynes is just terrific.

Gov't Mule - Beautifully Broken Warren Haynes
10 min - Nov 23, 2007
Uploaded by raskamas

youtube.com

0 Kudos

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

HI and thanks. You know we were lost while you were gone! I enjoyed all three of these-so upbeat. Loved the pit pulling Santa's sleigh at the end of the 3rd one. ha

glenda

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi

You have been doing a great job with this topic.  Thanks for the great adds for Veterans  and for The Band.  Music is always great at bringing back the memories for me.

Speaking of which,  it is the Christmas season and I am loading some Christmas CD's into my itunes library so I am listening to lots of my favorites tonight and I thought I would stop and share shome.

From one of my all time favorite Christmas CDs, A Very Special Christmas here are some fun songs:

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Merry Christmas Baby COUNT ...
6 min - Dec 25, 2008
Uploaded by loopyvids

youtube.com

Madonna - Santa Baby
3 min - Apr 6, 2008
Uploaded by scrubinc

youtube.com

RUN-DMC - Christmas In Hollis
4 min - Oct 25, 2009
Uploaded by RUNDMCVEVO

youtube.com

0 Kudos

RIP Rick Danko.

The Band - It Makes No Difference
5 min - May 18, 2006
Uploaded by littlevelvetwhore

youtube.com

0 Kudos

You know last month was Veterans Day, yesterday was Pearl Harbor Day, all veterans and those currently serving our country are on my mind. So today I'm listening to,

America, The Beautiful : Ray Charles '91

Rated 5.0 out of 5.0

- 4 min - Feb 16, 2008 - Uploaded by pum0613

Live At The McCallum Theater
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghz4_kikLkE

0 Kudos

Happy Birthday Little Richard and Oklahoma's own J.J. Cale who wrote After Midnight, is one of the originators of "The Tulsa Sound" and this video features Tulsan Rocky Frisco on piano.

Good Golly Miss Molly

Rated 5.0 out of 5.0

- 2 min - Jan 7, 2009 - Uploaded by VidZone

First originally recorded by this man himself in 1956, this live performance shows why this song is so popular. A rock 'n' roll standard, this has ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqHQqb5ot74

JJ Cale - after midnight - studio live
4 min - Mar 24, 2008
Uploaded by FastForwardFolkert

youtube.com

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

This is another beautiful song by Van

HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY THAT I LOVE YOU ...

4 min - May 7, 2010 - Uploaded by dialogue360
Since I can't find a good video on the song, I have decided to make one myself....hope you'll like it. Please check out www ...
youtube.com -
Related videos

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

He is in a league by himself.  Lovely.  Those Irish guys are terrific : )

He is on my would love to see list as well as Gary Moore  ..  yet another terrific Irish lad.  Everytime I think of these I remember Phil Lynott

and I know I have shared this before but it is so good : )

Gary Moore with Phil Lynott - Parisienne Walkways ...

6 min - Mar 18, 2006 - Uploaded by axe72bcn
Gary Moore with Phil Lynott - Parisienne Walkways (live)
youtube.com -
Related videos

0 Kudos

Started my day with Van, looks like I'm going to continue. This is fantastic. He's still at the top of my "to see" list.

Van Morrison "Common One" (Live)
7 min - Jul 11, 2010
Uploaded by CJHawkinsTube

youtube.com

0 Kudos

Still Subdudess. Still love em and love this song. If anyone looks, note three Little Feat guys making an appearance on this. You'll recognize them.

Subdudes - All The Time In The World* - 06/25/07
8 min - Jan 11, 2008
Uploaded by JeffSq

youtube.com

0 Kudos

Due to seeing all of my children plus consuming too much sugar yesterday, I'm feeling nostalgic today. This is one of my favorite Subdudes songs-a song from a parent to his child who is growing up and is no longer a child.....his SugarPie. Someday my childen too will understand the feeling of this song. If you can't understand all the lyrics, they're worth googling for all parents, moms or dads, the feeling's the same.

Sugar Pie.mov
5 min - May 18, 2010
Uploaded by videoedguy

youtube.com

0 Kudos

Always listened to this on the way to home town on Thanksgiving Day. It lasted for 1/3 of the trip which make the trip seem shorter. MIssed it this year, so thanks to you I'm listening now. Didn't see the parade. Drats!

glenda

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by cindyak

Cindy

Santana is always fabulous.  Cannot go wrong with anything of his. Thanks for reminding us that he has a new CD.

I have a Thanksgiving classic playing.  I hope as the year's go by, people will remember this great song!  Did you see him at the parade?

Arlo Guthrie/Alice's Restaurant
19 min - Oct 5, 2006
Uploaded by jguth3

youtube.com

0 Kudos

Just got the newest Santana CD from the library. Guitar Heaven. What a wonderful new CD. anyone who loves Santana will really like this

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi 

Glad you enjoyed them.  I was very surprised when I first looked for the group that did the Soprano's theme and checked out their music.  I really liked the sound and the band.   I really enjoy sharing these videos and music with each other.  Thanks.

Diane

0 Kudos

Wow, Diane, you are right. I was familiar with Woke Up This Morning but not the group. Watched both that you posted and then Folsom Prison, Had to hear more of the female singer, Devlin Love, then found an acoustic version of Woke Up This Morning on which she sings more. I'll be watching more of them. THANKS for posting these. I really like this group.

glenda

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Listening to a great fun group .. well at least in my humble opinion : )

Alabama 3    If you have never heard them, give these a try.  For those of you who watched The Sopranos  I am sure you will recognize Work Up This Morning.

Alabama 3 - Hello... I'm johnny cash
3 min - Jul 30, 2007
Uploaded by Pauliefemo

youtube.com

Alabama 3 - Woke up This Morning
4 min - Jul 31, 2007
Uploaded by Pauliefemo

youtube.com

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nancy8405

Hi

That's great that you got to go!!  I love live music concerts.. there is nothing like them for the spontaneous group feelings that they evoke.  When you are watching someone you love and everyone knows the words to all their songs and there is that great group energy  it is just magic.  Good for you.  The Doobies are another group that just keeps rolling along.  Saw Michael McDonald a few years ago and so is he : )

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Diane

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi

another great video  and Fats is a huge part of music history.. always great to listen to.  Thanks for the post.

0 Kudos

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nancy8405

Isn't it a thrill to still get to go to concerts? Glad to hear they're still good and that you  obviously had a wonderful time since you chair danced.

glenda

0 Kudos
Contributor

I saw The Doobie Brothers in concert this week and, let me tell you, they were great!!!   It was so much fun!  There are still three members from the original group and they got the crowd involved with singing and clapping.  I did stand at one point but, didn't want to block the people behind me so, I did a lot of chair dancing !!  Their new songs were also good.  A lot of times you go see an old group and you just don't like the new songs but, their's were good.  I think I'll buy their new album.......I mean CD !

0 Kudos

I like her a lot, her videos are cute, and it's good to hear a young one singing a version like from how long ago?

Today, however, after reading your tribute post, I'm listening to Fats. I liked the slide show video of this song.

Blueberry Hill - Fats Domino Tribute Slideshow
2 min - Aug 3, 2007
Uploaded by jeffrok

youtube.com

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi

Yes, most bands that I see consider it rude for the front to sit down  : )

but then of course there are different venues  and crowds etc.  That said, as you pointed out it would be hard to sit through a concert like that one.  Glad you had a chance to do it. 

I have been listening to a new artist Dionne Bromfield covering some old songs from my youth... here is a sample.  See what you think.

Dionne Bromfield - Foolish Little Girl
3 min - Sep 23, 2009
Uploaded by DionneBromfield

youtube.com

Dionne Bromfield - Mama Said
3 min - Oct 14, 2009
Uploaded by DionneBromfield

youtube.com

0 Kudos

I was surprised too, Diane,but although I now qualify as an elder there were several couples way older than me sitting between us and the young ones up front, so that was probably why they were asked to sit down. However, I've got to tell you that didn't last as everybody started standing up, remained standing and those older than me were lost from my view plus my attention was glued to the stage.   Glad for the big screens so the older ones got to see something as obviously their hearts and spirits were in the right place.

0 Kudos

i saw their performance on The View. How wonderful!! I now have my name on the list at the library for their CD.

And how can you not like Bon Jovi. As far am I'm concerned Jon could stand on stage and mediate and it'd still be fun to watch! 🙂

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hey

That is great that you got good seats and shared this great show with your daughter.  I am really happy for you!   Leon still performs as well as he always has  or so it looked to me and being a home town guy all the better eh?  : )

Diane

ps  I was surprised at the people telling the guys in the front to sit down.  It was a concert ??  but maybe I am too used to the rockers eh : )

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

Hi J

Glad that you enjoyed your concert.  These guys are pretty good.  

Looks like you found some Bon Jovi fans right here.. and that is not surprising because they are all over : )

I did not catch him on TV. I was watching  That Metal Show.  They had on Jeff and Frank from Tesla and Chuck Billy..   wow  it was a good show.

Also on last night was the season finale of Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp.  Brett Michaels came in for the finale.  I really enjoyed this season!

Wonder if there are any other fans of That Metal Show here?

Diane

0 Kudos

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

Hi all. Leon Russell and Elton John. There is much better video to be youtubed of these two especially from appearances on GMA and The View, however I was at this concert Friday night, and this is how the show opened, this is what I saw. No fanfare. Elton John simply walked on stage to introduce Leon. My daughter and I were in the 6th row behind the young men you'll see standing in the front row so we really got to SEE. I can't even begin to tell you what a fantastic concert this was. Tickets were expensive, but (hint for your children) this was my early Christmas present from daughter.

Elton John introduces Leon Russell BOK
4 min - 14 hours ago
Uploaded by preservemusic

youtube.com

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by cindyak

Hi Cindy,

You and me both.  I did know he was on Letterman and I recorded it.  He was also on the Today show on Friday and I recorded that also.  I'm on the bands e-mail list so I always get updates of any tv appearances.  Some friends of mine are going to see him in Vegas.  One offered to pay my way but I couldn't let her do that.  He'll come here again one day and when he does I'll be there.

Here's a band that opened for "Dawes" last night.  There name is "The Romany Rye".  I really enjoyed them and bought their CD for $10.00.  Very good.

Janese

The Romany Rye "All The Boys"
5 min - Jun 14, 2010
Uploaded by barnelby

youtube.com

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi D,

Never heard this artist before.  Will give a listen later.  Trying to get some messages answered before going to the nursing home.  Concert was great last night.  Had a good time.

J.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP